• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Popular discs you just don’t like

comet seems to be at the top of the list for a lot of people, probably because of it's unique hand feel. I wouldn't call it a popular disc though.

It's always been the roc for me. I've hated them forever and will continue to do so. I think it's a great disc but I cannot throw it to save my life. Now that I can't deal with beaded discs it's even worse. Thankfully there are so many great beadless mids.

In a close second would be the Beast. Since the Beast-L became the standard I think it's a pile of garbage and it's easily still one of the most popular molds in sales (greatly influenced by it's inclusion in the starter sets I'm sure).

I agree. I loved the Beast X, but I hate the Beast L. They don't feel like remotely the same disc. Beast L is weird and clunky.

Still wildly popular. I find them all over the place. I also dislike the SL. For the same reasons. Weird feel and not a very good flight.

Where do you come up with this stuff? I throw a bunch of trilogy stuff and you can't tell the difference between opto, vip and lucid. It's the same stuff all made in Sweden.

The Dynamic Disc plastic feels like a translucent Z that gets the fingerprints and as the grip issues due to a wax that some Discraft/DGA premium plastic get where as both Westside and Latitude 64 get a good translucent Z type feel in both the stiff and more flex runs, not the messed up opaque Z. I was feeling a friends discs too see how close an Emac Truth was to a Buzz and then feeling a Giant or World as well as a XXX and yes the discs are differnet from the same plastic as if Dynamic Disc Gets a less quality version of the plastic. Of course this was plastic from when Dynamic Disc was having trouble keeping its discs stocked in the warehouse, before they made the bigger warehouse they use today.

The Dynamic Disc plastic feels like a translucent Z that gets the fingerprints and as the grip issues due to a wax that some Discraft/DGA premium plastic get where as both Westside and Latitude 64 get a good translucent Z type feel in both the stiff and more flex runs, not the messed up opaque Z. I was feeling a friends discs too see how close an Emac Truth was to a Buzz and then feeling a Giant or World as well as a XXX and yes the discs are differnet from the same plastic as if Dynamic Disc Gets a less quality version of the plastic. Of course this was plastic from when Dynamic Disc was having trouble keeping its discs stocked in the warehouse, before they made the bigger warehouse they use today.

The blends are not different between Trilogy. There will be variation from run to run but the plastics are not meant to be different, it's not intentional. They aren't "lower quality" variants.

I've personally seen many different versions of VIP come out over the years when I threw Swords.

You're just completely wrong on this. And you have no facts to back it up as usual. Your personal preference does not mean there is some hidden truth to the differences that exist. They are just natural variation and your making them into something that doesn't exist.

Oh and opaque Z was the BEST plastic discraft ever put out alongside the pearly runs from 2005-2007. First run buzzz....

Anyway I'm not attacking your opinion about the Z, you can prefer another run, that's fine we can disagree.

I was feeling a friends discs too see how close an Emac Truth was to a Buzz and then feeling a Giant or World as well as a XXX and yes the discs are differnet from the same plastic as if Dynamic Disc Gets a less quality version

So you've held an Emac Truth, Giant and XXX once in your life and determined that the Truth was molded with an inferior plastic?

Well, I can't find any flaws in that logic.

I tend to like discs that others hate, rather than the other way around. That being said:

Eagle - people around these here parts love 'em, but I've never had any luck with 'em.

Aviar P&A - another one that is popular but I never saw why...

Wizard - I don't hate it, but i never clicked with it, and it wasn't for a lack of trying. Just too brickish, i.e. not glidey enough for me.

Firebird, Destroyer - people love 'em and they sell out the wazoo, but they don't work well for me because of their overstability.

Obvious noodle arm is obvious.

I am not surprised by the ROC being on here a bunch, I get that.

The Aviar does a bit, at least for those who can't use the 3 types Big Bead, Aviar P&A or Classic Grid for a driving putter. I can do driving putter with P&A and Classic Grid preferring Classic Grid though there are a bunch of other putters/slow putter shaped midrange that do this driving putter job way better then an Aviar can as average to deep rim putters to me tend to be slow for a driving putter.

I know having tried a DX P&A for a driving putter before my dad made the disc feel floppier then special run Soft putters by leaving his disc in his car during the summer.

Last edited:

Latest posts