• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post your most recent plastic purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
with molds, you can easily take away material from the mold, but you cannot add material. This makes it so you can only make embossments on the discs with mold re-tooling.

Maybe I don't quite understand you, but what they did has added more material to the disc, the tooling sticks out which is covered by all the X's which stick out even more.

Maybe I don't quite understand you, but what they did has added more material to the disc, the tooling sticks out which is covered by all the X's which stick out even more.

Exactly. They were able to add more material to the disc by removing it from the metal mold. Material can only be removed from a mold and not filled in. Since the writing was already cut out of the molds steel, it could not be just "erased". It had to be "XXX" 'ed out or blocked out. It was their solution, not mine, but if it were mine, i'd have just made a new bottom mold.

Oh, Ok i get it now. I thought they couldn't add new material to the disc (the mold) rather than the metal mold itself. Yep, you make perfect sense now lol.

IMG00117-20110724-0012.jpg

Beast Innova , Champion , 2x World Champion Barry Schultz , 172 , Yellow 1
Firebird Innova , Champion , Standard , 175 , Pink 1
Rhyno Innova , R-Pro , Standard , 175 , Blue 2
Sidewinder Innova , Star , Standard , 175 , Red 1
Buzzz Discraft , Elite-Z , Standard , 174 , Yellow 1
Magnet (Soft) Discraft , Pro-D , Standard , 172 , Lt. Blue 2
Wizard (Medium) Gateway , S-Series , Standard , 174 , White 2

:hfive:

115091_g.jpg

First disc I've gotten in like a month, just a trade from a buddy who worked at Innova West for a few years.

Test run Roc+ from the 2010 USDGC's. This one turned out super duper gummy.

2x 150g Pro Pigs. If I like them there are two more I could purchase, effectively purchasing the last of the Pro Pigs I could find any where.

dx gazelle for bag rotation
trying out some swedish plastic, picked up:
GL Havoc (SOOO PRETTY)
GL River
can't wait to give them a toss

1 Medium Wizard
1 SSS Wizard
2 backstamp DX Rocs
8X KC Roc
1 2008 Super Roc with Autographs of the $$ playes at the 2008 Worlds
1 KC Roc Big freeze stamp
1 Football Stamp Roc

DX Big Bead Aviars

picture.php

I've been wanting some for a couple months now and finally found a good source. You can probably guess where I got them.

Status
Not open for further replies.