• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pozzy's Putting Game

Sorry for putting this in 2 threads, but I figure it could be helpful when someone just stumbles upon one of threads in the future.

Here is that great putting diagram made into 30 smaller versions that can print on one sheet. You can find whatever uses you want, but I think I will use it with the Pozzy Putting Game and write in the distance of the missed putt. If you did this enough times, I think you could chart these in excel and you might see if your miss positions change as your distance changes. Should be real interesting. :cool:

picture.php

Hey that is great that you found that! I may have to start playing it that way. It is probably easier to sore the misses. All I know, is that the pressure on the long comeback putts will make you feel like you are trying for par on each throw. I love the pressure practice.

Thanks again brother for finding that! :cool:

Thank you, Donovan, for bringing this game to our attention. It is a great way to practice. I played two rounds today using the rules from the link I posted. I scored -200 and then -102 (in 15 mph wind gusts). I had never practiced 40 and 50 footers and could not believe how difficult they are. I nailed three 40 footers and one 50 footer.

The thing that will keep most people from trying this game is the fact that most people don't have 10 putters. I had to borrow a couple of ultralights from the kids and my wife's 181 champion aero to get up to 10. That combined with the wind is why my scores are so terrible ;););).

Thank you, Donovan, for bringing this game to our attention. It is a great way to practice. I played two rounds today using the rules from the link I posted. I scored -200 and then -102 (in 15 mph wind gusts). I had never practiced 40 and 50 footers and could not believe how difficult they are. I nailed three 40 footers and one 50 footer.

The thing that will keep most people from trying this game is the fact that most people don't have 10 putters. I had to borrow a couple of ultralights from the kids and my wife's 181 champion aero to get up to 10. That combined with the wind is why my scores are so terrible ;););).

Oh bro! Just use 5 or however many you have and take your time. It is better for your game if you do not stand in the exact same spot for each of the 10 putts. I think it is much better for you to step away and go through your pre-shot routine for each putt anyway. Just leave the furthest out miss or use a mini to mark it and keep going. :cool:

I must admit the more you use very like putters or at least close, the more you will gain confidence in your putting. If you are jsut fillingin 10 discs and they are not similar at all, that is not going to really help you with your putter when putting.

It would be cool if there was a way we could track everybody's scores on here and kind of make it a competition between us on here. I just remembered this game and brought it to my bro-in-law's attention. This past sunday when we played a round, he missed a 7'er, and when I tossed him his disc and told him to try again he missed again, and a third time, and a fourth time. The thing was he never missed consistently one way or another. I told him he should try doing this game when we get home. He just started playing in August, but there is no excuse for missing those 7'ers.

I made an excel sheet that calculates the score as well as having the rules and a score sheet that you can print out. I am not sure how we could put it on this site. I could possibly add it to Olorin's Disc Golf Resources and link it here maybe. Any thoughts?

I made an excel sheet that calculates the score as well as having the rules and a score sheet that you can print out. I am not sure how we could put it on this site. I could possibly add it to Olorin's Disc Golf Resources and link it here maybe. Any thoughts?

Or if Olorin doesn't want to host it, save it at Mediafire, and then link to that.

Link to Pozzy's Excel spread sheet.

I decided to host it on my old homepage.

Notice the 2 tabs at the bottom:
Calculate - this one has the rules and the calculator on top.
Score Sheet - For prining score sheets to take with you.

Both are printable if you choose.

Variation

First of all, I use a DGA Mach Lite and it is wonderful. What I do is I set up my basket with 8 markers behind the basket starting out at 10' back and 5' increments in between. I have 5 discs and I start at the first marker and need to sink all 5 to move back. For every initial putt I miss, I have to move up one marker and repeat the sink all 5 process to continue. If you miss more than the markers you are back, just go back to the starting one. It is very aggravating but it works. I'll start by struggling with 15'-20' and by the end those are gimme shots. Hope this helps.

Not bad. I think I'm going to make up my own putting game and play in the back alley half in the garage.

I'll probably do 8 discs, because its all i have and also because the basket i have will get kinda full and probably block the other shots...so maybe 6 or even 5 shots

My wife wants to work on putting so I'm thinking of revising this to this rule set to keep things simple and make a putting routine quick and fairly fun:

4 putters (working on getting her 4 of the same putter)

10' - 4 points lost for each miss, 4 points for making all putts
15' - 2 points a hit, play from longest miss - lose a point for each miss from 2nd putt
20' - 4 points a hit, play from longest miss - lose a point for each miss from 2nd putt
25' - 6 points a hit, play from longest miss - lose a point for each miss from 2nd putt

first person to 50 points wins

Rewards missing small and avoiding 3 putts, avoids the "strange shot" mentality that 21 gives us locally (ie "ok throw backwards on both knees over that tree on an anhyzer")

Obviously not a single person game, the pressure here is caused by the other person playing and the race to 50 points.

any thoughts on this?

Neither me nor my wife are pros by any means so the only "give me" putts are the 10'

Latest posts