• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Rhythm

Yeah I know the flat top ones you got, I've got one of those and it's beefy, I'm hoping to compare to some recent L2's at 172g with the new stamp.

. . .

All I come back to is shot shape, the relay is straighter, the rhythm is more of a shallow S carver.

I was about to move my 163 stock Neutron Rhythm from the trunk to the trade pile but figured I would give it one more try. Played Woodsboro which has lots of tight lines and elevation. Light breeze that would occasionally kick up.

To my great surprise, Rhythm was flying remarkably straight, with a baby turn and toddler fade. Shallow S-carver, as you said. Flew almost exactly between my *TL3 and G* Leopard, maybe a little closer to the TL3. Also, Rhythm distance was not far behind my distance drivers.

Hmm, might need to give the Rhythm another try . . .

I was about to move my 163 stock Neutron Rhythm from the trunk to the trade pile but figured I would give it one more try.
..... .

Perhaps it got "trunk seasoned" and worked a little better.

I've been using my beefy ones with a circuit and calling that a bag. Or a backbone anyways. The mild wind resistance has been welcomed with open arms, I've tried some decent gusts and been decently on track. A good straight flat throw will just cruise, a little side to side but I really feel like the circuits do a great flat to hyzer flight and handles a little nose up.

The anhyzer into the wind can be a surprise but I'm hoping the stock run will just solve that problem for me. I like to throw flat with a little nose down and a touch of anhyzer, I also suffer from nose up releases haha. The rhythm is doing a lot of the work for me :) and covering my weaknesses, it's kinda the right disc right now. The extra weight is also helping all 6 at 172g.. Weirdly enough...

This thread has me slightly bummed out. I got a Rhythm when I played in the Circuit Challenge and I really like understable discs. Before the challenge, I saw on MVP's site the Rhythm was 7/5/-3/1 and was really stoked to get it. Then I threw it....didn't match the numbers even for what I expected with my noodle arm. Still, I liked the disc and it has a spot in my bag...so much so that I found another CC one as a backup. Now I hear that the non-Challenge ones fly less understable....I'm really hoping I don't lose both of my CC Rhythms any time soon. I guess I won't be throwing them over water any time soon.

I was checking these out today and almost snagged one. Comfortable rim shape.

Curious how it compares to my beat Crave. I'm still throwing the same white rimmed blue Neutron from the test batch a decade ago and it's pure butter. Thought maybe the rhythm could offer me similar flights for water holes and other risky shots.

I was checking these out today and almost snagged one. Comfortable rim shape.

Curious how it compares to my beat Crave. I'm still throwing the same white rimmed blue Neutron from the test batch a decade ago and it's pure butter. Thought maybe the rhythm could offer me similar flights for water holes and other risky shots.

You might be exactly right... the flat top stock run is probably right up your alley. A PP crave is what it reminds me of, with more glide but I also never beat a crave far enough.

And Bill... I feel your pain. I'll let you and everyone :D know how my new 160 seasons in.

Well a some mold and hoarding concerns hit me haha. Tossed up an ISO looks like I snagged 3 more circuit rhythms, might as well while the getting is good. They will be good for me in my oncoming form endeavor, heavier than my norm but controllable. I'm going to use them to focus on formwork, just have a stack of drivers I can throw that are all the same. (Probably pull out the Comet and envy pile too).

Previously I have used the relay but I want something that will handle a little extra snap and deliver a flatter flight with a more solid distance marker and potential for where I am right now. Plus I really like them :D and I can trade some folks a few fun things... it's just the right disc, right now.

Really liking the middle ground between relay/tesla and fairway/distance... the 1, 2 Punch of circuit/stock will help fill the PP fission tesla 155g spot for a lot less money haha.

Well I've been throwing the stock rhythms along with the circuits. I'm pleased to report the stock ones are actually breaking in quicker than I expected, they've gone from surprisingly stable to more of a stable straight... that's good news for the "little" I've thrown them. It might just be a matter of knocking off the new.

Well I've been throwing the stock rhythms along with the circuits. I'm pleased to report the stock ones are actually breaking in quicker than I expected, they've gone from surprisingly stable to more of a stable straight... that's good news for the "little" I've thrown them. It might just be a matter of knocking off the new.

Same experience here, with 3 stocks (160, 161, 170g). They're telling me they're just not that stable, once I get to know them.

Meanwhile, the Craves are all yelling: "Hey! We're the understable ones around here! Don't listen to the new guys!"

Last edited:
Same experience here, with 3 stocks (160, 161, 170g). They're telling me they're just not that stable, once I get to know them.

Meanwhile, the Craves are all yelling: "Hey! We're the understable ones around here! Don't listen to the new guys!"

:D exactly. I'm rocking 172's mostly but even my SE Stock 160 is exhibiting more turn already and it's not like I'm pounding it into trees... well not too many but not as hard and often as I used to. My heavy's just pound straight and have a reliable fast fade, the 160 SE just needs a little extra nudge to turn.

I'm still not a fan of the lone 160g but I accidentally threw it anhyzer 45 degrees off line and it caught some stupid long glide, further than the pin far. I really like the stocks for FH.

Well just dropped in to show some love for my somewhat maligned 160 SE, I've been working it hard and it has straightened out and extended its glide considerably. I keep expecting it to land 20' short but lately it's going 30' past. The hard fade is still there but mellowed, it's like it's starting later and the flight has stretched out more like it's circuit friends. It's kind of gone from meaty to crave country, the flight is quite literally in the middle of circuits and stocks.

picture.php

DFX rhythm showed up, sure looks like the same stamp now that I have it.

Sure is foily, like I can feel it and scratch it with my thumbnail kinda foil. Layers of it I assume. Haha, I wonder if that hurts legal usage?

Might as well toss in the monthly thoughts haha.

Playing a tourney, managed to stick to a solid plan with the rhythm for driving duties.. took 4 of em. 2 circuits as the main/backup, 160 se for a little extra straightness and the 174 L2 blue for a little beef. I still love the circuits I think they are 7 5 -2.5 1 now, still pretty straight. The stock flat ones are becoming REALLY straight, the 160 has amazing glide more than my circuits now, probably clocking at 7 5.5 -1 1, the heavy blue is 7 5 -0.5 1.5. Give or take.

The flat ones don't turn much, not quite resistant enough to handle a nasty torque fh like a tesla but still give me a comfortable margin of error on a mostly clean fh, bh no problem just straight to fade lots of lasers. I keep thinking they are beefy but then I throw em downhill looking for a little fade that's just not there.

Last edited:
I'll wait awhile to see if the Fission Rhythm shows up at PIAS, I would think so. If not, I'll order one, would like to see if the distance could be stretched out.
....:

Thought I'd cross quote you.... here's a couple rhythm videos

https://youtu.be/r5IbYmXDyes

https://youtu.be/urul2MMamTE

I wanted to make a rhythm video with a half dozen of em, at some point but these fellas do a decent job.

I might still pack a bag with a dozen and do a vid, I'm overdue for a form video but wahwah haha.

Last edited:
Well I managed to activate a crazy late anhyzer turn with my 153 rhythm last night. It was a very uplink kind of drive, luckily I smacked a tree because I was way off line. It hummed straight ish with a little wander, ran short of forward momentum at about 250' and the turn took over. It would have been interesting to see what the full flight might have looked like but I was already 75' left.

Well I managed to activate a crazy late anhyzer turn with my 153 rhythm last night. It was a very uplink kind of drive, luckily I smacked a tree because I was way off line. It hummed straight ish with a little wander, ran short of forward momentum at about 250' and the turn took over. It would have been interesting to see what the full flight might have looked like but I was already 75' left.
I think I'm set with my Rhythm's both neutrons SE 167g, and Stock 163g. The SE going on 9 months now still has that wide S turn and can handle the wind, use it for the open because of it. The Stock still getting the hang of it seems to work best aiming left center LHBH letting it fade in. Also testing a handful of discs on the course 15-20 mph R to L crosswind to get around a guardian tree, the Stock handled it best turning with it compared to the SE, and Virus. I've noticed the stock is flat, and the SE has a little bit of shoulder, so maybe that's the difference in flight? This week was going to take those two discs, along with the Virus and start working on snap, but I'm out with the flu, and maybe by the end of the week.

