• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Plastic Finding Season - Post Yours

I've found a few discs lately. What shocks me is some of the places/courses where people lose them: wide open grassy areas or on courses with absolutely no shule or undergrowth. It's like, really? How could you lose a disc here?

Most of my buddy's bag is lost discs (he's really good at spotting them) even after returning the inked ones.

I don't find a ton, a few, but not compared to what a buddy of mine found as the snow melted this year. I guess living in minnesota with tons of courses and lots of snow, while playing year round has it's perks. I dunno the exact count without finding it on his facebook, but I knew where this picture was. All found in 1 week, over 100 I believe.

2nbsrqg.jpg

good lord man

UPDATE---
Star Wraith
X Talon
DX Leopard
Champ Boss (with amazing Dynamic Discs Dye)
Star Coyote-on top of basket
Star FL-on top of basket

lost two star wraiths this weekend...including my go to beat in one and a brand new hardly used baby. I hadn't lost a disc in months and months..I'm still a little depressed, lol

FAU in Jupiter Fl btw.

I've found a few discs lately. What shocks me is some of the places/courses where people lose them: wide open grassy areas or on courses with absolutely no shule or undergrowth. It's like, really? How could you lose a disc here?

I emptied my bag on hole 17 at FAU campus in florida. Lost my prized star wraith (see above) I walked the field back and forth for an hour..the thing is gone.

Picked up a DX Wraith today, which I am sort of excited about as I had been wanted to try one out. It was laying out in a rather open area, but there was absolutely no one around in any direction. I assume someone was taking the good ole extra throw from the tee and just forgot.

I found 2 and lost 2 last time I played. One I found has a number on it, so I will be trying to return it. The other is a putter. As new player I was kind of amazed that someone can loose a putter, but after reading a lot of the posts here, I understand that some people drive with them.

I also cringe when I read all these people in this thread who have found DX wraiths. I've lost 2 of those since I started playing, and I am stupid enough to not have put my name on either. I will be doing that with my new one I just ordered, no doubt.

I was pulling my blue Leopard out of a stream (Golden Retriever = good investment) and I pulled out a blue DX Valk, no ink. What's funny is that I pulled the new Valkyrie out of the same spot where my brother lost one of my banged up DX Valks (just use 'em as water discs anyhoo). So it would seem that the circle is complete.

In the past week:

Wraith - DX - White - No Ink
Eagle - DX - Purple - No Ink
Destroyer - Star - Pink - Belongs to a friend of mine
Beast - Champ - Yellow - No Ink
Max - Star - Yellow -
Whippet - Champ - Orange - no Ink (Who doesn't label these?!?)
Orc - Champ - Tye-Dye - Returned to friend
Leopard - DX - Name/No - Left message
Boss - Champ - Orange - No Ink

Maybe a couple more!

Found a nicely worn DX Beast after my drive on a hole a couple weeks ago. No ink. Picked it up, figured "what the hell", and threw it for my approach shot 200'+ away. Big fat hyzer line, and I drained it....for par. I had lost the disc I drove the hole with (pro Wraith, also no ink) and found the Beast while looking for it.

I kept the Beast. Figured it was a fair trade.

My brother found a brand new Flydye something or other Beast or something. We actually saw the guy tee off with it, walk up to it and take his second shot. We didn't think anything of it until we walk the hole and the disc is still on the ground. 2 holes later..."Uh, did you guys find a disc back there on 4?" "Yeah we did." (karma's a bitch)

Finished the round with them and made some new friends.

:hfive:

Have found and returned a bunch so far this year, only one I have kept is a good shape 168 Star Sidewinder, has a name and number I called and left a message, no response. I won't call again.

noticed a pair of white discs in the same tree only about 15 feet off the ground on the island across the stream from hole 17 at shaver. walked across the log, grabbed a long branch off the ground, and dislodged both of them. a white dx valk and a white pro d buzzz, both starting to taco and both pretty banged up. no ink, either

i traded them in for 4.50 towards a banger gt :thmbup:

It has not been a good summer so far i have lost quadruple the discs that i have found. The only one worth mentioning that i found was a 175 star destroyer that i called the guy and he never returned my call so i inherited it but i want to trade it cause i hate destroyers

This season has returned a bountiful harvest.

A 174 g KC Pro Eagle with AT LEAST 5 names on it (some with area codes in different states) and I don't even know where to start. It's pretty beat up and faded, may have been in the bog for a while.

A 174g #3 Lightning driver (no ink) that is so beat to hell that people laugh when I pull it out of the bag. They stop when it turns right beautifully and lays up next to the pin.

And last night another #3 driver (173g) back in the little bit of woods on my home course. I was looking for the Eagle after a wayward test drive.

Here is what i have found so far..all called or posted on local forums but no answer

Star Xcal - i called several times and left a msg but no answer :confused:
Almost new Champ Boss - no ink
Champ Leopard - no ink
Polaris LS - told to "keep it"
Champ Beast - Returned
DX Sidewinder - no ink
Pro Firebird - no ink
Tye Dye Champ Firebird - no ink

I found a Star Eagle while visiting a friend about 2 hours away. It had a name/number and I gave it to my friend to deal with since I live so far away. Dunno if karma is gonna get me for that...

also found a Gateway Element-no ink. I traded it for a champ beast.

I was helping some random dude look for his disc this afternoon and I found a nearly new, uninked, baby blue Star Destroyer. Add 1 to my trade list.

Played Freedom Park in Canton, MI earlier today. As I was putting on #4, I noticed the edge of a disc in the pond. I grabbed a long branch and retrieved a Champion Beast, no ink! Nice! On #9, I was helping my buddy locate his disc in the brush when I see an orange JLS hanging in the bushes, no ink! Not a bad day on the course at all!

Latest posts