• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Poll: Do you drive with anything other than a driver?

Who?

• Yes

Votes: 166 97.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters

dlognittam

Bogey Member
HEY GUYS! Man it's been a hot summer, I'm sure everyone has a rockin' tan by now. This is definitely the best sport in the world, I can't believe it's not a bigger thing. Does anyone here take their wife :gross::gross::gross::gross::gross: out to play? It's like going to an auction. My question is do you drive with anything other than a driver?

Not so hot here in Michigan, been a nice cool summer actually. I golf with my wife all the time. Been married for nearly thirty years and finding passions we can share, is great. That said, having a wife who has enough common sense to understand function over fashion and buys into the "no bad weather, just bad gear" theory, sure make the whole thing easier.
I drive with all discs, there are times where you need to shot to a landing area, instead of ripping the longest drive you can. The terrain, ceiling, fairway width, polehole landing area and elevation can all come into play when deciding to throw a driver, mid or putter.

I have a rule, from the flippest putter to all the way to my most OS utility disc, if I can't drive with it, it doesn't go in my bag.

Does anyone here take their wife :gross::gross::gross::gross::gross: out to play? It's like going to an auction.

What a terrible and rude generalization against women disc golfers. I love playing with my wife and I know lots of great disc golf wives.

I felt so silly as a newbie when I realized I could throw my Buzzz off the tee. Made a number of holes way easier. I haven't started driving with a putter, but I hear it makes for good practice.

Depends on the hole. downhill 300-350ft hole can easily be reached with a putter. 50ft elevated 250-300ft hole? Probably my longest flippiest driver.

Disc golf is weird like that. Sometimes for the same 280ft hyzer line you can throw a putter, midrange, fairway driver, and even a big distance driver depending on what kind of line you want.

I felt so silly as a newbie when I realized I could throw my Buzzz off the tee. Made a number of holes way easier. I haven't started driving with a putter, but I hear it makes for good practice.

Yes, all discs from the bag come out off the tee. depends on the line, wind, landing area, etc. why throw a driver when a putter will go 200' easy and not go whizzing past?

My girlfirend recently quit her job so when ive been playing with her recently. Shes improving alot but it takes such a LOOOOONG time to play a round. And i have to retrieve her disc for her all the time because of the spiders and tree branches. But i still love playing with her.

I throw my putter off the tee 150 and in
mid 150-230ish
driver 230ish and out.

HEY GUYS! Man it's been a hot summer, I'm sure everyone has a rockin' tan by now. This is definitely the best sport in the world, I can't believe it's not a bigger thing. Does anyone here take their wife :gross::gross::gross::gross::gross: out to play? It's like going to an auction. My question is do you drive with anything other than a driver?

Yes, I drive every disc in my bag. This also includes driving your mother, Dorothy Dlognittam, out to delicious seafood dinners only to never call her back

I'ts been fairly mellow thus far here, which means that aug and sept are going to be miserable. I drive with a Clutch, Ghosts, Rivals, Patriots, Mongi :p, SLs, Firebird, Outlaws.

I drive with a putter or mid every chance I get. Far more precise and easy to control.

If you're NOT driving with putters and mids, it means you're probably pretty new to the sport, and just haven't discovered it yet.

Drivers never come out of the bag until about 350' or a shot that needs a big hyzer. My Envy or Ion only rounds usually wind up within 1 stroke of my full bag rounds at the local courses. It's fun to see guys at doubles pull out their Destroyers and try to rip on a hole and then stare at me in disbelief when the Watermelon parks it.

What a terrible and rude generalization against women disc golfers. I love playing with my wife and I know lots of great disc golf wives.
Unfortunately, she would say the same thing about me inviting myself to the auctions. :wall::wall:

WOW

Yes, I drive every disc in my bag. This also includes driving your mother, Dorothy Dlognittam, out to delicious seafood dinners only to never call her back
4ozfcbA.jpg
(She's also dead.)

I drive with a putter or mid every chance I get. Far more precise and easy to control.

If you're NOT driving with putters and mids, it means you're probably pretty new to the sport, and just haven't discovered it yet.

These type of posts have me convinced that there might actually be a God. Thanks for all your help guys! :clap:

Prodigy Fanboy here; PA1s and Wizards off the pad are pretty common for me. As well as M1s and M4s depending on the shot I need.

Also, I play about 2-5 rounds per week with my girlfriend. She started at the end of last season and is already posting pars to +2-3 quite often. I'm very happy with her improvement. She drives about 200', but, her approaches are MAGNIFICENT! She parks anything from about 150' out at the base of the pin and can nail 30' putts all day. Her short game is great. It actually pushes me several times per round to keep the hole.

Cheers.

Unfortunately, she would say the same thing about me inviting myself to the auctions. :wall::wall:

I can only assume that your wife goes to auctions as a hobby, whereas you go disc golfing as a hobby, and you both dislike the other's hobby. From your original post, this was far from self evident, at least to me. It appeared as though you had some sort of strange aversion to wives, and also to auctions, but I didn't see the connection.

I definitely throw putters off of the tee - just not my putting putters. It took me 2(?) years to put a mid in my bag because I thought putters and fairways could be used to do all that mids do.

It all depends on the hole. I'd rather throw a mid range straight 300 ft than throw a driver 400 ft with a good chance of it going into the rough. Of course my mids can still find the rough.... but you get the idea lol.

sajhggnjb2whjteyyqvi.jpg

Driving with Putters and Mids is $$$$, Yo!

AND... I also Like playing rounds with my Wife. I think she plays more to support me and do something that I Love doing together, but I am stoked she takes the time to play with me. Disc Golf, I mean....

I only use putters.....otherwise the game is just too easy for me

Latest posts