• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] RDG Stego: 3, 0, +1, 4

I'm hoping for a premium with minimal skip, I've been using a tar pit after I semi retired my glow last month and it's great but I'll have it destroyed in a few months lol.

Gateway finished up running our latest round of premium Stego on Friday and they're amazing... Best run yet.

We have some amazing new plastic varieties:
-Nylon Armor: board flat beefy Bois
-Molten: very similar to G*Star
-Metal Flake Amber: tons of sparkle
-Armor: nice classic clear premium

Tar Pits, Fossil & STEGLOW should be running next week.

Thank You as always for the support!!

Attachments

• 20230722_105036.jpg
    20230722_105036.jpg
    919.3 KB · Views: 0
Gateway finished up running our latest round of premium Stego on Friday and they're amazing... Best run yet.

We have some amazing new plastic varieties:
-Nylon Armor: board flat beefy Bois
-Molten: very similar to G*Star
-Metal Flake Amber: tons of sparkle
-Armor: nice classic clear premium

Tar Pits, Fossil & STEGLOW should be running next week.

Thank You as always for the support!!
Between Armor, Nylon Armor, and Metal Flake Amber, which of these plastic types would you say is the most overstable?

You're not wrong lol.

I haven't really had a more or less OS Stego off the shelf.

I am super excited to test these 145g Molten ones though. Those will be my distance Steggy...

Stegobros,

Anyone else doing low power/spin putts inside the circle with the stego?

Like sure, it is more overstable the harder you throw it(and utility upshots and all that); but I've found it's a stupid laser tire when I throw/spin it gently. On the kinda low power tosses my serpents will fade off of at the same low power/spin, but far enough away that if I power up the serpent to fly straight and miss -I might overshoot.

Yesterday I scored a personal best at my local par 3 home run derby course using just my Serpent and Stego.

I'm very excited to hear about these lightweight moltens. Lightweight Stegos in general. Glow fossil.

Fingers crossed for a new serpent run soon too.

I'll do short putts with mine but not too often, I don't putt that hard and they do tend to drop pretty quickly. In very windy conditions I will break it out from time to time though.

You're not wrong lol.

I haven't really had a more or less OS Stego off the shelf.

I am super excited to test these 145g Molten ones though. Those will be my distance Steggy...
Can I get one of those, since I've always wanted a lighter Stego to really be able to throw crazy lines with, though if it was Tarpit or Fossil it might actually beat into something somewhat flippy at that weight? It would be really cool if you could make them below like 120 grams just for the shots that wouldn't be repeatable with any other disc.

Can I get one of those, since I've always wanted a lighter Stego to really be able to throw crazy lines with, though if it was Tarpit or Fossil it might actually beat into something somewhat flippy at that weight? It would be really cool if you could make them below like 120 grams just for the shots that wouldn't be repeatable with any other disc.
Jamie, we all want lightweight armor reptilian PnAs

Between Armor, Nylon Armor, and Metal Flake Amber, which of these plastic types would you say is the most overstable?
I can't imagine they'll fly all that different from each other since there's barely any difference between Armor, Fossil, and Tarpit Stegos in the air (and those would go Armor>Fossil>Tarpit ime). How they act on the ground and feel in the hand is the real separator between the plastics

Which of the plastic types would have the least ground play then? Sort've looking for which one dumps and stops the quickest

Probably Tarpit unless Molten is even more so.

Gotta be tarpit, they are saying molten is gonna be like g-star. My tarpits are like hard playdough. I have 4 and none of them are actually the same shape. Two puddle tops, one warpy boi and one that actually looked flat as my armor stego before the first couple rounds got it puddling too.

Edit: still, even with a puddled, snow-pea/turtle textured top- my tarpit stegos barely change flight characteristics.

I'd say at low power it flies exactly the same as fresh, only at full power throws can you kinda see that the extra over stability you usually get from putting more power into a stego kinda comes in less strongly.

I am currently breaking in a hemp baobab(AGL disc, stego top with a beadless bottom. Starts off flying like a broken in stego. Except I can use the same pinch grip I drive my Serpents with(because there is no bead) I'm really hoping I can beat the shit out of it and get the beat-inness to affect the low power throws to shape low power S lines. After a few rounds though, I'm not sure if it'll happen or not. I might just develop enough touch to be more precise throwing the same shot with with Serpents just relying more on my aim than the natural disc behavior. I could also see myself developing more spin and being able to manipulate a lighter weight stego more precisely, I dont have the lightweight stegos yet but will eventually. Hopefully I can get used to driving with a bead and not need to try and hunt/wait for lightweight baobabs... But also soft hemp(or even better, special edition tarpit Stegobabs) baobabs in 150 gram weight range would probably be epic.

Last edited:
The new runs are in the store now if anyone hasn't checked yet. Got myself an Armor and I'm pumped to see how ridiculous this thing is

Guys it finally happened! I got the elusive Stego ace at Deerfield hole 16.

It's a blind shot around 230 with OB all along the left and long, I skipped my Amber Stego in the chains so hard the basket sounded like it broke.

And to top
It off a friend in my card also aced with his glow Gila earlier that round.

RDG was winning at league today in GA!

Guys it finally happened! I got the elusive Stego ace at Deerfield hole 16.

It's a blind shot around 230 with OB all along the left and long, I skipped my Amber Stego in the chains so hard the basket sounded like it broke.

And to top
It off a friend in my card also aced with his glow Gila earlier that round.

RDG was winning at league today in GA!
Congrats!!! After playing all summer with just my serpent and stego at a local par 3 course I actually just realized I actually got my first and only stego ace on a 150 ft hard left dogleg just yesterday! Something about the fall I suppose.

Latest posts