• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Racer

chevis

flick it
Silver level trusted reviewer
Named after the fast and agile Racer snake, Innova's new [12|6|-1|2] distance driver decreases low-speed overstability while maintaining torque resistance.

The key advantage of the Racer's design is its ability to withstand high-velocity throws without becoming flippy, while shedding some of the the low-speed overstability typical of traditional drivers. For players who favor forehands or possess 350-plus feet of backhand power, the Racer offers unparalleled ease of control at maximum distance. It flies like a longer Destroyer, but with more forward finish and less sideways flare on the skip.
hitting retail stores today. i'm interested, but not for 25$. innova trying to get my monies :devilish: i did like the charger tho, so may pick one up eventually if there are more good things said about it. that wing bead seems like it would not feel comfortable for my fh.

here's a quick review:

I know it's likely just marketing speak but their desciption is promising...

I used some reward points to pick up one of the first run metal flake Racers. I had just lost a perfectly tuned destroyer so this looked interesting, but the one they sent is absolutely gorgeous and I can't bring myself to throw it.

Curious, but not sure if it's my thing or not. May try one when the stock runs come out.

Nose bead on the underside of the rim - really doesn't look like any prior 12 speed rim Innova has produced to my knowledge.

Kinda interesting to release this so soon after the Charger with the similar flight numbers. I'm guessing these both are improvements over the Krait, Dominator, and Teedevil that have gone OOP.

I've found them to be as advertised. High speed stable but don't dump out as hard as a destroyer. Looking forward to throwing some in star plastic. I don't notice the nose bead on the backhand grip.

I got a few throws in with a friend's Racer and it's definitely less LSS than a Destroyer, but pretty much the same HSS. The best way I can describe the feel is it's a wide rim Teebird, and the flight is probably similar. I didn't see much if any turn out of my 3 throws, and none were FH. I'm definitely looking forward to these coming in Star and hopefully Pro in the future.

Latest posts