• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Plastic Finding Season - Post Yours

Oregon Southpaw

Bogey Member
I don't know what it is - maybe an influx of new or out of town players - but I have found some discs in the last week: :hfive:

SS Avenger
DX Orc
DX Archangel (both found together, both brand new)
Star Boss (returned)
Some flippy Gateway disc with Bob Marley on it (returned)
iDye Gummy Champion Wraith (called, dude lives in MN, "keep it")

I have also gotten called for two discs that have been out of my bag, a KC Pro Roc and a Champ Wraith.

[tries to not tempt disc golf gods but instead honor them with this thread]

I've found this summer so far

2 x DX Wraith
Pro Katana
Pro Destroyer
2 x Champ Grooves
3 x Champ Beasts

Nothing inked. College campus. Am tees ~ 300 feet, pro tees max 440 feet, only 2 over 325. Sigh

Yeah, I am not even sure where to begin with this thread I have found so much recently. That could be because the coruse I play regularly is really overgrown right now, even after a mowing by the parks and rec department.

Champ Sidewinder
Champ Beast
Champ Wraith
ESP NUKE

At least those are the ones the I remember off the top of my head. No info on any of them. All posted on local forums. None claimed.

in the last 2 months:

White Star Teerex- working on returning - friend of a friend
Tourney Stamped Elite Z surge- no #
Black, Almost new Star Teerex- haven't gotten around to calling, but I don't play with it either.

kind of a dead season down here (summer on the gulf coast) but still finding more discs than ever.

Hmm, I find discs nearly every time I play. Here's what I can think of...

167 star boss
144 rpro boss
171 Flick
175 cheetah
169 wolf
167 champ sidewinder
bottom stamp 175 dx valk
soft magnet
champ panther
pro d comet
star destroyer
150 dx bar stamp teebird
166 star sidewinder
some random frisbee

I buy a lot of plastic and at least half my collection is probably found discs. Amazing how many are left blank or just have some dudes nickname, like I'm supposed to ask around for a shimko or silverali.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_N7nV9kHQeAw/S1fSLGD5DfI/AAAAAAAAB2U/jc81Qq0800g/s400/master-HX248.jpg

Found the orange one of these "beauties" unfortuneatly, I have two already sitting in my garage :doh:

so I just threw it deeper into the woods.

hopefully no one will find it. It'd be devastating for their game

LOL. The proper way to deal with these involves Holy water, wooden stakes, a gallon of accelerant and an unmarked grave. Or you could always just give it to one of your inlaws:p

I usually find more in the fall as well.

So, after another find today, I have completed the current production run of Wraths.

DX Wraith (just the most amazing variant of DX I've seen, so gummy like pro but keeping its shape and throws like a rubber band)
Pro Wraith (beat in to the brink of flippiness but still very useable)
Champ Wraith (tye-dye, overstable as all get out)
Star Wraith (the one I bought, KC autograph)
Echo Star Wraith (most overstable and domey of all)

I don't find alot. I found a SOLS eailer this year that I returned.

a Champ Sidewinder that I mailed back to the guy

A champ Beast. Called the guy, he said he wanted it, and never called back. I left him a message, and I still havn't heard back from him.

Amazing how many are left blank or just have some dudes nickname, like I'm supposed to ask around for a shimko or silverali.

Hey, that's me ole Shimko Silverali. I would have thought you would have heard of ole Shimko Silverali, heck the dude is famous for something, I am sure of it.
The only discs I lost were disc golf discs. You can return them anytime by calling BR-549 anytime after 6 pmam.:p

I have found so many this season I cant remember what they were but I found my 48th so far!!!! Pro Tye Dye Wraith no ink. About 35 of the ones I have found have had no ink on them, I contribute this to the fact that most were found at courses that alot of beginners play on and don't know that if you write your name and number the honest discers will call you. The ones I have found with ink have been happily returned to there rightful owners YAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Of the ones with no ink I have probably given away about 25 to new players who were only playing with one or two discs. :) Gotta spread the love when you can.

That is crazy, I guess I'll keep finding them this summer.

Picked up a Champ Eagle that feels just like Star. Did they make 11x or 12x Champy Star Eagles (No L or Distance on the disc)?