• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Prometheus

These are not mine! But damn I wish they were. Say hello to the Prometheus...with a weight reduction...a huge weight reduction....this is the helium prometheus!
Weights are 176, 175 and an astounding 164! Expect to see these hitting vendors in the next couple weeks. Not in the clear though...the Clear were extremely limited...like to 6 lol

11kh95h.jpg

LOL nope

I bet these will sell well initially and big arms will love them. I don't know nay big arms, therefore I can't reccomend this disc to anyone personally. I'm just interested to see if it can live up it's potential and break the distance record.

I'm interested in a 166 or thereabouts.

IT's been awfully lousy weather here soon, so I haven't had a chance to throw my 190s.

someone needs to throw this **** already so i can have an excuse to buy another.

my 189 is gonna sit on the shelf anyway until i get a bigger bag.

someone needs to throw this **** already so i can have an excuse to buy another.

my 189 is gonna sit on the shelf anyway until i get a bigger bag.

We've already had top rated pros throw Prometheus and have said they get the distance of their longest driver but with more control. The lighter weight Liquid Helium plastic really fly well!!

Btw they float in the low 160s

Well I finally got mine in the mail and got a chance to play around with it Yesterday. Its 188g. First off the flashing on the leading edge of the disc was horrible, about an 1/8" around the whole outside of the disc so I had to take some time to fix that.

Now on to the throwing. THe disc worked pretty well on just straight up hyzer lines only was getting it to 350 to 400 on those lines. Held up pretty well and didnt move off the intended hyzer line through the flight of the disc.

When I was throwing it low and flat I saw a bit of turn with a consistant fade. It has a very slow yet far flight, which is kinda wierd to see. It really didnt move to far left or right throughout the flight, until the end where it had some healthy fade. Was getting it around 400-450 on 80% power. I would have tried to do some big flex shots with it to see how it performed but the thing was so dam heavy that I felt like I was gunna pull something throwing this thing.

Overall I liked the flight, in that it penetrated well and went decently far, but it was nothing amazing. Will never make the bag, unless the lite weight ones go further with the same flight. It is more of a novelty disc than anything else. Pretty much every shot that I put up with it, I already had something that will do what it did better. Ill keep wathcing the company but so far it is nothing impressive, just another over hyped disc that didnt live up to the hype.

^I'm not sure that all will agree with you. Myself as well as a few locals here in Michigan have gotten a chance to throw them and love them, and I'm not sure what your max drive is, but 400-450 at 80% power sounds pretty solid to me. Not my choice for a tightly wooded course, but for long bombs this thing is sweet!

^I'm not sure that all will agree with you. Myself as well as a few locals here in Michigan have gotten a chance to throw them and love them, and I'm not sure what your max drive is, but 400-450 at 80% power sounds pretty solid to me. Not my choice for a tightly wooded course, but for long bombs this thing is sweet!

And Im not sure all agree with you. Just giving my input. And I max at 550+

^^you forgot to mention you bought a factory second off eBay which is why the majority of the flashing was still on the disc. So sounds like a 188g monster of a disc flew similar to what you already have in the bag however you call it a novelty disc? Does that mean all the discs you carry are novelty discs? Your explanation/description and final conclusion don't really coincide which is why I ask.

Good thing all the discs sent out now are in the 170s which people should like better than max weight.

Btw that was not an attack post, just wanted to get some good constructive feedback so I could take it to the guys.

Last edited:
^^ So sounds like a 188g monster of a disc flew similar to what you already have in the bag however you call it a novelty disc? Does that mean all the discs you carry are novelty discs?.

That's pretty much what I was saying. It's not a novelty disc just because it doesn't kick a disc out of your bag that does the same thing.

That would be because I didnt even realize I bought a factory second until you said something and then I went back and checked the ebay listing. Nothing in the title that said it was an F2 but it was in the description (which I didnt read).

And I offered up my opinion. Gave a positive review of the disc. Then said to me it was nothing special and I felt as though it was just a novelty. Im sorry that I have other discs that perform better than the Prometheus for me. I guess next time I wont buy a new disc to try it and support a new company

^^you forgot to mention you bought a factory second off eBay which is why the majority of the flashing was still on the disc. So sounds like a 188g monster of a disc flew similar to what you already have in the bag however you call it a novelty disc? Does that mean all the discs you carry are novelty discs? Your explanation/description and final conclusion don't really coincide which is why I ask.

Good thing all the discs sent out now are in the 170s which people should like better than max weight.

Btw that was not an attack post, just wanted to get some good constructive feedback so I could take it to the guys.

That would be because I didnt even realize I bought a factory second until you said something and then I went back and checked the ebay listing. Nothing in the title that said it was an F2 but it was in the description (which I didnt read).

And I offered up my opinion. Gave a positive review of the disc. Then said to me it was nothing special and I felt as though it was just a novelty. Im sorry that I have other discs that perform better than the Prometheus for me. I guess next time I wont buy a new disc to try it and support a new company

The comments were in no way going after you for trying a new disc and not liking it, just the whole novelty comment that threw it off for me. You say that 550' is your max distance right? And you're able to pull this one up to 450' with 80% power. So in theory, this disc can fly as far as your longest distance driver at full power. The word "novelty" just doesn't fit to me if it keeps up with the strongest disc in your bag.

I am hoping to have my order of 25 here today maybe . . . they had a delay in sending out the order which also bought them time to be able to produce some in lighter weights which I am thankful for. i am hoping to get a really heavy one and a really light one to see how they compare. I do not think I will like th eheavy ones but I can see how a light one might be a unique disc in my bag. I will let you know.

I am hoping to have my order of 25 here today maybe . . . they had a delay in sending out the order which also bought them time to be able to produce some in lighter weights which I am thankful for. i am hoping to get a really heavy one and a really light one to see how they compare. I do not think I will like th eheavy ones but I can see how a light one might be a unique disc in my bag. I will let you know.

Yours is in the mail. We put a mix if light and heavy in for you from 189-172 gram I believe.