• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Premium plastic putters

Especially in Trilogy plastic, the differences are:
Grip
Dome
Durability

Grip and durability are the obvious ones as others have already mentioned. But dome is important to me too, and Trilogy baseline plastics all come out much flatter when compared to their premium plastics. My 'least replaceable disc' is a Lucid-X Judge, not because it flies with a unique stability (it really flies the same as a fresh baseline Judge), but because it's the only premium Judge I've ever seen without a giant bubbly dome. My L-X Judge feels in the hand like a Classic or Prime Judge but in a premium plastic, whereas a domey Fuzion or Lucid Judge feels like a completely different mold to me. To me that's a big deal, but a lot of people are OK with that.

100% Agree with this assessment on dome. I can never figure out why premium putters usually turn out more domey, but I am not a fan of it. Does anybody have any insight on this? Something with the molding process cause more dome on premiums? I have particularly noticed it on Lat64 Pures, and Gateway premium plastic.

100% Agree with this assessment on dome. I can never figure out why premium putters usually turn out more domey, but I am not a fan of it. Does anybody have any insight on this? Something with the molding process cause more dome on premiums? I have particularly noticed it on Lat64 Pures, and Gateway premium plastic.

Not all brands have dome on the premium putters, I can think of a few like Z FLX from Discraft is not and often is concave in specific not already small dome models they make in Z FLX. Then the Magnet, well Titanic in Prostyle oop the 4 good mold up discs (not the mistake disc) I have mold is not domed, well maybe micro domed but none of the problems that the Avair have being almost DX Areo top, the Challenger or other 99% flat toped putter discs might have. Shark a slow putter shaped midrange also has this problem in oop Star and in G-Star where the mold is more domed and then acts like a mild OS putter for some people.

If you can find Metal Flake Champion Putters from Innova those might be flatter topped due to for some reason discs being made in Metal Flake being more OS.

I throw two X soft Roaches and one Big Z Roach, the big Z almost feels like a different mold because of the popped up shoulder and top and it is way more stable. Gotta agree with previous posts that premium plastics from certain manufacturers definitely seem to cure with a fatter profile/more dome.

Someone direct me to a gently turning premium putter please. If in doubt, err toward more turn.

I play woods holes that are so short that a hard thrown mid is just too much disc, and I do not forehand often.

You want a DD Deputy. That turns when thrown flat, and not really turn over, but glide toward turn. An MVP Spin also fills this role. I go back and forth on which I bag.

Someone direct me to a gently turning premium putter please. If in doubt, err toward more turn.

I play woods holes that are so short that a hard thrown mid is just too much disc, and I do not forehand often.

This is a midrange recommendation, but is one of the best truly understable discs I've ever thrown... Proline Tremor by DGA. HIGHLY recommend for dead strait low power shots, effortless hyzerflips and turnovers. I can throw it like 50 feet in the air on a hyzer and still have it turn over for me.

For a putter, I recommend a Wedge.

The only time I use premium putters is when I know the landing will be hard and rocky. My local course is extremely rocky and will eat baseline plastic for lunch. I prefer the grip and glide of baseline. Premium putters are good enough to get the job done and have a place in my bag.

Axiom Proxy or MVP Spin. Spin has more turn, Proxy will get more as you use it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk