• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Rhyno X

Threw my new dx Rhynox this weekend. I would say it is a Rhyno with more fade. If you throw Rhyno's you may find the hand feel odd as it has a dramatic concave bottom wing and no bead. My closest wing comparison to discs I have would be a Gila, which has a similar wing for the over stability. Overall a very serviceable OS putter, good for touch up shots and nice off the tee but I am not sure that it would kick what you are doing currently out of your bag.

Interesting. I do like rhynos, I wonder what these would mold up like in premium plastic? I would like to try a champ out.

Threw my new dx Rhynox this weekend. I would say it is a Rhyno with more fade. If you throw Rhyno's you may find the hand feel odd as it has a dramatic concave bottom wing and no bead. My closest wing comparison to discs I have would be a Gila, which has a similar wing for the over stability. Overall a very serviceable OS putter, good for touch up shots and nice off the tee but I am not sure that it would kick what you are doing currently out of your bag.

No Bead. Interesting. Why even call it a Rhyno then. Why not a Pig Lite or something

aWRCz8P.jpg

So it's got kind of a sharper or narrower bottom? Not a fan of that feel. The Ruin has that design as well.

I have not held a Ruin but have seen pics of the wing. I was thinking that this may be the Ruin bottom with the Rhyno top when first inspecting it. Not sure if that is the case but seems plausible, Innova likes to mix and match mold pieces.

I have not held a Ruin but have seen pics of the wing. I was thinking that this may be the Ruin bottom with the Rhyno top when first inspecting it. Not sure if that is the case but seems plausible, Innova likes to mix and match mold pieces.

That's what I was guessing as well. Ruin bottom is what it looked like.

Croc bottom Rhyno top?

That's kinda what I was thinking. Felt up a few crocs in a local shop over the summer, and the flat ones looked beefy but I didn't particularly care for the feel of the bottom mold piece in a forehand grip.

It's probably been at least 2 months since I handled them but the profile pic definitely made me think a bottom piece similar to the croc.

Are they flat? Do you think they will beat to straight in DX?

Is the fade hard but smooth or one of those fades where once it slows down it just dumps out of the air to the ground?

Haven't thrown a croc but feeling it up it seemed like it'd just drop like a brick once it slowed down.

Sometimes that's desirable, other times the fade and skip is what you want. Personally I tend to play for some skip.

Yeah, I definitely need to hold one before buying.

Well very intesting profile view. I agree with others, gonna need to hold one before forming an opinion on this one.

I don't throw Rhynos but took the pic for a friend. I will say that concave wing felt terrible in my FH grip.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Latest posts