• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pls don't add courses under construction

Generally true, but not always practical. Sometimes the course owner, designer, or someone in authority is not on DGCR. Then, it would certainly be good to ask them before proceding. Sometimes that person can't be found. A lot of little 9 holers in small towns wouldn't be listed at all if some random disc golfer hadn't taken it upon himself to add it---and we're better off for it.

Yeah, I've added to courses that were put in in city parks. I found out about them because a family member sent me an article in the news paper about their opening.

Several months later when I returned to my home state, they were still not listed here. I played them, photographed them and listed them.

I think a simple rule applies. Provate property, let the owner do it or ask. Public park, go ahead and list it when it's in the ground.

Public park, defer to the designer or other authority, if you can find him. There may be reasons for a delayed debut. If it seems to have been around for a while---go ahead.

Along these same lines, even when a course IS ready, be sure if you're going to be out and be Christopher Columbus, you at least should list the course properly. We had a course designed by someone in one of my clubs go live this week and someone on here has already uploaded it (and reviewed it!) and proceeded to do all of the following.

- Didn't put the full proper name of the course in, (leaving the one keyword that people would search for out)
- Entered a town name that does not exist, but somehow got the correct zip code (it's since been corrected)
- Filled the description with several words with proper names being lowercase (that always looks professional)
- Gave the directions to the course from only one town as if that's the only means by which anyone would get there.

But hey, he saved me an almost two hour trip and hasn't uploaded any vertical pictures (yet), so there's that.

They probably did it because their are incentives for adding a new course to DGCR. They wanted that badge!

One of the most quoted movies, ever...

Great thread...I have a course where the same individual

1.) listed the course ( course wasn't even named yet. - guess what, it isn't listed correctly),

2.)rated an unfinished course even stating in rating anticipation of final layout,

3.) Planning an event at course ( I was able to kill this effort)

Gotta love the internet!