• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

RHBH Anhyzer skip shot?!?

Slick disc, coming in leading edge below trailing edge, could skip fairly easily. If the plastic doesn't dig in, then the disc just rides the round shape through the redirection and the forward momentum carries it back up.

Most of the time though, there's enough friction to dig that edge in and cut roller. I had an anhyzer FH with a roadrunner in slick grass that I thought for certain would skip towards the basket, and even on what looked like the perfect angle, still cut rolled.

Tried a similar shot with a truth, also cut rolled.

yea, it doesn't seem that hard to believe actually, but now i want to go in a well cut field and try this.
would be cool to perfect this shot.
i almost think you would NEED a finely cut field for this to happen. Faster skip speeds.

I can vividly remember that time like 5 years ago a friend of mine just BARELY missed an ace off a RHFH anhyzer skip shot. It was the weirdest thing I had ever seen. It was basically like HUB describes:

Slick disc, coming in leading edge below trailing edge, could skip fairly easily. If the plastic doesn't dig in, then the disc just rides the round shape through the redirection and the forward momentum carries it back up.

but with an slight uphill rise after where the disc hit the ground to produce this crazy ramp-like launching effect. It was vey bizarre.

The anhyzer skip isn't as "impossible" as some folks will say, it's all about angle of descent and momentum. I've never done it with a mid range like the OP, but have managed to finally start getting a consistent AH skip with my Vision and a really beat in Wraith. Very hard to master because it goes against the spin of the disc but not undoable, you just have to have enough speed to overcome the spin and a shallow enough angle it doesn't cut roll. Great shot to have though if you can't throw sidearms well.

I've thrown a anhyzer skip shot more then a few times. It's a complete accident and I doubt is repeatable. I've done it with different discs. Champ sidewinder, dx roc and dx teebird to name a few discs.

Always on hole 18 Schumaker... The teepad is super super slightly downhill. The right side is slightly sloping to the left. It's very slight I live on the flattest place on earth I feel like. I'm throwing a anhyzer and I threw it to low. I haven't done it in awhile so I can't recall nose angle. I feel like even or slightly nose up and then the disc flattens out maybe. Mine is a straight skip with a little left "fade" at the end.