• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Public Course on Private Land (Land Ownership Contracts/Agreements)

EagleEyes

I am currently in the process of helping my local county's Park & Rec. District create/design/build a top tier public disc golf course in SW Washington State. Right now we are in the initial stages of negotiating with a private landowner for the use of a absolutely beautiful 30+ acre piece of land. I was curious if anyone out there has had any experience drawing up contracts/agreements involving installing a public use course on private land. Especially in situation where landowner in not a disc golfer. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions and/or examples would be awesome. Personally looking forward to pushing through the bureaucrats and getting the Gorge it's first top notch public course. Thanks

Go to the NW disc golf news website and send a PM to Flingin fireman. Paul had everything to do with the Bud Pell @ Ross Farm course up here in Kitsap County, and could probably answer your questions. I don't think he's on DGCR much. Good luck!

Sounds like you need to have the landowner deed easement rights to the Parks & Rec Dept. Exact legal language should be available from any competent liar - oops, I mean lawyer.

Latest posts