• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Rhyno Nation!

StarFirebird

Banned
Who in here besides me is part of the Rhyno Nation?

The Rhyno Nation are those of us who use their Rhyno's as Putters, for Approaching and Drives. You can Roll it,Forehand it,Tomahawk it,use it for Thumbers or just use it as a small bowl for your dog when he/she is thirsty. It even works well as a hat.

So let me hear it guys. Rhyno Nation! :hfive:

I drive and approach with the DX, until they're beat up enough, then putt with them. (At least that's the plan. I'm on my first two :p) Love that beat DX feel. And the thumbtrac is... Groovy :p

They do a great job on hilly and wooded courses, got some of the best fade putts and thumb rollers I've ever gotten with a Rhyno.

I looove my champ Rhyno. I used it as a putter back in my noob days and have since moved on to Aviars. BUT, no other disc can beat it when it comes to approach shots. It will hyzer out on long approaches or if you give it a little anny it will hold a great straight flight. Aaaaand it is great for drives. It's like a baby firebird in terms of utility.

What plastic seems to be the most popular? I have a gummy champ I use for approach / midrange shots. I'm not putting with one anymore, though.

I had no interest in Rhynos, tbh. Tought my ions were OS enough. I was pleasantly surprised to find out they are not the end of the putter OS spectrum. THEN, I got my hands on an early 2000s orange Champion Rhyno, (I'm a sucker for any disc in champ orange). Threw it for the first time yesterday. Holy S@&$! Somebody said it was good in the woods. I agree. Good fade on those really subtle shots around trees. That alone sold me, but it gets better. Rarely skipped, which to some, myself included, is a useful quality. Also, sticks to the ground. Drops out of the air quickly. Can take as much wind as any disc I've thrown. Don't get me wrong, it's no super disc or anything but it is definitely bag worthy. How do I get into Rhyno nation?!

What plastic seems to be the most popular? I have a gummy champ I use for approach / midrange shots. I'm not putting with one anymore, though.

The Old CE Rhyno's are great for putting if you can find one. Pro-Line's or Pro's are just as good for putting and great for Upshots/Utilities because of how tacky they are in the hand. If you can find a gummy Star those are good for putting duties as well. A Stiff Star or Stiff Champion is good for some killer drives with fade and Utilities.

I carry 2 Pro-Lines, 1 Champion and 1 Star

I had no interest in Rhynos, tbh. Tought my ions were OS enough. I was pleasantly surprised to find out they are not the end of the putter OS spectrum. THEN, I got my hands on an early 2000s orange Champion Rhyno, (I'm a sucker for any disc in champ orange). Threw it for the first time yesterday. Holy S@&$! Somebody said it was good in the woods. I agree. Good fade on those really subtle shots around trees. That alone sold me, but it gets better. Rarely skipped, which to some, myself included, is a useful quality. Also, sticks to the ground. Drops out of the air quickly. Can take as much wind as any disc I've thrown. Don't get me wrong, it's no super disc or anything but it is definitely bag worthy. How do I get into Rhyno nation?!

The Rhyno Nation are those of us who use their Rhyno's as Putters, for Approaching and Drives. You can Roll it,Forehand it,Tomahawk it,use it for Thumbers or just use it as a small bowl for your dog when he/she is thirsty. It even works well as a hat.

This is all you need man. :hfive:

Rhyno Lover

I have putted with Rhyno's for the better part of 9 years. I have 4 in my bag right now. 2 Pro Line for Putt and anny approach - 1 Champ for headwind drives - 1 R Pro for driving in tailwind. I can throw them on a straight bee line for 325. Absolute best driving putter made.

I love RHYNOS! Always have at least three. Most recently its been: a 2001 se soft, a proline or one of new factory store pros, and a recently acquired new gummy ontario star.

I'm really enjoying my Rhyno for upshots, but the R-Pro plastic is too floppy for my liking. Has anyone tried the Pros from the Factory Store? How do they feel / fly? I'm very tempted to purchase one...

Has anyone tried the Pros from the Factory Store? How do they feel / fly?

one word - MONEY! I would say they are a fraction softer than my oop pros but not detrimentally so. Just an awesome blend of stiffness and grip. Miles better feel than the r-pros. (Then again I wouldn't let my dogs drink out of an r-pro rhyno. lol) Old pros or these new ones are my choice for putting.

Gonna have to disagree on R-Pro Rhynos being bad. No they do not fly quite like their stiffer brethren, but they are amazing for reaching what your putter can't. Straight flyers that truly grab the ground when they hit.

The Ontario R-Pro Rhynos are very soft, and I would not recommend them, but if you are careful with your selection there are some Rancho R-Pros that are noticeably stiffer than the Ontarios. Not SE Soft firm, but still good.

I don't necessarily think the R-Pro is bad, but it can get very hot where I live and I think I would feel more confident with a stiffer blend. I do like the way they grab the ground though, and I could see an R-Pro being money in the winter. I might have to spring for one of the purple Pros...thanks gratefulbuns!

I have a stack of max weight Pro Rhynos. The thing is that I've used the same one for the last 5 years. Hopefully the stack will last the rest of my life.

Latest posts