• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Remove foil stamp

Noill

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
I searched the threads and couldn't find this info so I'll just ask...What's the best way to remove the various stamps on discs such as the foil stamps on Innova discs?

Thanks.

you don't need cotton balls or rubber gloves.

just soak a paper towel, wipe vigorously, then rinse both the disc and your hands thoroughly.

for extra fun, light the paper towel on fire afterwards!

(just kidding. Don't light the towel on fire afterwards. acetone is extremely flammable.)

You don't NEED cotton balls but.....if you wipe vigorously with a paper towel you can scratch the disc.

Speaking from personal experience with a couple hundred dyes under my belt paper towels will scratch a disc if you scrub to hard. Gloves are essential if your working with any strong solvent or acetone. Proper ventilation is also a good ideal. Dont kid yourself Acetone is not good for you. I have tried paper towels, huk towels, sham wows, and probly a few other things I cant think of right now. I have had the best results with acetone from the hardware store, and cotton balls. Just my 2 cents! :)

I have also scratched discs with paper towels before, if you use paper towels dont press hard at all. Cotton balls work the best. I haven't been dyeing very long but Ive dyed a lot. I think Ive been doing at least 1 a day for a couple months now.

Not having dyed as many disc's as the previous posters, I'd have to agree that paper towels and acetone will scratch disc's. I ruined my first 2 dyes that way. switched to cotton balls and not only is it faster, but NO scratches.....

Best way to remove it from Star plastic? I did a Star disc a couple days ago and the second the acetone hit the stamp it bled instantly into the disc. It was a black stamp on a yellow disc. The black sucked right into the disc and the stamped area was silver under the black. The silver came right off but the black is in the plastic. Anyone else have this happen? Ways to prevent it?

Black stamps are the worst I try to avoid them at all costs. Silver and gold seem to be about the easiest to work with for innova, Discraft has some white stamps that come off clean as a whistle as well.

As far as your disc goes once that acetone evaporates and it has sat for a while the color is pretty much in there. I try to work with a small puddle off acetone on the area of the stamp I am trying to remove. This seems to keep the stamp from bleeding into the plastic. Switching to a fresh cotton ball or rag or whatever also helps to not smear the stamp, its good to have a clean surface to pull the stamp crap off the disc. Hope this helps! :)

... The black sucked right into the disc and the stamped area was silver under the black. The silver came right off but the black is in the plastic. Anyone else have this happen? Ways to prevent it?

I do my stamp removal over a basin with the hot water running. Dip cotton ball in acetone, rub on a small portion of the stamp, rinse immediately. I go through a lot of cotton balls because they soak up water that dilutes the acetone in them, but don't really have a problem with smudges from stamps.

Latest posts