• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Reptilian Disc Golf Raptor: Overstable Control Driver

I should have both ArmorFlex and Amber (our champ style) ready to release in Feb. !

Just out of curiousity is the Amber like Daredevil's High Performance or a complete new blend?

It seems like not a ton of people love the ArmorFlex but personally I think it is awesome.

Just out of curiousity is the Amber like Daredevil's High Performance or a complete new blend?

It seems like not a ton of people love the ArmorFlex but personally I think it is awesome.

I personally have to agree, now when it is really hot I may find it too flexy, but right now I really dig the feel.

It will be the same plastic as their High Performance without the color additive. This sometimes alters the plastic so it will be interesting to see how they turn out.

ArmorFlex is an ideal cold weather plastic IMO. A lot of players like it for BH but not FH. I understand that as it does have some flop whenever you really snap it FH. The Amber run should provide players with that confidence inspiring stiffness that will make the Raptor a staple in your bag for the OS slot.

So, I really got some time to throw the Raptor today. I'm in love!! RHFH this disc would laserbeam straight with a dependable hard fade. Unfortunately I lost 1 of my 3 Raptors on a slight uphill drive. Beautiful low, straight bullet... Possible skipped into trees on the right but spent a good 45+ minutes looking at several different potential lies to no avail.. On the bright side, it wasn't one of my 2 protos...lol
Anyways, if anyone has a Raptor for sale, please message me.. I wanna stay stocked up on these.

It will be the same plastic as their High Performance without the color additive. This sometimes alters the plastic so it will be interesting to see how they turn out.

ArmorFlex is an ideal cold weather plastic IMO. A lot of players like it for BH but not FH. I understand that as it does have some flop whenever you really snap it FH. The Amber run should provide players with that confidence inspiring stiffness that will make the Raptor a staple in your bag for the OS slot.

I don't have a problem with the ArmorFlex on forehands. A smooth release rewards you with a dependable, consistent flight.
I am looking forward to the firmer plastic though. Curious to see if it makes it a little more stable.

Had my raptor out yesterday in some 20-25 mph winds and it never even batted an eye. On shots where I expected to maybe see some turn the raptor just stayed dead straight and still finished with a nice little hyzer. The armour flex plastic does not beat in near as fast as I thought it would when I first got it. It has been in the bag for a little more than a month and there is no noticeable change in flight characteristics! If anyone has a beat in raptor that is a little straighter I would love to get my hands on one!

I don't have a problem with the ArmorFlex on forehands. A smooth release rewards you with a dependable, consistent flight.
I am looking forward to the firmer plastic though. Curious to see if it makes it a little more stable.

I'd imagine it will.

The ArmorFlex Raptor is basically a Daredevil Mammoth I believe and if the new plastic equals High Performance then it would basically be a Sabertooth which Daredevil rates as more stable.

Raptor is WAAAYYYY more OS than InBounds shows. And yes, I can throw that far.

I definitely agree that it's more OS than the flight chart indicates. The Raptor is by far my most OS disc in the bag. I got one of the pink goober dyed discs in about a week ago, have used it 4 rounds so far.

Whoa nelly is this a meathook! I bought the Raptor to replace my Scythe as don't have a speed 12 arm (feels like I'm gonna blow my shoulder out throwing the scythe) but the scythe is good for headwind shots nonetheless.

I'm not giving up on it after a week but I'm having a tough time using the Raptor for much of anything. The plastic may just be too floppy for my liking ( I can practically roll this disc up like a burrito).

When will those Amber Raptors be available? I am quite keen to try a slightly stiffer Raptor now that warmer weather is nearly upon us...

Latest posts