• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ridiculously overpriced disc of the day...

i dunno what's more crazy... that it sold for that price or that i've never heard of the disc or brand. who manufactures that?

cool stamp though

To make up for the troll post by gamma...

Here is a $1200 SOLD disc

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Innova-Nat...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Nate Sexton should start a cult

Not a troll post lol Those LVC firebirds were for sale on discgolfvalues for that price and all sold out. discgolfvalues has been out of stock of all their air force stamped stuff for pandemics now but I see all the same stuff on ebay for 3x the price...makes me wonder if that dude just gave up on selling things for a fair price when he could pillage others for way more money.

I just bought a Nate Sexton 2021 Tour Series Glow Firebird for $24.99+$8.99 S&H. I know they sellout super quick on the innova pro shop so I jumped on it as fast as I could. I think I'll regret this purchase but meh whatever

I know there is a shortage of the exact disc people are looking for, but there are lots of discs available.

If a newb is buying $50 PMB putter or $1200 Sexton Firebird, they are doing it wrong.

ANYONE buying overpriced discs because they just have to have that specific disc is their own worst enemy.

A 50$ pmb ts putter is not overpriced considering how popular they are AND that it's like $15 more than you would pay anyway (retail+shipping).

Plus you get the color combo you want.

Not a "ridiculously overpriced" disc imo. Seems fair (if not cheap) for a secondary market price.

Someone bought 50 2021 Sextons...didn't even open the box....and flipped them for $3200... made over $1500... not bad for a few clicks on the keyboard.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Unopened-B...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

These new disc golfers are falling for the old "1 of XXX" trick...
Most of the time they are paying hundreds of dollars for a 5 cent piece of foil. The plastics alot of the time are either being used in production or will be used in the future.

I don't think these type of discs hold their value over time.

A 50$ pmb ts putter is not overpriced considering how popular they are AND that it's like $15 more than you would pay anyway (retail+shipping).

Plus you get the color combo you want.

Not a "ridiculously overpriced" disc imo. Seems fair (if not cheap) for a secondary market price.

Someone bought 50 2021 Sextons...didn't even open the box....and flipped them for $3200... made over $1500... not bad for a few clicks on the keyboard.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Unopened-B...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

I'm not paying $50 for a putter. So IMO it is overpriced.

I'm not paying $50 for a putter. So IMO it is overpriced.

I'm sure you have spent more than $50 on putters. Maybe not a single disc but your discs probably weren't limited and didn't retail for $25-$35.

If you can't buy a limited product for less than $25-$35... paying $50 in the secondary market isn't ridiculously overpriced.

Obviously all of us paying more than $1 for a plastic circle makes every disc overpriced...but that isn't what this thread is about... maybe take a break from pinching pennies and re-read the OP.

I'm sure you have spent more than $50 on putters. Maybe not a single disc but your discs probably weren't limited and didn't retail for $25-$35.

If you can't buy a limited product for less than $25-$35... paying $50 in the secondary market isn't ridiculously overpriced.

Obviously all of us paying more than $1 for a plastic circle makes every disc overpriced...but that isn't what this thread is about... maybe take a break from pinching pennies and re-read the OP.

Fair enough. Yes there are some crazy prices that some are apparently willing to pay.

As I've never been much of a collector type, I don't value "stuff" in that way.

To each their own.

I assume these ridiculous prices are for collecting and not discs someone is going to throw.

The PMB putters you referenced are discs for play, hence my statement they are overpriced IMO.

The man himself listed 5 bottom stamped '17s on the sexton collector page for $750 each and sold out in 20 minutes.. probably should have asked for more.