• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Quest for better form

The issue starts going into the x-step. You are twisting around yourself in the air, instead of shifting/gliding/galloping forward laterally to the left foot and then turning/loading back against it in the ground.

Your upper body then tips over top your front leg instead of being able to drive the lower body forward to catch the upper body in dynamic balance and rotate the hips. Your front foot appears to be too staggered closed and not landing more inline with it/able to rotate into the thigh. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um5cS9u_Y0w&t=4m32s

Note how Marc's knee don't crossover and his left foot is never in front of his body, he hops everything targetward in dynamic balance. Your knees really crossover and your left foot reaches out and under ahead of your body and puts you off balance.
PTWcCiL.png

NQX7EBz.png

Today I finished an 18 hole round and proceeded to step onto a very nice looking field. Super wide, long, not an obstacle in sight. It was a perfect field for throwing any line your heart desired, which is rare when you're living in the heart of DFW like I do. I throw some drives. The disc rips out of my hand with a satisfying pop. I finish driving my discs, they seem to be going a good bit of distance.

Thats when I pull out udisc and hit measure throw. I walk to my first driver. 330. "Maybe that was a bad throw?" Walk to my next driver which is within ten feet. 335.

I get frustrated and try again, this time putting everything I can into the throws. Still coming up 340-360.

Meanwhile I'm going from a fence to a transformer box that's out in the middle of the field. I pull up google earth and do the measurement on there. Udisc was nearly off a whole 100 feet... I will never know how far those went, but they were over 430.

Geez

The way you stride into the plant needs work. You are kicking the wall in Hershyzer instead of leading your hips/butt into the wall. So your front foot kicks out early and ends up planting soft without much pressure shift, and so the pressure shifts late and your mass gets stuck between your feet and jams you up behind your front leg instead of pivoting balanced on it into finish. You want to feel all or most of your pressure shifting much faster/sudden with your plant/crush the can.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118948
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134167

You think planting more vertically rather than horizontally would help remedy this?

You think planting more vertically rather than horizontally would help remedy this?
You stride too diagonal and land too flat footed, so your foot is not landing inline enough to catch yourself/CoG horizontally or landing underneath you vertically enough. Swivel Stairs should help.

Latest posts