• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putter overstable vs understable

I prefer a Stable to OS putter.
I use a Wedge (Understable) for some things, but not Putting. It tends to glide too much.
I want a putter that will "go to ground" quickly if I miss. For that, you need a putter that is somewhat OS.
OTOH, if it is too OS, like a Zone, it will start fading too quickly - especially on longer putts at circle edge or farther.

For the record, I putt with a beat up Pro Pig or a Star Aviar, depending on the situation.

^^^^^
I'm with you DJ. I use a SS Omega (slightly OS) for 99% of my putts and a Breaker into insane winds even on a short putt. As long as I keep it low, it will dump off in short order if I miss.

Glad to see the Wedge get some love. My friends are always amazed when I'm too far to the right on my drive for a good approach line at about 75 to 100 ft. and I pull out my wedge. I put it on a high anny and it just floats all the way to within a short putt of the basket. Serious glide.

I was in the same spot for a long time. I went through many putters....I really like the prodigy putters. SE and 400. I'd recommend a 400 Pa4 for a straight shot putter and good understable approach....and really Pa3 Pa2 or Pa1 are great and slightly more stable. I putt with Pa1's a lot....I like the feel over the others, it's not crazy stable, its nice to shape and float in the basket.

^^^^^
I'm with you DJ. I use a SS Omega (slightly OS) for 99% of my putts and a Breaker into insane winds even on a short putt. As long as I keep it low, it will dump off in short order if I miss.

Glad to see the Wedge get some love. My friends are always amazed when I'm too far to the right on my drive for a good approach line at about 75 to 100 ft. and I pull out my wedge. I put it on a high anny and it just floats all the way to within a short putt of the basket. Serious glide.

Omega ss is money I use my champ pna avair in the wind thinking about grabbing something else that sticks better but it works cuz I usually flex it over

Latest posts