• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rules question - Where does this fall?

skippy0420

Eagle Member
Since I am not the 'shy' type I will admit that this was my situation last night at LEAGUES(not tourney).

Situation:
Shotgun start (on 15) and are through 11 holes (on 8 tee)

Player A(male) has to relieve himself(not #1) and the closest place is off of hole 1. To do so would take him roughly 20 minutes for the walk and dropping the kids off. He is told that he has to take a DNF.

Where does this fit in the rulebook? What Rule?

I have no problem with the DNF as my sanity and 'comfort' take a front seat to a round in DG. Just curious where/what rule wold apply....

from 804.02 beginning play
"if a player is not present to throw when it is his or her turn, the scorekeeper shall allow 30 seconds. if the player has not thrown after the 30 seconds has elapsed, a score of par plus four is to be entered for that hole. this procedure continues on any subsequent holes for which a player is absent"

Subway and I ususally get along.... Thanks for the heads up on the Imodium

Kwick - thanks for the quick response.

So I COULD have gone back and played the rest of the round but I would have had a hell of a score to go back to!

from 804.02 beginning play
"if a player is not present to throw when it is his or her turn, the scorekeeper shall allow 30 seconds. if the player has not thrown after the 30 seconds has elapsed, a score of par plus four is to be entered for that hole. this procedure continues on any subsequent holes for which a player is absent"

Note that this rule is only applicable to the very beginning of a round. If you want to take a break in the middle of a round, you would DNF if you were not ready to throw 30 seconds after it became your turn.

Subway and I ususally get along.... Thanks for the heads up on the Imodium

Just don't get too used to taking it or you'll be needing laxatives. I take one in the morning before any tourny I enter starts. So far I have yet to have one of those gotta go, gotta go, gotta go, right now moments.

:)

So far I have yet to have one of those gotta go, gotta go, gotta go, right now moments.
Little known fact on how Gotta Go, Gotta Throw came up with the name for their company... ;)

Note that this rule is only applicable to the very beginning of a round. If you want to take a break in the middle of a round, you would DNF if you were not ready to throw 30 seconds after it became your turn.
yeah_that.gif

So... what would the rule be if he had gone behind a bush and dropped trow? Is that an automatic DQ?
DSCJNKY

So... what would the rule be if he had gone behind a bush and dropped trow? Is that an automatic DQ?
DSCJNKY

The world is a man's bathroom. I pee and poop every morning like a man... standing up and reading a paper pantsless in my front yard.

I would argue that the rule book does not apply. Weekly leagues are not P.D.G.A. sanctioned events. Too often we make this game more complicated than it needs to be, ask the people on your card and group decision rules.

I don't care about having to take the DNF in league or a tourney. I just wanted to see where the rules would fit in for the situation.

I was not going to make my group wait 20-30 minutes for me to walk to the outhouse, do my duty, and get back. DNF is fine by me...

I would argue that the rule book does not apply. Weekly leagues are not P.D.G.A. sanctioned events. Too often we make this game more complicated than it needs to be, ask the people on your card and group decision rules.

Agreed, ask the group.

Disagreed somewhat that the rulebook does not apply. If the person running league says it applies, then it does.