• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Recommendation for chains

TheSloth

In a few weeks I'm closing on a new home, the home will come with approximately a one acre parcel that's slightly wooded. So much to my wife's chagrin I plan on creating a 9 (or 18) hole par two course with one target. I'd like to get a target that is portable just in case I ever wanted to move it. Cost is not an issue as I've been putting money aside for a while in anticipation of this. What chains would you recommend for this? Thanks for your input!

Ignore the first posting and read this:In a few weeks I'm closing on a new home, the home will come with approximately a one acre parcel that's slightly wooded. So much to my wife's chagrin I plan on creating a 9 (or 18) hole par two course with one target. I'd like to get a target that I can take out of the ground for the winter (but leaving the pole bottom in the ground is fine) as I live in a high snow area. Cost is not an issue as I've been putting money aside for a while in anticipation of this. What chains would you recommend for this purpose? Thanks for your input!

If you're talking baskets, I'd say get whatever your local course has. That way you'll become accustomed to putting on those baskets which will help give you more confidence during a round.

I give Russell Burns a call. Google him at 'Disc Golf Monkey"
His baskets (which are PDGA approved) are great and the chains he uses are awesome. they catch better than any I've used anywhere else.

I give Russell Burns a call. Google him at 'Disc Golf Monkey"
His baskets (which are PDGA approved) are great and the chains he uses are awesome. they catch better than any I've used anywhere else.

I wish I had seen this post before. I bought an Innova Discatcher Sport and I'm happy with it, but the Monkey seems to make some fine and somewhat unique baskets too.

If money is no option then the obvious/conservative choice would be a mach V. This basket is visually similar to the most commonly used basket on professional level courses; the mach 3. The only difference between the two is the superior chain configuration.

My next basket will either be a mach V or a Permanent Gateway titan (the one with the huge basket). I love the titan, but the basket included with the portable or bullseye looks too small after playing on the permanent titans at foundation park, that course is a gem.

In my opinion, these are the two nicest baskets money can buy.