• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Rhyno X

As a Rhyno thrower, this is exactly why I throw them. Give them air if you want the fade, true, otherwise I want them to drop like a brick.

That is why my dad has an old Pro version he used when he played more in 2000's as his wind putter/OS approach putter was the low glide. If it were lost I am told the R-Pro is flexible like the old Pro version he uses.

Pig, Hawg, AviarX3, Gator3, Rat, Caiman, Croc, Razorclaw, Warhog, and a Rhyno-X??

I love me some rhynos, but do they really need to fill the gap anymore between a rhyno and a pig?

Pig, Hawg, AviarX3, Gator3, Rat, Caiman, Croc, Razorclaw, Warhog, and a Rhyno-X??

I love me some rhynos, but do they really need to fill the gap anymore between a rhyno and a pig?

Not really, though this Rhyno-X should be a disc for those who want a more flat top OS Rhyno from Innova as most of the Champion, Star and G-Star discs end up with a little dome to the disc and even in DX sometimes it is hard to get a flat top Rhyno for specific runs. About the only plastic the Rhyno can mold up in flat top is R-Pro when the plastic is good for the mold and not having more flex then the old Pro Rhyno from the 2000's.

Innova isn't involved with the razor claw. It's one of Discmania's discs made by Trilogy. The disc is actually the Tactic. Razor Claw is Eagle's signature stamp. Kind of like the Cludbreaker is a DD3.

My bad. I've always just assumed anything discmania means innova. But their partnership with the Europeans will expand that.

It's still odd to me that innova would rename a disc just because it is flatter...?

I mean they haven't changed the roc or firebirds name. All they do is call em "flat top roc" or "FAF firebird" versus it's domey counterpart.

My bad. I've always just assumed anything discmania means innova. But their partnership with the Europeans will expand that.

It's still odd to me that innova would rename a disc just because it is flatter...?

I mean they haven't changed the roc or firebirds name. All they do is call em "flat top roc" or "FAF firebird" versus it's domey counterpart.

In recent years, X typically means a higher shoulder (RocX3, AviarX3). The 3 series are flat top discs. This is most likely a Rhyno with a slightly taller shoulder.

Also Discmania has a partnership with Yikun discs.

A different mold piece is used for the "3" series for a flatter top (also a different mold).

A Flat Top Roc has been made using the old mold then fed into a flattening machine (actually a full color printer without ink, which used to be the Ching machines that they were using a long time ago to print on the discs which also flattened the discs, which is why a lot of people looked for Ching Rocs) to artificially flatten it. The FAF Firebirds just came out flat from the normal molds due to plastic/weather/cooling conditions.