• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Quick Coat Worm Dye Questions

Surly Bastage

Par Member
Premium Member
I am starting to work toward a mostly pink bag.

I want the brightest, won't lose my disc on the worst whoops missed the fairway and am in a dense lost city of z jungle throw, pink.

Based on the following Reniger comments, it sounds like Quick-Coat worm dye is the way to go:

My favorite dye so far has been the worm dyes. Not only are they SUPER freaking bright colors, but the UV reactiveness really pops in sunlight.

The Spike It is pretty solid and bright, but the Quick Coat pink and purple are the two most florescent and vivid colors I've ever had! Mind blowing color!

The Quick Coat pink is so bright, it's incredible!...

... The Quick Coat worm dye is just out of this world.

Anyone have something better?

I plan to buy white discs and soak them in a 50/50 water/dye solution. The ratio also came from Reniger.

Has anyone had stamp problems doing this?

About how long should I soak the disc?

Do I need to heat the water like with powder dyes?

How many of the 4 oz bottles should I get to do about five discs?

Ive used the hot pink quick coat straight out of the bottle with great success but it did smudge a stamp on fission volt i was using a cotton ball on. A little goes a longggg way. Ive dyed many discs with the single bottle. No dye pro here at all tho im sure others will chime in.

It is good stuff in my experience.

Yup! Aim is in every way correct. (damn that hurts to say) ;)

Lure Parts Online is the best source.

A little goes a long way. (I actually ended up mixing it almost 3:1 water:dye) and have it saved in a Mason Jar after about 6 uses.

Worm dye is acetone based and will eat stamps if left for a long time. For just color changes without a stencil or design, I typically put a disc in a 1 gallon zip-top bag, add in the dye, "swoosh" is around, leave it for 10 minutes or so, "swoosh" it around again, flip the disc on the other side, leave it for another 10 minutes and that little bit of time sets a deep, bright, and rich UV dye. Love it.

I'll try to get a picture in the next couple days here (my bag is at home) but I have a Supreme Flight stamped CD2 that was originally a muted yellow swirly S-Line and I used the above process of zip-top bag and worm dye for about 20 minutes total. It is a darker pink/purple, extremely bright colored, and did not ruin the stamp. So don't be too worried about stamps. Again, I'll get a pic soon.

i like pink discs too, and the worm dye works great. it will smudge or remove the stamp if you are painting it on undiluted.

The acetone can eat through plastic, so glass mason jars are the way to go

^^^Acetone dissolves some plastics.

But clearly not the ones that Worm dye comes in. I'm not sure where this question even came from as I have never heard of anyone buying worm dye and then transferring it to a glass container.

But clearly not the ones that Worm dye comes in. I'm not sure where this question even came from as I have never heard of anyone buying worm dye and then transferring it to a glass container.

I think they were diluting it and needed a container...and the glass jar is the safe bet.

I think they were diluting it and needed a container...and the glass jar is the safe bet.

Bingo. I have diluted mine and glass mason jars from the Dollar Tree is a cheap way to store mixed dyes. I have 7 jars sitting behind me on my desk. Only reason I diluted the worm dye was because initially I was trying to change the overall color of an entire disc and needed more fluid volume. For stencil or spins, I would leave it at full concentrate.

What base color of plastic can be effectively dyed with this stuff? I have a dayglo orange I need pink....but would it come out reddish?

What base color of plastic can be effectively dyed with this stuff? I have a dayglo orange I need pink....but would it come out reddish?

I had a Discmania yellow swirly S-Line that was pretty gnarly colored. It suffered from the typical swirly star "mud" look. Even with a brownish yellow base, about 20 minutes total dye time transformed it into this; (and this is after heaaaaavy use)
kwgDuRu.jpg

A little more purple than I was wanting, but coming from a brown/yellow, I'm pretty happy with it. No effect on the stamp until it scuffed a few dozen trees and gravel. :D But, when it came out of the dye, the stamp was still wholly intact.

Worm dye absorbs quickly, creates (imo) deeper, richer effects, and in small doses is safe for foil stamps.

I had a Discmania yellow swirly S-Line that was pretty gnarly colored. It suffered from the typical swirly star "mud" look. Even with a brownish yellow base, about 20 minutes total dye time transformed it into this; (and this is after heaaaaavy use)
kwgDuRu.jpg

A little more purple than I was wanting, but coming from a brown/yellow, I'm pretty happy with it. No effect on the stamp until it scuffed a few dozen trees and gravel. :D But, when it came out of the dye, the stamp was still wholly intact.

Worm dye absorbs quickly, creates (imo) deeper, richer effects, and in small doses is safe for foil stamps.

That looks great! Definitely picking up a bottle. Thanks for posting.

I have two bottles on order. The shipping ($6.99) is killer for a single bottle, so I got pink and blue. I can't wait to try it out on some white discs, or maybe glow.

Given the above, I might try it on some less-than-ideal colored ones as well to see what happens.

I finally got around to trying the Quick Coat worm dye on a white Pinnacle Rival.

I did a 3:1 solution for 20 minutes. It looks good but I was hoping for more of a bright neon pink.

Any recommendations?

album.php

Last edited:

Latest posts