• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ring of Fire format?

sonny

Eagle Member
Who has experience with promoting or playing in a Ring of Fire putting contest? I am interested in the idea of promoting such a contest and would like to know hear how other clubs have handled it.

Do you let each competitor putt individually or all competitors putt at the same time on a signal? Maybe something in between like setting flights of 4-8 people who putt at once?

Start at 20 feet and move back 5 feet each round or something different?

Please share your Ring of Fire experiece(s). What works? What doesn't?

In the past I've had everyone form a circle or a cresent moon sphere and on the count one, two, three everyone throws they're shot on three. Person (never had this happen, but...or person's) throwing their shot into the basket wins the prize (usually the ace pool), if no one throws their shot into the basket then the closet to the basket wins the prize (bring a tape measure as people will want you to measure thier shots if it's close). I like this kind of "sudden life" as it allows every competitor an opportunity to claim the prize as well as it's pretty photogenic to have 40 or so discs flying towards the basket at once.

Circle ,
Everyone about 30 ft from the basket.(Sometimes I allow kids to be closer)Keep em out of the line of fire too.
Everybody shoots at the same time.Whoever makes it retreives their disc,"Everybody else stays put."
Ask who's in by holding up their disc.
Count to three again.One disc in makes for a winner.Ties throw again.Nobody makes it add something to the pot and let everybody collect their discs to throw again.
It's alot of fun and even the beginner has a chance becuause it's like pinball with the discs bouncing off each other.
I use CTP's for splitting up Ace Pots.Everybody who "entered" the Ace Pot gets a chance at this CTP.
Say it's a $300 Ace Pot.I'll either do 3 $100 CTP's or maybe even 6 $50.00 CTP's.(Make up a short shot say 150 to 200 ft)
This is TONS of fun.I do it every time I run a tourney.
Have Fun

I won a disc in the ring of fire. It came down to me and another guy and he threw wide and I hit the basket.

A "Ring Of Fire" is a lot of fun. I have only got to be in one, and it was a blast.

I won a flashlight participating in a ring of fire at Oregon Park.

Latest posts