• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy D5

D5

Just threw my new green 174 D5 and it wasnt flippy at all. Flew more like my D3. Of course I have a new D4 thats super flippy?????? I throw on average about 350 on a nice smooth throw if it helps any.

I'm in the process of filming a D series comparison video. I'm going to put together a few clips of them while I keep filming for the full video. I'll show the D5 in it, and maybe even do a D5 vs Groove video ;)

I bought 2 of the pink fundraiser discs to try out. Are the experiences with that run at least similar to eachother?

How fast are the D series from Prodigy?

I definitely need something faster than the fairway drivers.

I can handle a Lat 64 Flow and a Dynamic Discs Renegade (to just over 310) but the Trespass is too much for me right now. Would I be able to handle a D3 or D5?

They are all around speed 12. The D4 or 5 would be your best bet at that D, but they will still possibly be a bit much.

I can handle a Lat 64 Flow and a Dynamic Discs Renegade (to just over 310) but the Trespass is too much for me right now. Would I be able to handle a D3 or D5?
The rim on the D4 felt, to me,a good bit bigger than the discs above. Especially the Flow and Renegade.

Threw a 172g Proto D5 and I'm very underwhelmed. Lacks glide and for something that understable that's just a cardinal sin in my book. If you want to use it as a distance disc I wouldn't throw it unless you have less than 400' power. If you have over that it's best used as a turnover disc but I've thrown better options for that as well. It just drops out of the sky the second it tries to come back out of its turn. I don't even like how it rolled, always seemed to flip up to fast.

Mine flew nice. Decent ount of turn, some fade, and tons of glide. Still getting it dialed in but it feels solid so far.

I'd agree with the surprising lack of glide. Don't get me wrong, it went, but as New mentioned when it started to lose speed it died like a ton of bricks. D4 is much more functional for me and covers more lines with more glide.

If you think this thing has glide you should go throw a star tern which is a similar disc that just blows this thing out of the water in distance and consistency.

I threw a Starlite Tern against it but it had much less stability and the shallow rim did not work for my forehand.

Mine flew nice. Decent ount of turn, some fade, and tons of glide. Still getting it dialed in but it feels solid so far.

Same here.
I loved the D4 from day 1, but I've had big issues with finding proper D4's. My first D4 (Proto) was quite understable (as I expected given the marketing and flight descriptions), but of the other 4 D4's I've ever had a chance to throw, they've ranged from overstable to ridculously overstable, more like what I would expect out D2's or D1's.
That said, the D5 I got is actually quite understable. In fact, I have found it flies virtually identical to my proper D4 back when it was brand new, both in flight path and distance.

My Proto D4 was exactly what I expected, but the newer ones feel like they've been tweaked to be more overstable. They are still understable, but hss/lss was more like -2.5/2 compared to my proto which felt more like -3.5/1 Just rough numbers out of my rear mind you.

The D5 is nice though. I'm still getting a feel for it but tonight or tomorrow I might upload my first few test throws with it.