• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Production Champion Roc 3

No disrespect Wake, but, i dont see the logic in this. I understand the let down it caused, but not the outrage and mis placed blame.

No disrespect taken. I have no anger but I do assign blame. I blame both innova and GGGT for my not getting my protostar Roc 3's i pre-ordered. GGGT took a risk pre-selling (just like every other retailer did, but i only bought from GGGT) and got burned. Innova provided the mis-information to GGGT. So both are to blame(i do put more on GGGT since they didn't have to presale). The owner of GGGT called me, offered quite a few solutions to try to make me happy, so i respect that. His attitude on the phone is what will cause me to continue to use them in the future if they have what i'm looking for.

Pre-sales are a risky proposition for all involved. I know I will not participate in a presale at ANY retailer again after this fiasco. I could have bought a proto star from different places, but didn't since i had already bought 2 from GGGT. So i missed out on a disc i wanted, and by the time i found out I wouldn't get one from them, the prices had sky rocketed to stupid.

Anyone saying the retailer isn't to blame is a pretty weak argument in my eyes. They chose to do a pre-sale, they weren't forced to do that. If they had only waited until their shipment came, posted what they got and sold it, there would be no one talking about this. I still wouldn't have gotten one(i suck at timing those things), but at least that way there would be no "blame game" They aren't the only ones to blame, but they could have prevented ANY blame.

DTWorld is bringing a booth to an event this weekend. I will let you guys know what I see in what they bring. It is usually quite a haul so I imagine I will be able to scour some.

Crap these came out domey!! Man I was hoping innova got these out flat, I was also hoping these would be the disc that pushes innova into a direction of caring about consistency. Thank god I have stacks of innova I throw. Nothing good comes from them anymore.

Crap these came out domey!! Man I was hoping innova got these out flat, I was also hoping these would be the disc that pushes innova into a direction of caring about consistency. Thank god I have stacks of innova I throw. Nothing good comes from them anymore.

Haha, guys, they did all you BB and proto hoarders a favor. Theyll retain theyre value for another few months :)

@Wake

I see what youre saying. I wuppose there is a minute amount of responsibility in this from the retailers, i still hesitate to 'blame' any of them. Theyre out there to meet a demand and make money, theyre forever at the mercy of a manufacturer in this regard. They (not specifically Gggt, but any of them) were only doin their job, and tryin to make money. I dont ever recall a disc as anticipated as the rc3, and i dont recall ever hearing anything majorly negative about pre orders of other discs, recent mvp releases come to mind. If mvp said to DN, you can have 'x' number this week, and 'x' number next week and so on, due to the demand and mvp wanting to be fair to all their retailers. Then they just stopped giving you the option to buy more, even after you sold more based off of what they told you. And also refused to at least get you even by sending you what you sold before they cut you off. Id have a hard time blaming DN.

There is a reason you havent seen Zam/Zj, Solomon T, UPS or whoever else is affiliated with a shop in here contributing. Its because theyd have to essentially publically trash Innova for putting them in a bind, and theyre not gonna do that.

Basically the "old guard" of disc golf manufacturers aren't as open to business practices that are good for everyone. Real good example is announcing a disc release date but not shipping to retailers until that date. That stuff puts us in a bind when retailers are having to fight to get a disc launched online before anyone else gets it. Usually with this way of releasing a disc, the closest retailer to the manufacturer is the winner

Last edited:

all good points. I guess it boils down to I had a predisposition about pre-sales (always felt this type of situation would occur)....then this happened...now i am even more ingrained against pre-sales...but moving on. (already said i'll still buy from GGGT. if i felt they screwed me on purpose, i would not) And now I am done thread derailing :)

"ROC3 Innova Champion fundraising disc can be ordered with registration ($20 each), will ship ASAP.
Innova Champion Glow ROC3
Innova Champion Metal Flake ROC3"

As per HB Tennesee Disc Golf Championchips June 8-9

Very interesting

It's funny how people get mad at Innova when they don't get exactly what they want at the dirt cheapest prices. That joke is making a huge profit.

don't care about the price. them being domey is what pisses me off.

So they release a new Roc that is basically a Wasp, flat topped, more stable and feels good in your hand. They get everyone frothing at the mouth about it and then they release the regular run Domey?! WTF is wrong with these guys? I mean seriously they only reason I ever got one is because it was flat toppped. Oh well back to my Z Wasps FFF... UUU....... CCC..... KKKK.... YOU INNOVA.