• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Planning DG road trip through the Southeast.

schmee

A buddy and I have some time off in the next several weeks, and we are trying to plan a disc golf road trip through part of the Southeast. The plan is to leave Huntsville, AL and travel up I-65 through Nashville, Bowling Green, and Louisville and into Cincinnati. Then we will travel south through Lexington, Knoxville and Chattanooga and back into Alabama.

The courses I know we would like to play:
Seven Oaks
Cedar Hill
Holler in the Hills
Old English?
Idlewild
The Sinks

Any good suggestions for other courses we should catch? Neither of us have played any of the TN or KY courses at all. Over all, we're looking for a 4-5 night trip, and we plan on camping most of those nights. All opinions are appreciated. Thanks.

You should play Kerieakes and Hobson Grove in Bowling Green, Freeman Lake in Elizabethtown, Seviren Lang and Iroquois (and maybe the Fun Farm) around Louisville, Patoka Lake near Old English, and Lincoln Ridge and Mt. Airy near Idlewild.

Nashville area you should also hit up Smyrna. You will be very pleased.

The Goat Path is 25 minutes from Holler in The Hills. You are welcome to camp here if you like.
Veterans Park in Lexington and Rhiney B in Nicholasville are good places to play in that area.

The Goat Path is 25 minutes from Holler in The Hills. You are welcome to camp here if you like.
Veterans Park in Lexington and Rhiney B in Nicholasville are good places to play in that area.

We definitely might do that. I've heard good things about The Goat Path. I'll talk it over with my buddy.

You should play Kerieakes and Hobson Grove in Bowling Green, Freeman Lake in Elizabethtown, Seviren Lang and Iroquois (and maybe the Fun Farm) around Louisville, Patoka Lake near Old English, and Lincoln Ridge and Mt. Airy near Idlewild.

Thanks! This is great information. I think we'll try to do all of those, except I'm not sure that we'll do Patoka Lake.

Anybody played Lover's Lane in Bowling Green? Also, any recommendations on courses around the Knoxville area?

Knoxville? Victor Ashe. Nice place, much of the course is fairly long and open on rolling hills. Not a great course but I think the best bet in Knoxville.

knoxville should have another course in the ground by the end of the month, supposed to be a long wooded course. Tommy Shumpert Park

Lovers Lane is the best kept course in Bowling Green. It is mostly open and easily mowed. Hobson Grove can get pretty tall in the summer as it is mostly wooded. Keriakes is a nice mixed course with mowed fairways through some tall rough. I play Hobson, Keriakes and Preston Miller the most. Preston Miller is a fun easy to play mixed course. I also play Bowling Green Technical College. Its a new course that is pretty tough.