• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] PM Hades

I must have got some super weird Terns then. I bought a couple Pro Terns about a year ago and they have no glide at all. They have a slight turn at the beginning/mid but then dump hard on the fade. Their distance is substantially shorter than my proto Hades or really any other distance driver that's not overstable. They were the biggest duds I've ever bought.

Pro Terns are the worst of the lot. They're flat and glideless. I've thrown a couple, and wasn't impressed at all.

Champion or star Terns with dome are what you want. They're some of the longest drivers I've ever thrown.

Usually pro plastic is really long/glidey, but with the Tern things didn't work out at all.

I agree completely. I have 4 now, and only one does what I think the mold was supposed to do. It's crazy long and has great glide. I chose it over Terns now because I get a better release. The others do not turn at my length and just don't do anything better than many other discs I have. Now scared to buy any more.

As to the Tern glide thing, there isn't another high speed driver that comes close for me. Maybe King/Destiny.

I've only thrown 1 Hades that came close to a Tern in terms of glide/distance. It was a lightweight proto. Pretty flippy, but very long.

Most Hades' for me are substantially shorter than Terns. They don't glide as well, and they fade out early. It isn't that the Hades is a bad mold, but I feel like it could be better.

I've tried to write off the Tern multiple times. I don't bag one, and haven't for a while. However, sometimes I'll go to the field with assorted drivers and start going for max distance. Often, Terns will outdo all the other drivers I put them up against. The last Tern I threw was a halo, and I loved it. It was similar, yet far better, than any Hades I've thrown.

I bought a Gstar tern recently and it is a glideless meat hook. My gstar destroyers fly straighter than it does. It also has the same problem that other overstable but meant to be understable drivers tend to have in that it either turns over and is gone if its forced or it hooks up like a firebird.

That sucks, and I've seen it. Usually I find G* Terns to be flat and flippy. The last G* Tern I threw was actually a really pleasant bomber. Max weight, and it freaking smashes.

The last really disappointing Tern I threw was a dyed champion. Good dome, but very overstable. No glide. IDK what the deal was, but I couldn't make it do anything.

It pisses me off when a disc won't turn, but then flips when you really get aggressive with it. The Relativity is also good at that.

Halo terns for me are great, straight out of the box they get some turn so it is easy just start doing hyzerflips. No need for break in. Then for a bit more stability I bump to halo shrykes.

I find the halo terns be really good and controllable for my forehand hyzerflip too which is a plus to minimize number discs.

Hades

Quick little bit of insight on the Hades after throwing a few of them lately....

I'm convinced that the proto and regular run Hades' are 2 completely different molds. Discraft obviously tweaked some things before the regular release.

I've thrown several proto Hades', and they're all domey, very glidey, and fairly understable. I'd rate the proto Hades at 12, 6, -3, 2. The newer Hades' seem to be flatter, less glidey, and noticeably more stable. I'd rate the regular Hades at 12, 5, -2, 2.

Both models are fine, but it depends what you want out of them. Proto Hades' work great for hyzerflip bombs that will go right and not really come back. The regular Hades' can be thrown harder, and will eventually fade back late in flight.

Both models will go over 400' with relative ease. IMO this is what the Nuke SS should have been.

Latest posts