• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Reptilian Disc Golf Raptor: Overstable Control Driver

Good Question.
Daredevil produces the "Buffalo" which is a DX version of this overstable driver mold in the mid 160's. I love the flight so I would say that at some point we will try to get the weights down for the Raptor!

awesome buddy! cant wait to check it out! :thmbup: keep up the great work! its been fun to watch RDG grow :hfive:

Pretty similar.

I'd say the LSS is a little less aggressive but still pretty hard.

I know that this field is pretty crowded with classic molds and hot new comers (FD3 & Felon) but this disc has really been a gem for me. Perfect amount of workable beef.

I have knocked out the beefy mids in my bag for a duo of Scale/Raptor. I can effectively flick both molds in most conditions so my short range approach game is rapidly improving.

I also have been able to get some surprise distance out of the Raptor. A couple torqued over flex lines have yielded some 330+ft rips that are still biting at the end.

wow the old kc's arent in the bag anymore?? :eek: :p

wow the old kc's arent in the bag anymore?? :eek: :p

Nah I believe my hoarding of the PF# KC's drove up the market. I sold them all and bought a Grip :thmbup:

Now I'm just throwing DX Rocs and a USDGC. Works just as well for a lot less dough.

Jamie, how much do the Raptors skip in the ArmorFlex plastic?
In case you missed it Jamie.

Nah I believe my hoarding of the PF# KC's drove up the market. I sold them all and bought a Grip :thmbup:

Now I'm just throwing DX Rocs and a USDGC. Works just as well for a lot less dough.

How are the DXs I sent you treating you? That Sandy Point one was definitely in the money spot for me.

In case you missed it Jamie.

How are the DXs I sent you treating you? That Sandy Point one was definitely in the money spot for me.

Ahh good catch Bro!

The ArmorFlex still skips if the line is low/hard enough. I've achieved some huge skips on short flicks when intentional. That said, big hyzer bombs seem to stick pretty well. It is the perfect amount of flex for me to kinda control what I want them to do.

Bro: those Roc's are choice. I'm reaaalllyyy digging the old school Xout stamped one. Really beefy for a DX. I still need to get you the hook up for sending those my way :hfive:

Very nice, exactly what I was hoping. I want to be able to skip a low shot but I want my spikes to dig in.

Got a Blue and Pink on the way. Wanted one of each color, but you know, only have so much money. So the plan for the Hucking Aces review of the Raptor is:

FIELD WORK
-Flat
-Hyzer
-Anny Flex
-Forehand
-Overhand
-Flat vs. Banshee
-Flat vs. C-PD
-Anny flex vs. Banshee
-Forehand vs. C-PD

Then a few course work shots. All that could change of course, depending on how the Raptor actually flies.

Just got back from my first Raptor (and all RDG) round. This disc is a winner!

I got two of the Pinks, one has a very slight dome, the other is a little flatter... Didn't notice any difference in flight though. The plastic is fantastic! If anyone is worried about the word flex in the title, don't worry these are in no way floppy. They feel...I'm not really the best at describing plastic feel but they feel great, almost like a baseline that you can tell is durable...very unique. And very pretty. Also, I am a fan of the over the top stamp.

As for the flight...wow. Jamie is right, these slot right in between a Firebird and PD. They slot in freakishly well actually. HSS of a PD, LSS of a Firebird. These flew all the lines I love out of a slightly domey Star Firebird but carried further and the dump started later. This is a utility disc... But one that is workable and if they season up nice could have an extremely prolonged workhorse cycle. Not much skip. They dig in great on a spike hyzer. But you can get one good hard skip if you play a low, hard ,flat shot.

Keep in mind, I'm in the ~300' club. So an overstable disc like this could have a vastly different flight pattern for someone with a cannon. As for me I see this as a great predictable OS/placement shot fairway driver. It was (and seems like it will continue to be) a reliable ~275' hyzer/fade shot disc for me, backhand and forehand.

All in all, I'm extremely impressed. Another great disc from RDG, can't wait for what comes next!

My 2 pinks came in today as well. Love the texture of the plastic. Its a premium plastic that has a base plastic chalk to it. A little softer than I normally like, but if the flight is right it might not matter. The rim does feel ever so slightly wider vs a PD.

Can't wait to get out tomorrow and chuck one.

Great write up Bro!

I'm really excited to see some more reviews come pouring in for the Raptor. I will be sending it off for PDGA approval next week so you can confidently work it into your Go-To driver slot.

Threw a small bag round yesterday and birdied back to back tough holes with the Raptor.
One was a tight window shot around 220 ft. that required a good straight push with a sharp late bite... BIRDIE
The next was a 200 ft. downhill tunnel with the basket parked hard left from the tee but unreachable in the air...
Low and hard line from the Raptor yielded a low and sharp skip that nestled right next to the basket...BIRDIE

This driver is just what I need from an OS driver. I like to use my Gecko for most all rounds so I like to have a versatile OS disc in lieu of bagging a FAF FB or Motion like I used to. I like that the Raptor gives me all kinds of workable LSS without being useless for sraight to fade or standard fairway lines.

My Raptors received today. Ordered a blue and a pink, but got a pink and white. RDG showed that they truly care about their customers with this; to wit, I contacted JCass and immediately he offered to get me a blue, no cost, no sending the white back. How about that?

One note though: There is a small ring of pink on my white Raptor, ostensibly from the pink Raptor and the dye. It's hot as hell here today, and the discs were in my metal mailbox for awhile (and God knows what else during transit) so I'm thinking that might have something to do with it as well.

Very worn out from teaching swim classes and a work day at the local course, so I'll be ripping the hell out of these tomorrow. Very excited. Plastic feels great...like gritty FLX.

Same thing here with the bleeding... It happens with excess dye and i figured it would with these raptors but dont mind much. Just a sheet of paper between would stop it from happening.

Latest posts