• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy PA3

Great, I'm sorta new to prodigy and just bought their backpack and wanted some discs to go with it

No Prodigy backpack yet, but i've acquired enough Prodigy discs to make a bag.
PA-4 (300s), PA-4 (400s), M5 (300s), M4 (400g), M3 (400g), F3 (400s), H4 (750), D4 (400s), D5 (400g). I don't use the M5 much anymore, and I don't like the D5, but the others do well for me when I take them to the course for a quick, fun "all-Prodigy" round. Let us know how you like your new discs...

Great, I'm sorta new to prodigy and just bought their backpack and wanted some discs to go with it

I own every disc they make and am a full-on, teeth-bearing, heart-drenched fan boi! :D If you like the gummy Star type feel, 400G is where it's at. If you like something similar to the "Champy Star" that some of the Innova Pro Shop and Discmania store sells, I freakin' adore the 750 plastic! It's a little more firm, but buttery smooth and tougher than cast iron!

Some highlight discs for me:
D3: Every bit of a Destroyer's flight with a bit more glide. Find a domey 400s for an flexing Destroyer flight with extra glide or a flat top for an straight line-drive with strong hyzer finish.
F2: One of my favorites. Great carry, can easily push 350' and beyond. Very good control, dead nuts straight, but fights wind and will bite down in the finish.
F5: In my opinion, the best fairway ever. 750 plastic is firm with amazing grip, flat as a board, has great ability to shape any line you want, but still stable enough not to flip over and burn on you. This is my go-to in the woods.
M1 (2013 mold): I ONLY carry the 2013 mold in 400s plastic. The 2015 re-tool was meant to make it more overstable - and did so decently - but killed it's glide and the reasons I love this mold. The 2013 mold in 400s plastic takes about 10-15 rounds of heavy use in wooded courses to beat in, but once it does, it is an absolute thing of BEAUTY! Straight as an arrow, holds a flat line for days, can fight some moderate wind, and will always settle down with a Champ Roc3 type fade. Nothing super OS, (that's what I carry a Verdict for) but you definitely get the hook at the end. This is my most thrown (non putter) disc!
M4: 750 plastic only. Crazy glide for a mid, follows any freaking angle and holds it to the ground, tougher than Rocky Balboa, and will settle to the ground with a gentle, dead straight finish every time. It's like this disc doesn't know what fade is. Absolutely a life-saver for me for turnover shots as my forehand is weak!
A3: Their new comer. Very unique disc. A tweener between a putter and a mid, but it's exactly what I think the M1 was meant to be. I love the M1, but it's really not an overstable offering. The A3 is quite OS, but not unusable like the A1 was. The A1 was just a brick for short utility. The A3 has more carry than their putters, but will crush any wind and bite down hard when it slows. Very unique and fun disc.

You'll soon see the putters, which I think is actually their strongest and most consistent category. If not for Reptilian, I wouldn't putt or go off the tee with any putters but the PA1/PA3 combo. I loved the PA4 for super straight putts, but the PA3 can cover the same slot with more options of other lines and it's better in the wind. The PA4 does not like wind.

I'l stop my fan boi rant here, but I hope you dig 'em and we can convert you away from the DGCR Prodigy haters. ;)

Last edited:
I own every disc they make and am a full-on, teeth-bearing, heart-drenched fan boi! :D If you like the gummy Star type feel, 400G is where it's at. If you like something similar to the "Champy Star" that some of the Innova Pro Shop and Discmania store sells, I freakin' adore the 750 plastic! It's a little more firm, but buttery smooth and tougher than cast iron!

Some highlight discs for me:
D3: Every bit of a Destroyer's flight with a bit more glide. Find a domey 400s for an flexing Destroyer flight with extra glide or a flat top for an straight line-drive with strong hyzer finish.
F2: One of my favorites. Great carry, can easily push 350' and beyond. Very good control, dead nuts straight, but fights wind and will bite down in the finish.
F5: In my opinion, the best fairway ever. 750 plastic is firm with amazing grip, flat as a board, has great ability to shape any line you want, but still stable enough not to flip over and burn on you. This is my go-to in the woods.
M1 (2013 mold): I ONLY carry the 2013 mold in 400s plastic. The 2015 re-tool was meant to make it more overstable - and did so decently - but killed it's glide and the reasons I love this mold. The 2013 mold in 400s plastic takes about 10-15 rounds of heavy use in wooded courses to beat in, but once it does, it is an absolute thing of BEAUTY! Straight as an arrow, holds a flat line for days, can fight some moderate wind, and will always settle down with a Champ Roc3 type fade. Nothing super OS, (that's what I carry a Verdict for) but you definitely get the hook at the end. This is my most thrown (non putter) disc!
M4: 750 plastic only. Crazy glide for a mid, follows any freaking angle and holds it to the ground, tougher than Rocky Balboa, and will settle to the ground with a gentle, dead straight finish every time. It's like this disc doesn't know what fade is. Absolutely a life-saver for me for turnover shots as my forehand is weak!
A3: Their new comer. Very unique disc. A tweener between a putter and a mid, but it's exactly what I think the M1 was meant to be. I love the M1, but it's really not an overstable offering. The A3 is quite OS, but not unusable like the A1 was. The A1 was just a brick for short utility. The A3 has more carry than their putters, but will crush any wind and bite down hard when it slows. Very unique and fun disc.

