• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

RHBH throw finishing to the right...

NBdiscgolfer

I am looking into updating my bag here before long and thought i might swing in here for some opionions on some discs. I throw RHBH on pretty much all my shots unless stuck in an odd spot that will not allow it and am looking to find a driver I can throw that will finish to the right for me without having to come over the top and have it dig into the ground early. What discs do you other RHBHers throw to achieve this? Or am i just going to have to keep working on my side arm throw. Thanks for any input and info!

This is why I keep a GL River in the bag. Thrown flat it'll gently go right for the entire flight with no fade. Throw it with a little hyzer and it'll turn later in the flight and "finish right". It's not the same as a flat FH with late hard fade, but useful still.

I guess it depends on how far you are throwing and how far you want it to turn; like do you just want a gradualy turn throughout or a hard turn, or just straight and finish right (which is definately easier to do with a FH)

Thanks barneco. I am still pretty short on my drives aswell. I will throw accurate at around 300' but can get up around 350' on a good day. I will look into the disc, sounds like a good possibility.

I guess it depends on how far you are throwing and how far you want it to turn; like do you just want a gradualy turn throughout or a hard turn, or just straight and finish right (which is definately easier to do with a FH)

I am looking for a straight flight with a right finish, but a gradualy turning disc would be fine for me for now while I am still working on my FH. I am still rather short on the drives 300-320' usually but sometimes i will get on them and be more around 350+'.

There's generally two schools of thought on this. One is from people that cycle discs where you take your stable driver that has seen too many trees and won't fade back anymore. The second is to get something understable out of the box like a Leopard or Avenger SS.

There's generally two schools of thought on this. One is from people that cycle discs where you take your stable driver that has seen too many trees and won't fade back anymore. The second is to get something understable out of the box like a Leopard or Avenger SS.

I would agree witht he disc options and will say the Leo or Avenger SS might be best if you flip it from a hyzer so, while its in the hyzer, before it turns flat and then goes right, it will give you a similar to straight flight. Will have to work on them with hyzer angles for how long til it flips. Still going to need a good snap on the discs, or any disc really to get that to work

For just a gradual turn, the River does work, but I dont see it making any hard cuts right; unless you come over the top like said earlier and then it can dig in.

Thanks BrotherDave, I will look into those aswell.

On a side note. I am working on my FH throw but it is still all over the place. I like to blame it on my long lanky arms for my own self esteem...haha

Discrafts stratus or innovas stingray will be the easiest to perform the shot with.
Next would be the leopard, glide, or express.
Xl, jls, or river.
Avenger ss, roadrunner.

Good to know. Might just pick up a beat up disc from the shop and see how that goes first. Thanks!

If you are going to buy a pre beat up disc then don't get one thats typically crazy understable already (like a DX leopard)

For your range another option may be a lat 64 vision. get one around 165 or below. I only throw 280-300 and If i throw this with a slight hyzer it flips up flat and goes pretty straight with minimal fade. Since you have more power it would probably turn right for you and not come back

The best turnover discs i have used have been a slightly beat dx leopard and a lat 64 fuse (mid). I don't mess with the turnover shot anymore though since I can easily throw 275 FH with more accuracy and you get better right fade

Thanks Bubba. I am still working on my FH but just can not rely on it at all yet so I am really looking for a temp fix untill I can get control of that throw. Just getting tired of having to come over the top hard to get my discs to turn over and dig into the ground at 150' or so.

Thanks for the INFO everyone. Ended up picking up a little bit of an abused Inova Champion Roadrunner 164 and with a nice smooth mid power throw and nice snap i get a good long low left to right flight. I was getting out to around 230' approximatley and I am happy with that at the moment since I am not getting stuck with 150'+ aproach shots on the dog leg rights anymore...haha

Thanks again everyone. trying to read those charts in the shop and pick a disc just still confuses the hell out of me for some reason and I was able to get just what i was looking for.

Take care,
NB

If you're a newer player stingrays are great to learn that shot.

Edit: if you're only throwing 230' get a stingray and huck the piss out of it.

I have 3 discs that do this for me quite reliably. I only throw forehands to get out of a tough lie.

For bendy, short drives - dx Innova Stingray. For medium range - dx leopard. For drives that I just want to throw far and mostly straight but with a finish a little to the right - a Z stalker. I pretty much throw all of these level and let the disc do the work. I can vary the height of my throw to vary how much I need it to cut (when I have height to work with).

Goog advice given so far. One understable but nice disc I keep forgetting about is the Discraft X or ZExpress.

Latest posts