• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy driver for the noodle arm

I'm in the same boat as you it seems. I'm going to stick with Mids and Fairway drivers, for the most part, until I throw them ~300 and 350 respectively. OK, I am playing with speed 10-11 discs now and then, but only ones I'm throwing accurately.

I tried a Hurricane, and I'm definitely not ready for that - yet. It doesn't fly any farther than my Vision.

Last edited:
Right now, the driver divider looks like:

Esp Avenger/Q-Scorpios/Ch. and Star Tern/Wildcat/Blizz Destroyer/Ch. Mamba.

That explains why your discs seem so magical/don't OAT themselves to death. Throw something slow, like a Leopard, and you'll see that your other discs aren't "magical". They're just fast enough to fight through your form flaws.

That explains why your discs seem so magical/don't OAT themselves to death. Throw something slow, like a Leopard, and you'll see that your other discs aren't "magical". They're just fast enough to fight through your form flaws.

:lol: You have no idea. Have you actually read any of this or just in the mood to attack? I have a leopard(have had a few) love it. Great for what it is. BTW, that divider goes: Tracker/Amp/Leopard/Sentinel/Buzzz/Meteor.

If those others are fast enough, why is this D4 doing what it's doing? Why do I not have trouble with a Nuke SS or the mamba I carry?

It's rare to see someone go out of their way to be an ass, especially when they can't know what they are talking about. Good troll sir! :thmbup:

I did hear about some that were odd shapes, like oval shaped, never saw one or a pic, one of those my friends friends friend had one kind of thing on the board. I do know that some were overweight, but I don't think that would affect your distance....maybe you did get a bad one... who knows

@PMantle Some of the FR D4's have been known to have some excess flashing that affects the stability of the disc and makes them fly more OS than advertised. I took mine to some concrete for about 5 minutes, just rubbing it around in a circular motion and it now flies as it should. Mind you, this is not outer rim flashing, but instead the bottom of the rim. Just put it flat on the ground and go to town.

@PMantle Some of the FR D4's have been known to have some excess flashing that affects the stability of the disc and makes them fly more OS than advertised. I took mine to some concrete for about 5 minutes, just rubbing it around in a circular motion and it now flies as it should. Mind you, this is not outer rim flashing, but instead the bottom of the rim. Just put it flat on the ground and go to town.

Interesting. I may have to try that. The D4s I have (three, one I gave my brother in law) are overstable when they're supposed to be the opposite. They're Protos. I may try to grind them down, because at this point they've sat on the shelf since the two times we took them out, and I've not bought any more Prodigy discs given how poorly those seem to have turned out.

I still won't buy more for quite awhile but at least I might get something out of those.

i got a proto d3 and that thing was stupid overstable for my 350' arm. i ended up giving it away. i would be interested in trying their fairway drivers, i really like the plastic.

i got a proto d3 and that thing was stupid overstable for my 350' arm. i ended up giving it away. i would be interested in trying their fairway drivers, i really like the plastic.

So do I Im thinking their fairways should be money. I think they may be a ways off though, the pros don't even have any yet....

I'd wait for the fairways. The D4 is understable, sure, but also pretty fast. You'd get more control out of a stable fairway i'd imagine.

FWIW My D4's flip really hard in the 400-475' range, can't comment on shorter shots.

Yes, mine had a huge amount. I also did the concrete thing. May try tuning it to more stable(over) as it's currently about as understable as my Mamba, but not as long.

Prodigy drivers I do not like get a tern easy distance. Prodigy mids n putters awesome though.

See I've avoided the Tern too because I think its way too fast for me....I think the Valk is plenty fast enough for me, especially now....

Im not the biggest arm but the D4 is a great disc im getting more distance from these than any of my previous discs. But i would recommend getting the d3, i love this disc, it will flip up and hold its line and then it will skip another 20 - 30 feet. But that is just my opinion and how its been for me. There mid ranges are amazing and as are the putters ive completely removed all my other discs to change over to the prodigy line. and keeping some of my first runs pristine hopefully in a few years they will be worth some money haha

Im not the biggest arm but the D4 is a great disc im getting more distance from these than any of my previous discs. But i would recommend getting the d3, i love this disc, it will flip up and hold its line and then it will skip another 20 - 30 feet. But that is just my opinion and how its been for me. There mid ranges are amazing and as are the putters ive completely removed all my other discs to change over to the prodigy line. and keeping some of my first runs pristine hopefully in a few years they will be worth some money haha

I like their mids too. I have some M3s and an M4. Im sure their putters are great but I like my Wizards too much right now to kick them out of the bag. I tried that with MVPs and was disappointed with the whole premium plastic putter concept. I suppose I could try one as a driving putter, but I don't do that a whole lot anyway, so its a low priority....

As for the money thing...who knows, but I can't see them being worth a ton of money, I mean sure they MAY appreciate a little but, I can't see it being a ton...

Latest posts