• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Prometheus

Yours is in the mail. We put a mix if light and heavy in for you from 189-172 gram I believe.

Excellent . . . that is a good range of weights to see how they differently they fly.

Thank you.

I can go ahead and say I would never buy one of these discs. Every time I try to read a review there is always somebody close to this company commenting in a way that cancels out any negative feedback. These reviews are pretty tainted by over-promotion.

Step off. Let people speak their minds without having to weigh and measure their opinion every time. Save that for the discs.

Overall I liked the flight, in that it penetrated well and went decently far, but it was nothing amazing. Will never make the bag, unless the lite weight ones go further with the same flight. It is more of a novelty disc than anything else. Pretty much every shot that I put up with it, I already had something that will do what it did better. Ill keep wathcing the company but so far it is nothing impressive, just another over hyped disc that didnt live up to the hype.

I think what he meant by this was originally the disc was hyped to be a "distance driver that flew like a midrange", and "technologically more advanced than the hippy discs" (my inference based on some quotes) or something to that effect, but it doesnt do anything special that any other disc he has cant do. Now while it is probably a solid disc, and is usable by many people, especially once the lower weights come out, its a novelty for him because its nothing more than a bigger diameter disc that covers shots that his "normal" size discs already do. At least thats how I read it.

I can go ahead and say I would never buy one of these discs. Every time I try to read a review there is always somebody close to this company commenting in a way that cancels out any negative feedback. These reviews are pretty tainted by over-promotion.

Step off. Let people speak their minds without having to weigh and measure their opinion every time. Save that for the discs.

I agree with you completely here, but its kinda like when you have kids, and someone says something not positive about your kids. How would you react to that.

I think what he meant by this was originally the disc was hyped to be a "distance driver that flew like a midrange", and "technologically more advanced than the hippy discs" (my inference based on some quotes) or something to that effect, but it doesnt do anything special that any other disc he has cant do. Now while it is probably a solid disc, and is usable by many people, especially once the lower weights come out, its a novelty for him because its nothing more than a bigger diameter disc that covers shots that his "normal" size discs already do. At least thats how I read it.

You got it. The only difference I really say was that it had a slower flight with the same if not a little less distance than a boss or a destroyer, so that means if has more glide. So there might be some potential for big distance if I can get the disc up to a faster speed. But right now there is no reason to keep throwing it when I can throw my bosses and destoyers further and I am use to the size and feel of the disc.

I agree with you completely here, but its kinda like when you have kids, and someone says something not positive about your kids. How would you react to that.

You got it. The only difference I really say was that it had a slower flight with the same if not a little less distance than a boss or a destroyer, so that means if has more glide. So there might be some potential for big distance if I can get the disc up to a faster speed. But right now there is no reason to keep throwing it when I can throw my bosses and destoyers further and I am use to the size and feel of the disc.

Now that I can absolutely understand, and for reference, I am just a guy that has been throwing discs for 12 years and I'm excited about this disc and this company. I am not one of the owners, and have had no personal ties to this company whatsoever up to this point, was just curious about the "novelty" comment because it came off as negative in the first post, but now I understand what you were trying to say. And as I stated before, I LOVE THE WAY THIS THING FLIES!!! I've had a few of the bigger armed throwers that I know at leagues throw these and I'm just blown away by the lines they are able to shape and the distances they're achieving with them. Like you said, these things have crazy glide, it doesn't look like they're getting as much distance with as slow as they seem to be moving, but they BOMB! And please note, I was frustrated when the initial launch kept getting pushed back, and it got me a little frustrated, but I am more than happy with the finished product, and I am very excited to see what they're going to come up with next! Always like to see companies coming up with new innovative ways to try to improve our sport!

^^you forgot to mention you bought a factory second off eBay which is why the majority of the flashing was still on the disc. So sounds like a 188g monster of a disc flew similar to what you already have in the bag however you call it a novelty disc? Does that mean all the discs you carry are novelty discs? Your explanation/description and final conclusion don't really coincide which is why I ask.

Good thing all the discs sent out now are in the 170s which people should like better than max weight.

Btw that was not an attack post, just wanted to get some good constructive feedback so I could take it to the guys.

And this whole time we thought mvps fanboys were annoying.... :rolleyes:

except this isn't a fanboy, this is the owner of the company, wanting constructive feedback to make their product better.
and sounding like a pompous dick. If you disagree with a review that is normal. But to call out horseman, and say all he throws is novelty bc in HIS OPINION this disc wasn't as good as others... Really? Thats your owner? Nice pr!

so far all I've seen in this thread is speculative.

