• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Prometheus

lots of reviews stating different stabilities.

the archer, right?

A combination of that and most of us have had very few throws with it. So far almost everyone that's posted has just thrown it a few times at a park and have given first impressions, not really full reviews where they've played a few rounds with it and truly know how the disc flies. I know personally it's going to take me more than the 7-8 throws I had with it to get used to the size and weight of the disc. It feels different from any other disc in my bag.

Here is my full written review after a few rounds with the Prometheus. First and foremost you have to get used to this disc and that may take some time. As Chris said it is spin sensitive much like MVP and even more so on the angle. Into a headwind, unless it is mild, this disc doesn't do well. It is stable but definitely not overstable. My favorite thing about this disc is you have to keep it low which I excel at greatly. Any kind of height and the disc will carry upwards and dive making it seem overstable. Why? Because it has so much flight plate and if any kind of wind is in play when you throw it that high it will just float straight up then dump. So from low to med. ceiling shots which I encounter a lot at the ACU course here, this thing just bombs, from a hyzer it flips up, goes straight, turns left and comes back with a very gentle fade, much like my rivers I love to hyzer flip but with so much more distance. Honestly I haven't had much luck throwing it flat, it has always been from a hyzer that I have gotten those results. That said its because you need a lot of spin to get the max weight ones to do that and powering down on the disc is tricky. I did have some luck throwing smooth hyzer shots when I powered down though. At ACU last night I was doing a glow round and this and my judge were the only disc. The Prometheus could do it all, long range forehand drives, mid range hyzer forehands, upshot backhand with a slight skip upward but never to the left and he'll it even putted straight!. As onemilemore has stated I can't wait for a lighter weight one because I can probably get a nice smooth flat release from it and get it to go straight on a powered down shot. I have been storing back ups of MVP volts for a while but after using this disc, a few lighter weight ones and my rivers are all I will need for the stable fairway slot. This disc is unbelievable and as much as I love hearing reviews from the DG community I really hope a pro will invest in one and chime in with their results

i can attest to keeping it low. some poor big gun kept trying to throw it like he throws all of his other discs and it just dumped on him, made him look silly. it seems the air resistance on the underside of the flight plate is so much more of a big deal for this disc, especially given how heavy it is. expose it and you're done.

i threw it and it went straight w/fade for me - i'm more of a linedrive thrower.

Last edited:
O boy. If you got one to flip at 280-300ft of power then im a little worried what us bigger arms can do. I was hoping for something stable to overstable, not stable to understable. I guess im going to have to wait and see what they ar elike when I get mine

I didn't flip it over, just up to flat and straight.

I don't get a lot of distance, but I can often get a disc to fly on its intended path at those distances, not sure why. I feel like this is stable enough to handle power, though.

I didn't flip it over, just up to flat and straight.

I don't get a lot of distance, but I can often get a disc to fly on its intended path at those distances, not sure why. I feel like this is stable enough to handle power, though.

Sounds like good snap and slow arm speed

It did look shorter than 300' and it had a S-curve flight pattern. I think that if this disc had Innova's flight numbers, the turn on this thing would read -5.

It only had that flight pattern because it was being released anny that's also why it was fading out so fast.

Agreed,

Most of his throws were nose up on anny which is why you see the early turn and fade.

We will have a video up Sunday with a few players of varying skills (880 rated-1000 rated) that can throw for some distance, Scott (Salient-Tech) whom is over 1000 rated and has very good snap with 500ft of power will show you what a little snap and some good form can achieve.

Btw the video review was very good by Hurricane....kudos especially with 188g which is prob 15-20 grams heavier than his normal discs.

It did look shorter than 300' and it had a S-curve flight pattern. I think that if this disc had Innova's flight numbers, the turn on this thing would read -5.

No way this thing is -5. I'd say -1.5 at most, and that's pushing it. It is workable, not flippy.

Sooo... Its a BigA*$ Disc with a BigA*$ Wing and TONS of Dome. Cool :|

Latest posts