You'll soon see the putters, which I think is actually their strongest and most consistent category. If not for Reptilian, I wouldn't putt or go off the tee with any putters but the PA1/PA3 combo. I loved the PA4 for super straight putts, but the PA3 can cover the same slot with more options of other lines and it's better in the wind. The PA4 does not like wind.

I'l stop my fan boi rant here, but I hope you dig 'em and we can convert you away from the DGCR Prodigy haters. ;)
:clap:

Trying out some Prodigy for the first time. M2, M4, and PA3. All in 400G. The PA3 will be a thrower, fade and headwind. Should get to throw them all in a few days.

Is the bead on the Pa3 rounded on the bottom or is it flattened? I would really like to see an up close picture of the bead on this putter if someone could be so kind.

Is the bead on the Pa3 rounded on the bottom or is it flattened? I would really like to see an up close picture of the bead on this putter if someone could be so kind.

its rounded, not flattened

This is a moderately used 400S Glow PA3. There is some dirt in the bottom pop-out of the bead, but it is quite rounded, not flat at all. (best view in the last picture)

2VreqKd.jpg

WBBD2s5.jpg

lpEMrh2.jpg

This is a moderately used 400S Glow PA3. There is some dirt in the bottom pop-out of the bead, but it is quite rounded, not flat at all. (best view in the last picture)

2VreqKd.jpg

WBBD2s5.jpg

lpEMrh2.jpg

Thank you Reniger. :hfive:

I've always found beaded discs uncomfortable in the past. I just love the idea of a more stable Pa4 and that is what the Pa3 looks like. I need that flat edge for my index finger to sit on. Love my Pa4's but it can get shaky in strong winds.

Nice to read the Renigers post. Having Prodigy only bag now at least two years...probably longer. Unfortunately no PA3 there, as this is the thread ;) .. If I can comment about discs and runs You mentioned - D3 I like specially First Runs. M1 only the early yellow proto is the M1 it should be. F3 and F5 I found to be very similar, when beaten in a bit - having both in my bag. M4 I like 400G..I have 750 also, but it hasnt made to my bag. Disc I like much are m2 protos, H2 750 and of course D1 - once again first production stamp red ones are super sweet and special.

Nice to read the Renigers post. Having Prodigy only bag now at least two years...probably longer. Unfortunately no PA3 there, as this is the thread ;) .. If I can comment about discs and runs You mentioned - D3 I like specially First Runs. M1 only the early yellow proto is the M1 it should be. F3 and F5 I found to be very similar, when beaten in a bit - having both in my bag. M4 I like 400G..I have 750 also, but it hasnt made to my bag. Disc I like much are m2 protos, H2 750 and of course D1 - once again first production stamp red ones are super sweet and special.

I swore by 750 M4s for quite a while... until I picked up an X-Out 400G puddle top... My GOD that thing is crazy good. Perfect for my turnover understable mid, but feels SOOOO good for forehands with the puddle top...

I would highly recommend trying a PA3 in 350G for putting and Glow for driving, though. 350G is amazing cold weather/grippy plastic and the Glow has an awesome late fade that other plastics don't have in this mold. Great pair of discs for most situations under 250'.

Sorry to bump a rather old thread now, I really like the PA3 as a disc but was wondering what it is closest to as far as shape/flight characteristics in the other big disc manufacturers lineups? The smallish bead is nice, really flat and they've got quite a blunt 'nose'.

Sorry to bump a rather old thread now, I really like the PA3 as a disc but was wondering what it is closest to as far as shape/flight characteristics in the other big disc manufacturers lineups? The smallish bead is nice, really flat and they've got quite a blunt 'nose'.

I'm not sure whose nose is as squared-off as the Pa3 and Pa4. The K3 Reko's nose is more rounded than the Pa3, but I always thought they felt (and fly) very similar. My main putter is the Marshal, but if it wasn't then the Pa3 and Reko would be fighting to be my main putter. All really good molds.

I'm not sure whose nose is as squared-off as the Pa3 and Pa4. The K3 Reko's nose is more rounded than the Pa3, but I always thought they felt (and fly) very similar. My main putter is the Marshal, but if it wasn't then the Pa3 and Reko would be fighting to be my main putter. All really good molds.

Thanks SD. Might give them a try, just really like the almost squared off nose :)

I've never seen a dome on a PA3. Seen some puddle tops though.

I'd say its comfortable to throw fh, but really if you can fh an avair, you can fh this. If the bead bothers you, the PA2 is beadless so you could always check that out too.

Comfortable FH?

I've never seen a dome on a PA3. Seen some puddle tops though.

I'd say its comfortable to throw fh, but really if you can fh an avair, you can fh this. If the bead bothers you, the PA2 is beadless so you could always check that out too.

I haven't tried to FH a Pa3. The Pa4 is also beadless, so there's something there to like...

I'm comfortable throwing FH with a bead...I just want to try a lower profile beaded putter that can both be my main putter and also comfortable on BOTH BH/FH approaches.

Latest posts