• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Power Driver Freak PEEDEE Thread

PDs have a bit more teebird in them, whereas Starfires have a bit more firebird in them. the difference shows in the last third of the flight. Starfires are dumpy, and PDs are more penetrating.

Agreed.

PDs penetrate and glide better. Long straight flight, ending in a fade or a smooth long hyzer. Maybe slightly faster?? Starfire's begin to fade earlier and has less glide.

In addition, S-PDs come in weights as light as 150g, I don't believe Star Starfire's do. In my opinion, P-Line plastic is much more durable than Pro as well, yet has similar flight characteristics.

Does anyone else feel like the PD is in the same realm as the Eagle, Tbird, etc. as being one of the best discs? Even though it is a newer disc in comparison to Eagles, Tbirds, etc, I think the PD should be considered a "classic."

It is a versatile disc that can handle wind and isn't too beefy where it is a lawn dart. It's a great disc. I think it should be the benchmark for new companies getting into the manufacturing side of disc golf.

i would say that you are preaching to the choir. dont worry i was the same way somewhere in the depths of the thread

i would say that you are preaching to the choir. dont worry i was the same way somewhere in the depths of the thread

I realize that it is such a great disc the more I throw it. I've thrown other discs that are newer and they don't really compare to the PD in terms of all the roles that the PD fills.

I've noticed some 3-rd run C-PDs finally coming through Discgolfcenter. If you call and you're nice, maybe Wade or Amanda will look through the box and make sure you're getting a 3rd run with the non-plus rim. The ones I could tell that were the non-plus, newer run were all 172g-175g and only had a slight dome. Saw some nice blues and a beautiful purple.

Thanks for the heads up :hfive:, this thing is a beauty. Has the same dome, PLH, and flight of both of my shield stamp S-PDs.

q3AijzA.jpg

bxt57fB.jpg

^^ herd those things are crazy beefy... bump for PD love :thmbup:

Thats kind of what Im hoping for. Ive got a new spd and a beat ppd (thanks to letting a friend try it and him throwing a giant hyzer that landed on the road through the park :wall:) so Im hoping these will be the overstable compliment to those two. Im hoping they are workable though and not like throwing a cinder block.

I have one of those, 172g with rainbow stamp. Bit of a dissappointment, really. Not as HSS as C-lines, and somehow this seems to lack glide. It just stops going and plops down earlier than my other PDs. The beefy C-PDs I have are not very long either, but thats because of their stability, and that stability is there also in the high speed portion of the flight. With this particular glow PD, it may turn some into a headwind, but then also get tired of being in the air and fade early.

Cant really describe it better than that. This is the only glow PD individual Ive tried, so theres that.

Well after playing some with my glow pd last night compared to my spd and ppd ive come to the conclusion that its definitely more beefy...but not in a bad way. It was exactly what I was looking for so far. My spd has just a slight amount of turn when thrown flat, maybe -0.5 but then fades back very predictably. My ppd has 0 turn with a forward fade at the end. The new glow cpd when thrown flat flies straight, and when it slows down it starts a forward fade then finally dumps hard to the left the last little bit. Based off the few throws I made with each (5-10) the glow cpd was MAYBE 5-10 feet shorter than my spd and ppd. I didnt have much wind last night, so I couldnt really tell how they performed under those conditions. Hopefully it will be a little more windy tonight as there is an open hole right next to a big field that always has a good headwind/ R to L wind even when there is just a gentle breeze elsewhere.

Has anyone tossed a 150ish S-line? I throw 350 normally and max around 375ft, wondering how they would fly for me. I have a 167 & 168 S-line that I can throw with some anny to have them turn a bit before fading back. Hoping the 150s will do the same but give some more distance. Found a few online that are 157 & 158g and was thinking about picking them up.

Thanks,

CC

i have a 159 s line that is cfr flat but a high plh and there is no difference in flight between it and my 160 s FB

did my first disc dye on a PD last night

Attachments

• 0803130400.jpg
    0803130400.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 55
Well I lost my well seasoned beat in s line the other day. :( Saw 90% of its flight and it disappeared. It had been in my bag for ~2 years. I looked for 2+hrs that night and 1.5hrs early yesterday.

Now I have to break in a new s line which could take awhile

I've ordered some 150s from the factory store that showed up fairly gummy and flat out crushed...not super overstable out of the box. I also ordered some from dgv and they were a blood red really stiff (especially for 150) star plastic, super flat with a high plh. The only pds I've thrown more overstable than those were cfrs.

I've ordered some 150s from the factory store that showed up fairly gummy and flat out crushed...not super overstable out of the box. I also ordered some from dgv and they were a blood red really stiff (especially for 150) star plastic, super flat with a high plh. The only pds I've thrown more overstable than those were cfrs.

Thanks for the info, DGC has a couple in the upper 150s so I may call and see how they are.

By the way, I got the one I purchased from your CFR run...they are sweet. I have an older S-Line that is the same weight which is much stiffer while yours are gummy. Luvin the gummy-ness of this recent run. Something I did notice between the two was that my older one has patent numbers while the new one doesn't, does anyone know the difference in the two if there is one? Seems like I remember reading a post in this thread that broke down the runs of C-Line but can't recall seeing anything on S-line.

Thanks for the info, DGC has a couple in the upper 150s so I may call and see how they are.

By the way, I got the one I purchased from your CFR run...they are sweet. I have an older S-Line that is the same weight which is much stiffer while yours are gummy. Luvin the gummy-ness of this recent run. Something I did notice between the two was that my older one has patent numbers while the new one doesn't, does anyone know the difference in the two if there is one? Seems like I remember reading a post in this thread that broke down the runs of C-Line but can't recall seeing anything on S-line.

The patent tooled ones are older. The patent for the beveled edge disc expired, and everyone had to remove it from their molds. All newer run PDs are missing the patent tooling.

Latest posts