• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Poll: 275' Thru a Hallway. Which Gateway Midrange/Putter Do you use???

275 foot hallway shot, no wind, which Gateway Midrange do you pull out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr.Scary

Par Member
You walk up to a hole that doesn't seem that long and feel you can reach it with one of these midranges.
Which one do you use or if you had to use one of the options then choose as well.

I'd throw a Warrior since it seems faster than my Roc.
Faster it gets there the less chance to smack trees.

I might be the only person on this site that has never thrown a Gateway. I'm not one of these guys that's only loyal to one brand, but I just never got around to them. Out of curiosity though, why isn't the Ninja PDGA approved?

I might be the only person on this site that has never thrown a Gateway. I'm not one of these guys that's only loyal to one brand, but I just never got around to them. Out of curiosity though, why isn't the Ninja PDGA approved?

The rim is too wide

I'd throw a Warrior since it seems faster than my Roc.
Faster it gets there the less chance to smack trees.

Lol

Faster discs are tougher to control. A true tunnel hole does not require a power shot but a nice flat straight control shot with good glide.

True I could power a more stable roc right down the middle but with power you lose some control.

warrior only cuz thats the distance i get with one and its the only gateway mid i have thrown i have heard good things about the element but i don't feel like trying another mid out im working on narrowing down the 6 molds i have in the bag now
or i might throw a wizard and then just take the tough 2 or definite easy 3

Lol

Faster discs are tougher to control. A true tunnel hole does not require a power shot but a nice flat straight control shot with good glide.

True I could power a more stable roc right down the middle but with power you lose some control.

I didn't mean it 'that' waaaaaaay.:p

I just meant with a nice easy throw with little snap, my Warrior just seems to go farther with the same amount of effort as my Rocs. I'm not throwing it 300', just 275' thru a 10 foot wide hallway.

Your "current" bag in your sig states you neither throw Warriors or rocs.

You must be confused lol

Not confused at all.

I used to throw Rocs for I dunno, about 10-15 years so I know what those feel like. I just got a Warrior and am to figure out if I want more of them or if Gateway makes something better that I can compare to my Wasps(now) and Rocs(then).