No longer have the Fission Rhythms SE and Stock both 167g and picked up in early July. The stock all I could get out of it on a full throw were turn over rolls which drive me insane. Tone it down with an x-step it would still turn. The SE lot of workable turn for the woods but was crushed in the wind. I was really missing having a Virus and realize I could do much better with it than the SE in the woods, so traded in both at different times. I've come to realize whatever reason for, I struggle with Fission in the lower speeds.

Last edited:
I think I'm set with my Rhythm's both neutrons SE 167g, and Stock 163g. The SE going on 9 months now still has that wide S turn and can handle the wind, use it for the open because of it. The Stock still getting the hang of it seems to work best aiming left center LHBH letting it fade in. Also testing a handful of discs on the course 15-20 mph R to L crosswind to get around a guardian tree, the Stock handled it best turning with it compared to the Stock, and Virus. I've noticed the stock is flat, and the SE has a little bit of shoulder, so maybe that's the difference in flight? This week was going to take those two discs, along with the Virus and start working on snap, but I'm out with the flu, and maybe by the end of the week.

No longer have the Fission Rhythms SE and Stock both 167g and picked up in early July. The stock all I could get out of it on a full throw were turn over rolls which drive me insane. Tone it down with an x-step it would still turn. The Stock lot of workable turn for the woods but was crushed in the wind. I was really missing having a Virus and realize I could do much better with it than the Stock in the woods, so traded in both at different times. I've come to realize whatever reason for, I struggle with Fission in the lower speeds.
I have a lot of rhythms and I'm not sure about what makes for a different flight, I suspect PLH haha.

The SE neutrons I have 2 are flat, 1 has a shoulder mild dome. They are generally more stable than a slightly domed one. I have some L2s that are FAF and real stable to boot.... so I thought I had it figured.

Then I have a tiny shoulder flat one and it's 166g ish easy to turn (easier than I expected) and one at 168 started with a dome and now it's low shoulder flat but it's been more stable from the start. 🤷‍♂️

It doesn't really matter, they are all good for the bag, the domey 172s are my standard favourite but the 160 se drummer is an outstanding unicorn it just grows extra glide every day while staying stable

How are the fission Rhythms compared to the stock neutrons? I've been bagging a light (160) stock neutron that I like well, but eyeing the fission.

How are the fission Rhythms compared to the stock neutrons? I've been bagging a light (160) stock neutron that I like well, but eyeing the fission.
Back in July I picked up a Fission and Stock Neutron both about 167g, after picking up a neutron SE in January. The Fission will fly more distance than the neutrons, but I could never get it to stop turning. I'm LHBH, and could only use it on dogleg lefts, very useful on wooded courses. But in strong winds in the open would get slapped to the ground compared to both neutrons that handle it very well. It's likely the way I throw a three-step. The only Fission's I have is the Wave, easy to control. All other molds I have are either neutron or plasma, I've found them easier to control in wooded courses. I would tell you give the Fission Rhythm a go!

I was hoping that might be the case.
Pretty much, fission is the flippiest rhythm, not far off a magic wave kinda flight like Lee sorta said.. the fission is touchy, but not bad touchy. I've got a 158 and 165 in rotation... 158 is FUN (as long as it's not tragic) i can extend lines uphill and it plays like a longer signal. 165 is pretty steady still holds a turn but less flippy and the closest touch down from something like a 160 N.

Depending on how your neutron molded up, 75% of the flat tops are more stable and the domeys were less stable, but I have some flat tops with low plh so not 100% accurate. All my fission have a dome and they can be hyzer flipped easier and also glide the furthest.

I'm most fond of the rhythm around 160g in neutron or the circuit 170g. I love the straight flight. Digging the fission right now in the winter with the extra flex in the plastic. Haha I'm basically packing 2 or 3 rhythm with a tesla and a bunch of putters..

Last edited:

Latest posts