"we had a pro throw it and it went as far as the other drivers but more accurately".. Kinda sounds like prodigys line of drivers of varying stability that all fly the same even in the wind.

I'm just saying if you advertise more than you are, when people find out you're not, they quit caring.

Just once I'd love for a disc maker to say there's your new disc, enjoy. And the people would bc it was an awesome disc, rather than being hyped to the moon to buy a 13 spd stalker.

Last edited:
except this isn't a fanboy, this is the owner of the company, wanting constructive feedback to make their product better.

Lets all be honest, I'm definitely going to push my product because I am passionate about it and really believe that in due time we can be one of the best in the game. Secondly this is an open forum and as owner/supporter/avid disc golfer I can post and give my opinion just like any other forum goer. I also help sponsor this website which believe it or not helps keeps this website functioning so if you can criticize then I feel I can defend. Lets agree to disagree and move forward ammicably.

You "sponsor" the website? Like, you give timg money or free services? Or do you mean that you "buy ads?"

And either way, does that give you the right to be abrasive?

And regardless of your answer to that, how is that strategy good for business?

no kilgus youre still doing this wrong. seriously im not opposed to you making a dollar, hire someone to post here for you, someone who knows how to talk to people. dont shoot yourself in the foot.

no kilgus youre still doing this wrong. seriously im not opposed to you making a dollar, hire someone to post here for you, someone who knows how to talk to people. dont shoot yourself in the foot.

leave the guy alone. and go practice your FH.

You "sponsor" the website? Like, you give timg money or free services? Or do you mean that you "buy ads?"

And either way, does that give you the right to be abrasive?

And regardless of your answer to that, how is that strategy good for business?

And when McFer chimes in I know it's time for me get off...pitch forks ablaze this Monday.

Yeah take a look at Salient Discs official profile and you will see Site Sponsor...unless sponsor means something else then I guess I'm right.

Thanks for skipping over my post............or just totally ignoring it.
But seriously, people would like to know

Not a liberty to discuss the process, I'm sure if you asked Innova or Latitude they would give you the same answer. -Kilgus-

This was his response to that question... As a manufacturing business, you can't expect the guy to let you in on trade secrets. The new helium discs look pretty sweet too, they look to have a little more control over it than Innova or Latitude. When you look at the 175ish Prometheus, it has condensed bubbles near the inside of the rim, and appears to be more clear on the outside, where the 165ish Prometheus looks to have the bubbles condensed evenly throughout the entire rim. Pretty cool to look at!

These are not mine! But damn I wish they were. Say hello to the Prometheus...with a weight reduction...a huge weight reduction....this is the helium prometheus!
Weights are 176, 175 and an astounding 164! Expect to see these hitting vendors in the next couple weeks. Not in the clear though...the Clear were extremely limited...like to 6 lol

11kh95h.jpg

Only 8 all clear liquid helium made. The 160s are really cool looking

There is more bitching on this forum than any of the other forums I have ever been a part of. And I frequented VIDEO GAME AND MINI SKATEBOARD HOBBY FORUMS. Both things made for younger teens. With all the "adult" company on this forum I thought I'd finally found a mature forum to discuss things I like, but instead I get a bunch of middle aged douche bags thinking that an opinion is a thing that actually matters in the real world. Hey guys that are just combative by nature and like to feed the fire, your wife will leave you someday and your kids will call her boyfriend Daddy and call you by your first name.

Also if you are offended by Kilgus' tact and pride regarding his company, you would NEVER make it in business. If you are going to be a whiny b**** and offer ZERO constructive criticism, don't be surprised when the man asks you to expound and use your big boy words so that he can use the information for future products.

OT: Still waiting for my 3, still excited!!

There is more bitching on this forum than any of the other forums I have ever been a part of. And I frequented VIDEO GAME AND MINI SKATEBOARD HOBBY FORUMS. Both things made for younger teens. With all the "adult" company on this forum I thought I'd finally found a mature forum to discuss things I like, but instead I get a bunch of middle aged douche bags thinking that an opinion is a thing that actually matters in the real world. Hey guys that are just combative by nature and like to feed the fire, your wife will leave you someday and your kids will call her boyfriend Daddy and call you by your first name.

Also if you are offended by Kilgus' tact and pride regarding his company, you would NEVER make it in business. If you are going to be a whiny b**** and offer ZERO constructive criticism, don't be surprised when the man asks you to expound and use your big boy words so that he can use the information for future products.

OT: Still waiting for my 3, still excited!!

In the mail, should receive Thursday. You have a low 170s, high 170s and high 180s in the batch to see how they perform :)