• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post a NOT cool disc golf photo

This was an Omega SS earlier today before the round started . Now it's course decoration!

b1r5lEyl.jpg

Nice. And you carved it up because....what? You're a Texan with a Bowie knife? :\

I watched a loon destroy a $1500 mt. bike because he crashed on it and thought it let him down. The funniest part was knowing he was 3 miles from any trailhead.:D

Last edited:
Naw. Guy on our card had thrown his putter hard against a tree and realized a couple holes later that his prized putter had cracked right through the rim and into the flight plate. I heard him talking about it, and on the next box i turn around to see him wrenching the disc apart by hand. Gave us all a good laugh! :D

I sometimes wonder if people really are oblivious or just selfish c@ckS. This is one of many one of many reasons why I hate bird watchers specifically. Note the arrow indicating said bird watching jerk in the background and the circle showing where the basket is located. Naturally, I threw over his car with a thumber. The look of concern on his face was priceless.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 595
Looks like a Firebird-to-the-front-passenger-door kinda shot to me. :|

I sometimes wonder if people really are oblivious or just selfish c@ckS. This is one of many one of many reasons why I hate bird watchers specifically. Note the arrow indicating said bird watching jerk in the background and the circle showing where the basket is located. Naturally, I threw over his car with a thumber. The look of concern on his face was priceless.

Had a similar situation; the soccer moms/dads parked a brand new RangeRover literally 10 inches from our basket on #18. My drive was about 70 ft short and I debated what to do. There was a cop nearby (he said he couldn't ticket the bloke as it wasn't his jurisdiction, it was the park rangers) but I asked him if I was liable if I hit the RangeRover; he said no as it was illegally parked. So I went back and was going to run the heck at the SUV. I unleashed a shot, that would have gone 100 ft past the basket, right at the door. Alas, i missed and found nothing but chains. A dent in that SUV's door would have felt better than the deuce!

Had a similar situation; the soccer moms/dads parked a brand new RangeRover literally 10 inches from our basket on #18. My drive was about 70 ft short and I debated what to do. There was a cop nearby (he said he couldn't ticket the bloke as it wasn't his jurisdiction, it was the park rangers) but I asked him if I was liable if I hit the RangeRover; he said no as it was illegally parked. So I went back and was going to run the heck at the SUV. I unleashed a shot, that would have gone 100 ft past the basket, right at the door. Alas, i missed and found nothing but chains. A dent in that SUV's door would have felt better than the deuce!

$100s of dollars in damage for parking like a dick? Yeah. That's a great way to convince towns and people to let us build more courses.
Also, that would still be a crime because it would be intentional.

Why is this ever a question? You don't throw at people and you don't throw at people's property. You only throw discs at baskets, and only if no one is in the way. Otherwise you're just making us all look like assh0les.

Last edited:
out of 46 pages, I only read two stories and had to stop. I hate when people intrude on the course, but I'm not about to be a dick and give anyone a reason to pull the course. y'all should just go to the next hole and/or explain to the ignorant people what they're doing wrong. if you don't say anything, they'll keep getting in your way.

I do/did. Spoiler alert: It turns out that people still don't care. There are signs at my local courses that caution park goers of the dangerous areas where flying discs are present and people still picnic on the fairways and next to baskets. I'm not saying I try and hit people, but sometimes the best deterrent is to warn them then play like they aren't there and let them judge if they've picked a good spot or not. If you're constantly skipping holes you've practically already lost the course.

I do/did. Spoiler alert: It turns out that people still don't care. There are signs at my local courses that caution park goers of the dangerous areas where flying discs are present and people still picnic on the fairways and next to baskets. I'm not saying I try and hit people, but sometimes the best deterrent is to warn them then play like they aren't there and let them judge if they've picked a good spot or not. If you're constantly skipping holes you've practically already lost the course.
And so you throw toward people on the course to additionally "warn" them of the danger? :thmbdown:

Even less cool considering this is an exclusively disc golf part of the park and it was roped off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 515
I will walk all the way up the fairway and politely ask them to let us play through. I've had two instances where people were just a$$holes about it, so we threw over them.

"Shared Park" works both ways. Usually people are polite and enjoy watching us throw.

And so you throw toward people on the course to additionally "warn" them of the danger? :thmbdown:

It's an imperfect solution in an imperfect world. I go through a mental flow chart before choosing that route, but I'm certainly not going skip holes if I can help it. To say nothing and skip a hole only further encourages "fairway settlers". :thmbup:

Agreed. Lifes so short that it doesn't really matter if make a good impression or not. Besides if you hit a stupid person, who cares? There's plenty more.

Wow Tom, how disappointing. As the builder and person in charge of maitenance at Winget, wow. What a terrible attitude ESPECIALLY at a course that has a history of poor disc golf influences interacting with park and school users. We are LUCKY enough to be granted some land. A passive agressive cowardly action, to what end? Dont you know that Soccer trumps disc golf. Perhaps you should take some time to rethink your actions and re-evaluate your attitude. I lost some respect for you after reading that post.