• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post Your Disc Golf Injury Pics :thmbup:

Definitely not the winner after seeing that finger... But I'll post it anyway. Posted it in a different thread, but this was me after taking a drive to the face.

173786_g.jpg

Holy **** dude! what type of disc was it, how did you manage to get in front of it, and where did this happen?!?!?

And by the way, as crazy as the missing finger is, this is NOT A DISC GOLF DIRECTLY RELATED INJURY!!! It happened hopping a fence, which could have happened on any random fence hopping. No disrespect, that's hardcore. But I'm looking for injuries that could have only occurred from Disc Golfing. Not injuries like twisted knees, ankles, shoulders (unless it happened while throwing) etc. I know a lot of injuries occur on DG courses that could occurred on most hiking trails, or anywhere. I want to see only DG specific injuries, like KDDEBOER's drive to the face... lol. Ik moet je vragen, spreek je nederlands?

Wow that finger is going to be tough to beat...

But, I once slipped while driving on hole #5 and this is what happened...

bloody-skeleton.jpg

That's what happened. I quit wearing my ring after seeing this pic. My wife isn't thrilled, but I'll stay loyal to her without my ring.

I most often take mine off while exercising, for fear I'll lose it as much as anything. Now I have an extra reason!

We have a winner....

I gotta ask, what happened to the leftovers?

I am a dentist and I pull teeth and see blood all day. I saw hundreds of gruesome trauma slides in dental school. I dug around in a cadaver for 3 months during dental school. The picture of that finger turned my stomach. That is the most horrifying thing I have ever seen.

Below is the worst injury ever. McLeod had this happen to him when he was climbing a fence to get a disc. His quote when asked if he has a bionic finger now... "Nope, that hand's on permanent Shocker mode now."

Bone-1.jpg

Did he get the disc?

Holy **** dude! what type of disc was it, how did you manage to get in front of it, and where did this happen?!?!?

Happened at a fairly small course, a lot of the holes run perpendicular to each other with mando's added to try and keep you on the right fairway. I was driving off of 8 as another individual was driving off of 7. Needless to say, he missed his mando. I released my drive and was watching the flight as I heard "Fore!" just in time to turn my neck and catch it right on the bridge of the nose.

A few days later I was still pulling small chunks of cartilage out of the stitches as I cleaned them.

In hindsight, I really wish I had asked him for the driver he hit me with. Didn't think of that right away from some reason though...

Below is the worst injury ever. McLeod had this happen to him when he was climbing a fence to get a disc. His quote when asked if he has a bionic finger now... "Nope, that hand's on permanent Shocker mode now."

Actually, this injury happened to me at work, not on the course. So I'm disqualified from the contest. Not sure what the original thread topic was exactly, but I guess it was assumed I was at a course. When I get back from vacation I'll have to post some post-surgery pics. Mmmm...

That's what happened. I quit wearing my ring after seeing this pic. My wife isn't thrilled, but I'll stay loyal to her without my ring.

Just wear it on a chain around your neck. That's what my dad and a lot of his coworkers used to do at the plant he used to work at.

And by the way, as crazy as the missing finger is, this is NOT A DISC GOLF DIRECTLY RELATED INJURY!!! It happened hopping a fence, which could have happened on any random fence hopping. No disrespect, that's hardcore. But I'm looking for injuries that could have only occurred from Disc Golfing. Not injuries like twisted knees, ankles, shoulders (unless it happened while throwing) etc. I know a lot of injuries occur on DG courses that could occurred on most hiking trails, or anywhere. I want to see only DG specific injuries, like KDDEBOER's drive to the face... lol. Ik moet je vragen, spreek je nederlands?

my leg broke on the follow through of my shot

Actually, this injury happened to me at work, not on the course. So I'm disqualified from the contest. Not sure what the original thread topic was exactly, but I guess it was assumed I was at a course. When I get back from vacation I'll have to post some post-surgery pics. Mmmm...

We definitely need the whole story. If it was climbing a fence to retrieve a disc at work, I say you're still in.

But, having endured that photo a number of times now, I'd love to hear the whole story.

And, I hope you're doing well... hopefully even with the finger!

After that finger pic, i hardly think my injury was as bad as it initially felt..........

Trying to negotiate the log bridge between hole 4 & 5(@ the now extinct Woodstock course) my foot slipped off and under the log. My momentun carried me forward toward a fall so I tightened my leg muscles for the save and felt a "pop". Needless to say, i only played 4 holes that day and it took 40 minutes to hobble back to the car.

85433_g.jpg

Post surgery. You can see some bone poking out through the skin graft.
SSPX0024.jpg

Post 2nd surgery.
SSPX0026.jpg

The remains.
Finger2.jpg

So this happened at work. No discs were involved. I was trying to get into a secured area of the warehouse, and instead of getting the supervisor I figured I could climb some shelves and drop over the other side of the 10' fence. I made it over easily and just had to let go of the fence to drop over, but my wedding ring got caught at the top as I let go. The ring was silver so it crimped under the skin and stripped it off the bone as I fell. It took the first knuckle with it and my tendon for that finger snapped at the elbow and recoiled through my forearm and stayed with the dismembered finger. I instantly went into shock and didn't feel any pain, just disbelief that that really happened in a split second. Nobody was around at the time, so I had to scale the fence one handed to retrieve my finger. I ran to the CFO's office and told him to take me to the ER. Had no insurance, but got lucky that my job took care of the 20k medical bill. They couldn't reattach the whole finger because it was ripped off and not cleanly cut off. They grafted on as much skin as they could, but it didn't take, so I had to have a second surgery that took it down to just one knuckle. This all happened in '07, so I'm completely healed and not bothered my it at all. Luckily I'm not left handed so the only thing it affects is how I type S,X, & W. Now my wedding ring is tattooed on. No more rings for me.

Bumping a very old thread, and pulling a few posts together to clarify the fact that:
This gruesome finger injury was NOT at all disc related.

Bone-1.jpg

Post surgery. You can see some bone poking out through the skin graft.
SSPX0024.jpg

Post 2nd surgery.
SSPX0026.jpg

The remains.
Finger2.jpg

So this happened at work. No discs were involved. I was trying to get into a secured area of the warehouse, and instead of getting the supervisor I figured I could climb some shelves and drop over the other side of the 10' fence. I made it over easily and just had to let go of the fence to drop over, but my wedding ring got caught at the top as I let go. The ring was silver so it crimped under the skin and stripped it off the bone as I fell. It took the first knuckle with it and my tendon for that finger snapped at the elbow and recoiled through my forearm and stayed with the dismembered finger. I instantly went into shock and didn't feel any pain, just disbelief that that really happened in a split second. Nobody was around at the time, so I had to scale the fence one handed to retrieve my finger. I ran to the CFO's office and told him to take me to the ER. Had no insurance, but got lucky that my job took care of the 20k medical bill. They couldn't reattach the whole finger because it was ripped off and not cleanly cut off. They grafted on as much skin as they could, but it didn't take, so I had to have a second surgery that took it down to just one knuckle. This all happened in '07, so I'm completely healed and not bothered my it at all. Luckily I'm not left handed so the only thing it affects is how I type S,X, & W. Now my wedding ring is tattooed on. No more rings for me.

That said, some folks have had some pretty bad discing injuries.