• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

I would love to try a lone howl, if I could find one that isn't grass/mud swirl colored. But I'm skeptical from holding them that they are the ticket. Too flat to have decent glide.

Somehow the older PD's had the combination of straight flight, and high glide for distance potential.

I would love to try a lone howl, if I could find one that isn't grass/mud swirl colored. But I'm skeptical from holding them that they are the ticket. Too flat to have decent glide.

Somehow the older PD's had the combination of straight flight, and high glide for distance potential.

that older combo of stability and distance it was amazing

Does nobody season discs anymore?

Newer overstable PD's would need to be beaten into oblivion to fly anywhere near the old ones. They are mostly interchangeable with Firebirds for me. My beaten-in 3rd run CPD is a thing of beauty. But it was never anywhere near as overstable as the current runs.

Plus I don't get to play as much as I used to. It could realistically take me 2-3 years to really change the flight of a champion or star disc, only playing a couple times per week. Although, it would be faster if I had more wooded courses close to home. Gotta slam those PD's into lots of trees.

Newer overstable PD's would need to be beaten into oblivion to fly anywhere near the old ones. They are mostly interchangeable with Firebirds for me. My beaten-in 3rd run CPD is a thing of beauty. But it was never anywhere near as overstable as the current runs.

Plus I don't get to play as much as I used to. It could realistically take me 2-3 years to really change the flight of a champion or star disc, only playing a couple times per week. Although, it would be faster if I had more wooded courses close to home. Gotta slam those PD's into lots of trees.

The newer run SPD's I have are nearly identical to a seasoned FB. With the stiffer plastic I anticipate a lot of beating is required to knock any stability out of it. I did pick up a GPD that I need some more time with to see if it's close to my penned SPD's.

Sounds like you need to start buying used. Let someone else put in the work on the freshies.

Anyone have the old S or C line PD's that were Disc Golf Review stamped? Those are easily my favorite version of PD. Break in to a very nice hyzer flip disc that has crazy glide. I actually took all of my Destroyers/Boss' out of my bag and just use these PD's for my max distance shots.

Last edited:
Anyone have the old S or C line PD's that were Disc Golf Review stamped? Those are easily my favorite version of PD. Break in to a very nice hyzer flip disc that has crazy glide. I actually took all of my Destroyers/Boss' out of my bag and just use these PD's for my max distance shots.

Those are, as far as I know, part of the fabled "shield stamp" run. Pretty sure that was the second S-Line run. Great run for sure.

The C-Lines from that run were all CFRs.

Sounds like you need to start buying used. Let someone else put in the work on the freshies.

If I ever lose a go-to that's probably what I'll do. In the meantime I've got a handful of options that would be decent stand-ins. A relatively fresh Roaming Thunder CD2 is actually a good drop-in replacement for a seasoned PD.

Or.... I'll just buy a couple more PD's, and an Anax, and a few OLF's, and....

is there any reason to throw pd over thb

or are we splitting hairs with their differences

Yes

No

But seriously, they are more alike than they are different. They both use the Firebird bottom, and they're both "longer Teebirds." I throw the PD because for me it is longer and has a straighter flight. My caveat is that the runs that I throw (current bag cycle attached below) are not what people buying new would find. I have no idea what run those S-Lines are, but they are from about 2012, are flat, glidey, and break in SO well...

Attachments

• PDs.jpg
    PDs.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 71
Those are, as far as I know, part of the fabled "shield stamp" run. Pretty sure that was the second S-Line run. Great run for sure.
I have one of those, has patent numbers and is the longest PD I have.
Yes
But seriously, they are more alike than they are different. They both use the Firebird bottom, and they're both "longer Teebirds." I throw the PD because for me it is longer and has a straighter flight. My caveat is that the runs that I throw (current bag cycle attached below) are not what people buying new would find. I have no idea what run those S-Lines are, but they are from about 2012, are flat, glidey, and break in SO well...
And I have one of those. Used bins are my friend.

The biggest difference for me was when they slowed down. ThBs act more like TBs in the sense that when they slow down, they stop and dump left. The PD will continue to fight forward as it slows, and no matter how they land, they always find a way to skip forward instead of left. I never seasoned a ThB enough to see how they season so I can't speak to that.

Yes

No

Oh baby I have one of those big d in the desert PD's too, in maroon. It's my go to beef cake for hyzer bombs/spike hyzers. Pancake flat. Only one I've got though so I can't lose it.

I also have a Jesse Heinonen signature S-PD which I'm told is pretty sought after, that thing has broken in beautifully.

Has anybody tried the "freak" stamp PD's that just came out? Are they super over stable? Are they on a new run yet?

I'm running really low on penned PD's.

Last edited:
I only got 4 throws with the 171g freak stamp today. It is more stable than my lightly seasoned dark maul. No where near as straight as I was hoping for.

Has anybody tried the "freak" stamp PD's that just came out? Are they super over stable? Are they on a new run yet?

I'm running really low on penned PD's.

They TRICKED us by saying they were less stable... same as current mold... meat hook until broke in...

Latest posts