• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a cool disc golf photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I look at it the stick is in and you are on the stick with out touching water you should be in. The only rule that is blocking it would be the Vertically rule.

Well I look at it the stick is in and you are on the stick with out touching water you should be in. The only rule that is blocking it would be the Vertically rule.

lol, if your disc is out based on one rule, it is out on the others as well. You can't pick and choose which rules you are going to use.

Last edited:
On the other side of the coin an uncool Disc Golf Pic...

picture.php

The pin is back in the red circle. On the good side of the coin I was able to skip my shot off the white car in the back right of the pic and made it a little closer to the pin than I usually do.

Ha! Did you really hit the car? My buddy hit a truck that was parked near the blue trash can in this pic ( ya, he sucks). Its Cascade Twp. Park, such a terrible design on a few holes. If a soccer and/or baseball game is on, you're screwed. Or maybe its the cars that are screwed!

4bd80fee.jpg

lol, if your disc is out based on one rule, it is out on the others as well. You can't pick and choose which rules you are going to use.

I was taught if your disc was touching in bounds then you were in. Since the disc was touching the stick and not the water then it was in.

I was taught if your disc was touching in bounds then you were in. Since the disc was touching the stick and not the water then it was in.

Apologies to your teacher but I do believe they were incorrect. This might be a good side thread to create so Chuck and check it out and give a definite answer. I'll let you handle the creating of the thread :thmbup:.

But when you throw from this lie, YOU would be OB. And to my understanding that equals a two stroke penalty. I'll have to chech further on it. Cause right now I'm hitting the four post'r

But when you throw from this lie, YOU would be OB. And to my understanding that equals a two stroke penalty. I'll have to chech further on it. Cause right now I'm hitting the four post'r

You get a meter of relief.

OB

no two stroke penalty

803.08 Disc Above Or Below the Playing Surface:
A. If a disc comes to rest above the playing surface in a tree or other obstacle on the course, its lie shall be marked on the playing surface directly below it. If the point directly below the disc above the playing surface is an out-of-bounds area, the disc shall be declared out-of-bounds and marked and penalized in accordance with 803.09. If the playing surface directly below the disc is inside a tree or other solid obstacle, the lie shall be marked on the line of play immediately behind the tree or other solid obstacle. The director may designate a one throw penalty for discs that come to rest two meters or higher above the playing surface. The director may declare the two meter rule to be in effect for the entire course, or just for individual obstacles.

Anytime I've played a hole with a downed tree I've loved the challenge. Always a chance to slide under it too.

Adds a little extra danger to the hole I kind of like it with the tree down :D. Looks like if you want to park it you have to make sure you fly over the fallen log.

One of the trees in Hickory next to the creek on hole 5 (kinda close to the tee-pad) feel into the creek. No where near where a shot would go. but really cool to look at cause it was a big tree. Dunno if they gonna move it out or not. They moved the tree that fell down in between 3 and 4. Dont think u ever saw that one.

Yeah, there are definitely some challenging holes at Riverside.

Hole 18 at Johnson Park:
226507_993578892980_20915411_45739191_443432_n.jpg

Here is a shot from below looking up towards 18:
222816_993866835940_20915411_45742160_7286619_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.