• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Reptilian Disc Golf Raptor: Overstable Control Driver

Okay, so I got my Amber Raptor yesterday bust seeing how yesterday was Free Comic Book Day AND my daughter and I went to see Civil War, I got home far too late to throw it. I automatically like the feel, though...Amber is like flexible (not gummy) Champion plastic. Grittier than Opto/VIP/Lucid but that could also be a partial side effect of the pink dye. It's also just a little bit flatter than my Armor Flex Raptors...I've been throwing Raptors since day one so I kind of doubt an inexperienced Raptor thrower would even know the difference. It's not like the Amber Raptors are board flat.

I got up early this morning to give my dog his insulin and do some road work before my wife wakes up for Mother's Day festivities, and I took the Amber Raptor along with me as I run by this gigantic open parking lot. I didn't want to beat up the Raptor too much so i only did 4 backhands, two sidearms, and a thumber. Even with those hard asphalt impacts, I didn't get any dents or chips. Certainly got some scuffs, but the major scuff was actually just scraping away the dye, not on the plastic itself, which is something I have actually never seen before.

Anyway, the Amber Raptor flew exactly like my Armor Flexes. Straight with big fade, excels at sweeping hyzers, turns over pretty quick on a thumber. Got good flex shots out of my sloppy but forceful sidearm. It did come off the hand a bit easier, but I attribute that mostly to the stiffer plastic.

Amber Raptors are a winner! I expected it to fly a little differently, as Daredevil recognizes the variance in plastic blends and, as such, names the discs differently and gives them different flight numbers based off the blend itself. I was pleasantly surprised that the Raptor still flies Raptorish! I was getting worried I'd have to go back to Banshees as the weather warms up...no I'm glad I don't!

Amber plastic is a HUGE success! Exactly what I've been looking for. I played a 48 hole tourney yesterday in a fairly wooded course. I was able to rep RDG quite a bit, but didn't bag the Raptor or Ptero because they are just to soft for my liking. I got home at 9pm to see a USPS package from RDG. So excite!

It was to late this morning, but I grabbed the Amber Ptero and Raptor for some test runs. First off, the Raptor is much flatter, quite firm, and has a sandy grip. My first rip was a full power backhand spike hyzer, 300' hole around trees and way left. I totally missed my line, but the Raptor did just what it was supposed to and didn't even hint at flattening out under power. It just held the hyzer line, then faded into a tombstone a bit short of the basket (like I said, missed my line)

A few more throws I can truly trust this disc for exactly what I want it to do. More than just utility, it's a great flyer that will run flat for 80% of it's flight before hooking up with a vengeance! What's better, as someone with a rough forehand game (been working hard on it lately) the Raptor handles my OATs like Quaker! I rarely use a forehand shot - only about 4 times yesterday on a course that's split 50/50 left or right doglegs - but I'm certain the Raptor will save me some strokes. Rides the line you release on, hooks up, flips right, and skips like a monster! I'm excited for this release! Yet another winner from RDG.

i know that this is an old thread, but does anyone have any white raptors that they'd be willing to sell me?

i know that this is an old thread, but does anyone have any white raptors that they'd be willing to sell me?

Hey Marty, posts like this typically are not allowed in the general posting area. I noticed you had a post like this for Pteros too. The Marketplace would be your best bet for getting the attention of sellers/traders. I don't even think you need to pay the posting fee for Wanted threads. Good luck with your search(es).

Latest posts