• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Question for Age 40+ Players

My husband started playing when he was over 50, and we played almost every day the first summer and fall. He's found that he has more problems if he doesn't play regularly. Knee pain can be a problem, and if he's walking regularly, then that strengthens the muscles, and makes daily golf much easier. Over 40, I wouldn't just start playing two rounds a day. But if you work up to it, and don't have physical problems, it doesn't seem like there's a reason why you shouldn't be able to play two rounds a day.

I play GM and I can play about 100,000' of Disc Golf a week. I do try to take one day off a week.

Im not bragging but Im 41 and could throw 36 holes a day indefinately. Ive been an endurance athlete since my 20's, so walking and throwing arent much exercise for me. These days I do alot of distance-backpacking (20 miles a day with a 30-35 lb pack) and I dont take rest days. About 8 months ago, I walked from the Bay Area to Yosemite National Park (200 miles) and then spent a week hiking the Pacific Crest Trail into Tahoe. It was part of my 3-month plan to backpack around California. I learned the game in Modesto, Ca while I was on the road, and Ive been hooked ever since. I do have to say though, that lately Ive been getting a small pain on the inside of my knee so we'll see what happens.

I'm 52. I do two rounds per day, or a round per day plus field work - driving, putting, mid-range. I don't feel a drain from this level of play. Work can get in the way, but work is much more strenuous than disc golf (a lot of hiking, extreme topography, heavy backpack.)

my legs give out well before my arm ever does.....I think If I could lose 20-40 lbs I might find I could play more

I hear that.

I fluctuate within a 20-30 lb range yearly, and without those 20lbs, I can chuck 3 (hilly) rounds a day, three days in a row, without seeing drop in my game. (actually an improvement with all the practice!) I'm finishing dinner and crashing immediately thereafter, surely, but I am Dr Go-Go-Juice on the course(s).

Add those 20 or 30 lbs back, and my game is noticeably off at the end of the second round, and totally blown if I play the third round.

This year is the end of it, though. I'm dropping this s#!t. At 37, it is way past time to quit jerking around and drop the weight. It will be easy, actually, but the smoking is gonna be a b!tch.

This winter has been great, so far. Almost no snow, and rounds abound. :)

I'm 41 and weigh 300 pounds. I played 99 holes last weekend and then moved a piano on Sunday night. When I got home from work Monday I felt like I had been hit by an eighteen wheeler.

Latest posts