• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Portage Lakes State Park — Akron, OH

It's IN !!!!

I've been keeping an eye on this thread. I just read that you guys got the course in! Congrats!!.....and EAT IT "insanegoonrules"/"reality hurts"! Go enjoy the hard work of REAL DG'ers.

It's IN !!!!

I've been keeping an eye on this thread. I just read that you guys got the course in! Congrats!!.....and EAT IT "insanegoonrules"/"reality hurts"! Go enjoy the hard work of REAL DG'ers.

To incourage more volenteers and to recognize the tireless volenteers that have already sacrificed so much to get this DGc to these playable conditions. I came up with a bag tag that will only be given to the people who have donated 50 man hours or more on this beautiful DGC at Portage Lakes. Now granted this bag tag isn't much, but it what it represents will make it special for thoose who will sport it on their bag.

I wish I had enough $$ to pay people to work at this DGc and to get it in the playable manner in which we invisioned from the get go. BUT WE DON'T. It's all volenteering. And with the warmer weather here I realize that we'll get fewer volenteers as most everyone is busy with they're own lives. But IMHO, if your a serious DGer (meaning you play a couple times a week and have more than a couple discs) you should be giving back some of the love that you recieve from playing DG. yes I realize that most everyone pays taxes and this is a state park. But DISC GOLF and it's courses are only as good as what the area's disc golfers choose to volenteer and do. With that said we need more people volenteering in ALL the area DGc's so others will enjoy and spread the great word of this game that we all love to play. But they're are others that just reap the benifits of the few that should be ashamed of what they haven't given back to this great game.
We're so close, but so far away in getting this DGC going. We just need some more man/ or woman hours.

ANY VOLENTEERS??

PS. for those who do give back to your local DGc's, Thanks. it's better to give than to recieve. And i'm sure your all proud of all your efforts as I am of my peers that do give back.

Last edited:

Latest posts