• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Reptilian Disc Golf's First Mold: The Scale (OS P&A)

That's a really nice deal! Your intern loves you way more now. :p

Bump for visibility for those people that have money! Hahaha

Get as many as you can afford Wolfey, you'll be able to resell them here no problem!

When will you restock the Dom Clark sig Scale, Armor and the Tar Pit. I'm ready to order :)

When will you restock the Dom Clark sig Scale, Armor and the Tar Pit. I'm ready to order :)

2nd question. How does the chief compare to the scale (and shaman/serpent) with the thumb tracks. Are they similar with the exception the scale is deeper than a chief?

I haven't thrown the retooled Chief, but the Scale is much more overstable than the old Chiefs, which were not understable. The Scale, as you said, is much deeper and has thinner flight plate.

An aside: rough winds at tags today so the Scale got plenty of throwing time. Lots of people were impressed and since we had one slow group, a lot of people milling about at the end were able to give it a throw. It was a big hit. I bag the Armor but I'm going to bring a Fossil and Tar Pit next week to let people try. That's one thing I've noticed about the Scale...I've yet to see a person try it and not like it.

Man, I got snow on the ground and going to throw random dubs tomorrow. Scared to throw my fossil, but want the reliability in my bag. The snow is hard pack, but due to my multiple sclerosis I'm about blind when it comes to color on color. What to do, what to do? Screw it, I'm bagging them.

Tar Pit (black) will probably stand out pretty well.
I didn't know you had MS Nate. You are the man, straight up and I mean that. Disc on, brother!

2nd question. How does the chief compare to the scale (and shaman/serpent) with the thumb tracks. Are they similar with the exception the scale is deeper than a chief?

1) hopefully soon ;) Dom and justin took 2nd for us at a tourney today so we def need to get a restock in

2) the new Gateway molds are 100% thumb tracks. They're large divots for your thumb to be placed in. For our molds, the thumb "contour" is much less prolific and doesn't come into play in any BH grip for me. My thumb does rest in the contour for FH grips and it feels VERY natural bc the plate is so thin. You'll love the hand feel. Our contour wasn't really developed to be a go to grip spot. If you do use it for such, even better though. Our contour also is very shallow in respect to the new chief/shaman top.

I'd say in terms of flight, the Scale is much more OS than any stock PnA offered from GDS. It's an OS mold through and through. I've yet to season one to a point of a negative HSS. The Scale is a wind devouring, up shot parking machine. I've never thrown a more controllable upshot disc as it really just flies and fades. Nothing more. Try one sometime and you'll be hooked ;)

Tar Pit (black) will probably stand out pretty well.
I didn't know you had MS Nate. You are the man, straight up and I mean that. Disc on, brother!

Thanks Andy. It is a more mild case, but still have some problems. DG actually helps in a huge way. Low impact exercise does wonders. Just did a five putt run off with the serpent(yeah, yeah wrong thread, don't give a chit) and MVP Atom from 20 feet. Serpent 4/5, Atom 2/5. Serpent and Scale are in the bag for tomorrow.

I sank 2 long birdies shots, that were definitely long shots for a "putt" 100 ft and a 65 fter.
Throwing this as an approach is amazing. Great disc again

canned a long one right in the bottom of the basket shooting from a frozen creek kinda downhill. This thing is $

The Scale and Serpent cemented their spots in my bag today. Envy may stay, but doubtful. Atom is out. These two putters are money. Converted one buddy already.

Felt up our spomsored player's WELL seasoned Fossil Scale today and I was amazed with the feel. The velvety complexion on got enhanced yet the gritty feel also seemed more prevalent. The bead had some even wear and even a few gouges to the nose. The stability. Was. On. Point.

Straight straight straight with a reliable, yet subdued fade. This Scale had the ideal characteristics of a Go To driving putter. It fought winds and hyzered predictably but was much more forgiving on underpowered shots. I will say this further cements my confidence ifor anyone and everyone giving the Scale n honest audition in their bags.

Interesting story from this weekend, I was playing with a couple guys on the course today (one of which throws only prodigy stuff), we were kidding around with him about how his "overstable" putter the PA1 really isn't all that overstable. So we got to hole 4 at East Frankfort dgc (in kentucky) which requires you to throw a 220' shot hyzered around a large guardian tree (easy scale range). He pulls out a brand new PA1 and his throw hyzer flips to flat and never fades leaving him blocked off from the basket by several trees. I hand him my scale which he throws on a beautiful hyzer line and he handicap parks the basket. Needless to say he should be buying his first scale fairly soon!

I have been a wizard fan since I picked one up and started landing putts with them, my only problem was after some time they started to wear (like every disc) and became unpredictable. This past weekend we had an ice bowl on one of my home courses and there were some of these available for purchase and prizes, I bought 2 of them and made a move not many people would do, took out my wizards and put these Scales in their place. I was not disappointed, these things have the most predictable flight I have ever seen out of as putter. There was a ton of wind that picked up for the 2nd round and these putters laugh at the wind. The next day I played 2 rounds on a course that was very rocky and was starting to eat up my primary putter (Stupid rocks) after the first 18 the putter looked like it had been used for a couple weeks but, the scales still flew true, I will be purchasing about 6 of them in a little more durable plastic when these things are not prototypes. Also to the reptilian guys, please don't change a thing between the proto and final product, I think you got a good mold off the bat, a little more durable plastic and I will be sporting these things everywhere!

Interesting story from this weekend, I was playing with a couple guys on the course today (one of which throws only prodigy stuff), we were kidding around with him about how his "overstable" putter the PA1 really isn't all that overstable. So we got to hole 4 at East Frankfort dgc (in kentucky) which requires you to throw a 220' shot hyzered around a large guardian tree (easy scale range). He pulls out a brand new PA1 and his throw hyzer flips to flat and never fades leaving him blocked off from the basket by several trees. I hand him my scale which he throws on a beautiful hyzer line and he handicap parks the basket. Needless to say he should be buying his first scale fairly soon!

As you can tell from my signature, I like prodigy. But I will agree the Pa1 is not very OS. In Fact its only slightly more OS than my Pa3's which are my main putting putter. (I still use the Pa1 from time to time though)

Not to knock it at all, I think the Pa1 is a great putter and more ideal for putting and the 400 pa1 is great for a thrower but if you need a true OS putter, there isn't one in the Prodigy lineup yet.

I put the Scale in the bag and I'll admit, its kinda what I was looking for. I also have a Harp that I'll toss in there, it really depends, but I like to have a lot of discs with me at all times. The Harp is closer to a zone than the scale. Harp is faster than the scale and hyzers out harder.

The Scale is that perfect amount of stability with control, glide (hover haha) and then drop. Its really the perfect upshot disc. (when a straight to hyzer is needed)

So dont bash the Prodigy guy, just give him a Scale:hfive:

Latest posts