• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] PM Hades

I like that they at least didn't name this disc "Zeus SS". I find it annoying when companies (especially Discraft) take an established mold and then basically tweak it and add SS to the name. If you're going to make a new disc, call it something entirely different (which they seem to have done here).

If the Hades flies as described it should be a good seller. It'll be in direct competition with the Crank though.

I like that they at least didn't name this disc "Zeus SS". I find it annoying when companies (especially Discraft) take an established mold and then basically tweak it and add SS to the name. If you're going to make a new disc, call it something entirely different (which they seem to have done here).

If the Hades flies as described it should be a good seller. It'll be in direct competition with the Crank though.

The OS/SS thing works for me. Companies are already running out of decent names. As long as it feels similar in the hand with a different parting line height, like the Crank/Crank SS, I'm good with it. If the wing is a new shape, give it a new name.

Paul said "like a 12-speed Avenger SS" in the Brodie live stream . . so i guess the HADES will be really US
But he also said "its more stable than a NUKE SS"

Paul said "like a 12-speed Avenger SS" in the Brodie live stream . . so i guess the HADES will be really US
But he also said "its more stable than a NUKE SS"
What timestamp is he talking about the hades?

Looking at that versus my Thrashers, and I am of the view it's the easier Crank SS in terms of size. If so, it'll sell like gangbusters, especially if in lighter weights.

Looking at that versus my Thrashers, and I am of the view it's the easier Crank SS in terms of size. If so, it'll sell like gangbusters, especially if in lighter weights.

This. I like my drivers lighter and a little US... This sounds like one to try for sure.

If this is a slightly more Stable Thrasher i´m for sure going to try it

I really like to test discs, and i can afford it, so i don´t see the problem..
For me it´s more fun to test new disc than it is to "play another round"

But i can´t really see Paul have much of a use for a disc like this in his bag. . but he can sure sell it, most people don´t need the OS discs that Paul have in his bag.. .
I see kids that throw max 150-200´baging Destroyers and Forces. . not really the smartest choice

I really like to test discs, and i can afford it, so i don´t see the problem..
For me it´s more fun to test new disc than it is to "play another round"

But i can´t really see Paul have much of a use for a disc like this in his bag. . but he can sure sell it, most people don´t need the OS discs that Paul have in his bag.. .
I see kids that throw max 150-200´baging Destroyers and Forces. . not really the smartest choice

May end up being a further roller, or just a reliable driver he can count on to really hold a long Anhyzer line. In the WTO they were commenting his ankle is preventing him from throwing the big anhyzers he wanted to a couple of the holes

May end up being a further roller, or just a reliable driver he can count on to really hold a long Anhyzer line. In the WTO they were commenting his ankle is preventing him from throwing the big anhyzers he wanted to a couple of the holes

And the roller BH trow is just a big Anhyzer, so i don´t think Paul will throw that many rollers in 2020.

But for once a new disc actually fills a gap in Discraft lineup . . .there is a big gap in between the 0.4 Thrasher and the 1.7 Punisher in the 12-speed lineup

The NUKE, NUKE SS and CRANK are all very wide rim drivers

I hope the HADES comes in around 1.0-1.3 in stability

McShryke or McTern or McVulcan?

I've got enough flippy distance drivers to toy around with already, but I'm sure this will be an alluring option to someone new to the game who wants a disc for max D, unpredictability be damned!

(And I'm sure Paul can throw it a country mile.)

McShryke or McTern or McVulcan?

I've got enough flippy distance drivers to toy around with already, but I'm sure this will be an alluring option to someone new to the game who wants a disc for max D, unpredictability be damned!

(And I'm sure Paul can throw it a country mile.)

Is the Hades a mold Paul would bag or throw? I've never really seen him throw anything remotely understable. For long distance he seems to throw Kongs (Zeus), Force, or Destroyers years go.

All I really know about this mold so far is that the few prototypes available online are selling for outrageous prices.

Number wise it seems like the Hades is going to overlap a lot with the Crank.

Is the Hades a mold Paul would bag or throw? I've never really seen him throw anything remotely understable. For long distance he seems to throw Kongs (Zeus), Force, or Destroyers years go.

All I really know about this mold so far is that the few prototypes available online are selling for outrageous prices.

Number wise it seems like the Hades is going to overlap a lot with the Crank.

I think he will bag it and throw it when he can. . but this disc is targeting the "average player" and i think its a smart move. . Paul can´t have ALL his own line to be OS "pro disc"

I think he will bag it and throw it when he can. . but this disc is targeting the "average player" and i think its a smart move. . Paul can´t have ALL his own line to be OS "pro disc"

I agree with you, yet I see so many average to below average players throw ridiculous discs like Destroyers or Bosses. The Destroyer is still by far the most popular mold out there, and I'd almost guarantee over half of those are bought and thrown by guys who probably won't clear 350' a day in their lives. Many average players seem to throw overstable discs simply because they see pros throw them.

Putting Paul's name on a disc will sell it, period. Putting his name on some flippier stuff definitely won't hurt.

If the Hades flies like a Shryke I think Discraft will have something profitable on their hands.

My hope is it's the flight path of a shryke but slightly smaller rim so it's easier sub 450ft throwers (like me) to get up to speed.

Shrykes are not hard at all to get up to speed. They're speed 13, but the rim doesn't feel wide. 350' power is more than enough to get some turn out of a Shryke.

If the Shryke is too much for you, the Tern is another very viable option. It'll fly every bit as far, but more erratically.

Latest posts