• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roc/Wizard popularity?

Roc/Wizard popularity?

• I Throw Rocs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Throw Wizards

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I Throw Rocs and Wizards

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I Throw Neither

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters
i'm still throwing the roc, and have been since day 1 of my disc golf days...

in my opinion with the 3 or 4 midranges innova's come up with in the last year and half (goblin, kite, skeeter...bleh!) the cro is a pleasant suprise. i still don't see any reason for me personally to switch to the cro, however. i thought it would be a good sidearm midrange, but i've ended up learning how to sidearm my rocs.

it's probably gonna be a while till someone makes a superior midrange to what's already out there. if it is... say... the shockwave, it'll take me at least a few months or a year before i'm convinced i should try one based on other people's praise.

ain't nothing wrong with the roc in my book. i'm glad i got a stack of different ones (wear, weight, dominess etc...).

The shockwave is the closest match to a roc. I didn't think it was possible but it is. I haven't seasoned a shockwave to hyzer flip to straight arrow like a seasoned roc yet but the stablilty and glide are very close.

34930.jpg

That particular Roc, as I said, was one of that batch of first 3 discs that I bought. In addition, it was also my first ace disc. Furthermore, the edges were getting chewed up enough that it was starting to hurt my hand. So I went the more durable route and I'm quite happy with the Sharks.

Blake_T said:
i carry a sanding sponge in my bag at all times as well as a sheet of sandpaper.
That's not a bad idea. If I need to do field disc repair I use the file on the mini swiss army knife attached to my key chain. Probably not quite as good but I would already be carrying it anyway.

the nice thing about sanding sponges is that you can get 2 diff grit.

i use a med/fine. med for big chunks, fine for finishing. they are fairly small but big enough to not get lost in a bag

JR said:
Frank_Delicious said:
Jesse B 707 said:
^^^^^^^
there has GOT to be a way to say that with less words :p

Now translated from JR speak:
shortened JR said:
I like MD1s more than Rocs I don't know how MD1s break in because all of mine are new. If they break in as well as Rocs mixed usage isn't that important compared to now. They are near clones flight wise. I complement my arsenal of MD1s with a gummy QMS.

I certainly subscribe to the school of it's the Indian not the arrow .

If it weren't for the new and improved Roc the MD1 I'd be gladly using the Roc in different stages of wear.

In my books the MD1 is in most roles the better disc to a Roc.

If I were going for brevity and not making two points and I'm not gonna discuss why I'm making those points it would read:

MD1 is a faster longer, more overstable Roc that extends Mid range distance available at the expense of less versatility at shorter distances.

Or try one it's great.

Or MD1 FTW.

Or MD1!

Can you make it shorter? Is some detail lost in shortening the message that may be relevant to people considering purchasing one?

Did you think I was writing for your needs only ? :^) Just like on your television you can change the channel or do something else. Do you watch everything on the tube? Why should every program be catered for you?
you dont need to "cater your JR program to me" as i am not a frequent subscriber, all i was saying is i might stop to read your posts if it didn't take up so much time and then maybe i would know the true greatness of the MD1 :roll:

Jesse B 707 said:
you dont need to "cater your JR program to me" as i am not a frequent subscriber, all i was saying is i might stop to read your posts if it didn't take up so much time and then maybe i would know the true greatness of the MD1 :roll:

There's the search function because I'm not the only that as written about MD1s. I don't see any harm in people not reading what I write.