• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy M3 Impressions

meh.

1 newb: "hey will, what did you just throw?"
Will Schusterick: "an M2"
1000 newbs buy M2s

Except 914 of those newbs don't even know who will is lol.
Most new players aren't buying plastic online either.
So they are mostly buying from local retailers carrying
either innova or discraft exclusively. Buying discs based on
the cool dye or the biggest rim.

I'm thinking after they release the first four discs of each disc
type they will start a different naming system for any other
discs, with the first four in each category being their "core"
discs/flight patterns

i'm curious how the white plastic feels verses the other colors. what do you guys think?

I have thrown the pink, white, & blue M3 - pink & yellow M4 -Red & yellow M1
the white is more opaque, but it is just as sticky as the proto drivers or other color mids. The biggest variance i saw was in the Red M1. some are almost orange/red and much more translucent. i thought the opaque red M1s felt better.

Last edited:
I've thrown two M3's and they flew a little different. The pink test disc I threw was less stable and flew like a longer buzzz to me. The dark blue one that I bought flies more stable like a roc with less glide than the pink one. I was getting the pink one out past 300' and the dark blue one I get about 270-280'. Not sure if the pink one was just that much more beat in or if the blue one is just that much more stable.

The M3 is what i assumed the vector would be when it came out. Similar to a Fr vector but not current run. Havent thrown a current run, so maybe thats a bit off but IIRC the fr were more OS.

I love the M1...I used to loathe overstable mid-ranges. The Roc was about as OS as I could handle for a mid. But the M1 is just amazing. There is one hole on my local course, 248 feet in distance, and I parked it five times in a row, in five different rounds, with the M1. It definetly "dumps out" at the end of the flight, which can be really handy.

My buddy geofflaw got a white M3 and I think I might just love it MORE than the M1. My first throw with it, I thought it was just a Buzzz in cooler plastic, but after several more throws I realize it's actually quite different. Almost like a Buzzz OS, but not quite as beefy as Discraft would likely make said imaginary disc. I did manage to get some turn out of it, but that was unintentional and was 100% because of my ever-nagging OAT problems. It's honestly like an M1 that doesn't dump out as hard at the end (for me and Geoff at least). Even thrown into a rather strong headwind, it rode straight with a bit of fade at the end.

I think, and this might be me, the elevation I live at or variance in discs, that the M1 has quite a bit more glide. It beats the M3 on low, straight lines. However, the M3 was much easier for me to get a true turnover shot with. The M1 just fights you the whole way. Has anyone else had this experience betwixt the two?

Overall, I'm much, much more impressed with Prodigy's mid-range line-up than I am with their distance drivers. The D4 is a good disc, but the D1's I had were just too much beef for my short little arms and legs. The M1 and M3(M2?) are definetly keepers.

Mike do you have any Fuses left in your stack? Could you make a picture comparing the M3 to the Fuse?

I just got am M3, I figured Im not a power thrower and the M1 was the closes to under stable they had. I figured for me right now the M1 is too OS. I threw it a couple times and I really like it.

x-outs

I added an X-Out M3 to my last Marshall Street order to try one out on the cheap. I was expecting an imperfect stamp or something, but in fact, it arrived today and it looks pristine. It just has an "X" sharpied on the rim. Anyone know what's up with these?

I added an X-Out M3 to my last Marshall Street order to try one out on the cheap. I was expecting an imperfect stamp or something, but in fact, it arrived today and it looks pristine. It just has an "X" sharpied on the rim. Anyone know what's up with these?

Just picked up aan X-Out M3 and X-Out D4 at GGGT over lunch today, and I agree that they both look fantastic. I can't wait to get out and throw these today.

OK, just got back from Kaposia and the M3 is going to give my R-Pro Roc + a run for its money in my bag.

You throw it and it just doesn't want to give up the line forEVER. Tons of glide.

On a side note, the D4 is a meat hook for this noodle arm. :wall:

OK, just got back from Kaposia and the M3 is going to give my R-Pro Roc + a run for its money in my bag.

You throw it and it just doesn't want to give up the line forEVER. Tons of glide.

On a side note, the D4 is a meat hook for this noodle arm. :wall:

It's not just you, my D4 is stable and I don't conisider me and my friends noodle arms haha you just got a stable one like a lot of us. And I agree the M3 is giving my rocs a good run. I'll don't think I'll ever replace my rocs because I can cover so many more shots. Power shots 300+ it's been so nice! Nice straight flight with a nice fade. It's been 20 feet farther then my roc3. Powered down its workable but stable. The M1 has been really nice too!

It's not just you, my D4 is stable and I don't conisider me and my friends noodle arms haha you just got a stable one like a lot of us. And I agree the M3 is giving my rocs a good run. I'll don't think I'll ever replace my rocs because I can cover so many more shots. Power shots 300+ it's been so nice! Nice straight flight with a nice fade. It's been 20 feet farther then my roc3. Powered down its workable but stable. The M1 has been really nice too!

Agreed about it not totally replacing the Roc. Way too versatile of a disc for me to get rid of altogther.

My Zombee now lives in my storage bag, though. :D

How does the m3 compare to a roc3 stability wise? Is is more overstable or understable? More stable means nothing to me so don't say it ( is that straighter or more os?)

How does the m3 compare to a roc3 stability wise? Is is more overstable or understable? More stable means nothing to me so don't say it ( is that straighter or more os?)

Mine has a tad more HSS and just a bit more fade. Both fly similar lines, but the main difference I see is the M3 likes to fade out and probably out fly the Roc3 by 20 feet or so on a good rip

The "more stable" thing drives me a little nuts, too.

The M3 (proto) I have feels a lot more understable than the roc3 to me.

Here are the specs from inbounds Disc Golf.

Granted, the roc is the 4/4/0/3 roc and not the 5/4/0/3 roc3. Similar stats for comparison purposes, though.

Last edited:
Bought a couple M3s from Ricky this weekend (and proceeded to throw a ton of fun plastic with him) and these things are pretty stable for me. Also pretty fast for a mid. I was trying it out as a fairway driver vs a midrange really, and thats probably the spot where it will stay. So far I like it. It's a nice mid/fairway disc for me in the 370-380ft range. My only complaint is that they could glide a little better.

The "more stable" thing drives me a little nuts, too.

The M3 (proto) I have feels a lot more understable than the roc3 to me.

Here are the specs from inbounds Disc Golf.

Granted, the roc is the 4/4/0/3 roc and not the 5/4/0/3 roc3. Similar stats for comparison purposes, though.

Not exactly. The Roc is an average of all Roc molds, such as the Roc+, Roc3, Rancho, Sanny, Ontario, etc., (and includes both the mold variations you mentioned) just summarized as "Roc".

I don't get it b/c people use it for both straighter and more OS on here all the time.

Latest posts