• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Saint Pro

I tried to love saint pros. I bought 6. But they just weren't what I wanted. Using a saint/felon combo seems much more workable and more like my old PD lineup.

I agree with tjh0188.

Felons are closer to what I wanted out of a Saint Pro. If it's too windy for an Escape or Saint, I go to the Felon. The 3 Saint Pros I had couldn't reliably handle the headwinds for me. If there wasn't much wind, I can shape the Escape to work magic and glide forever. Felons are becoming a huge workhorse for me. They're taking away shots from a lot of discs in my bag.

Depending on how far you throw a Saint Pro is not going to be stable. For me a Saint and Saint Pro are relatively close in flight, but I have some super pop-top Saints though. My only stable Saint Pros are xouts and even then I prefer a felon in the wind. I just like how workable the Saint Pro is. My goldline is very Eagleish in flight and I can get some good left to right movement before finish back to the left. They are a staple in my bag. For reference I can throw my Saint Pros about 375'ish on a golf line.

Saint Pros are very accurate and glidey. Who said the saint pro was suppose to be good in the wind? It was designed for higher arms speeds compared to the regular saint.

If its windy the enforcer is the ticket for me in that distance range.

If I need a little less distance either the mace or trident.

The easy grip and trustworthiness of the saints/pros are what I need in my bag. Mine all have varying degrees of stability and that is how I get good placement.

No disc will do everything their is always a compromise.

Depending on how far you throw a Saint Pro is not going to be stable. For me a Saint and Saint Pro are relatively close in flight, but I have some super pop-top Saints though. My only stable Saint Pros are xouts and even then I prefer a felon in the wind. I just like how workable the Saint Pro is. My goldline is very Eagleish in flight and I can get some good left to right movement before finish back to the left. They are a staple in my bag. For reference I can throw my Saint Pros about 375'ish on a golf line.

Yeah on a good rip for me the opto saint pros are very straight but can easily go 400'
My gold line saint pro is the straightest disc i have ever thrown, but will drift right depending on how hard i throw it. Great for when I need something a bit more stable than my escapes..which i use as my understable fairway.

I'll use my thunderbirds when i need something with more fade or the wind kicks up a bit.

To me they are completely different discs - it would be like saying the Saint and the Diamond were the same disc in terms of stability.

Then again, my Saint Pro has massive flashing on the bottom.

To me they are completely different discs - it would be like saying the Saint and the Diamond were the same disc in terms of stability.

Then again, my Saint Pro has massive flashing on the bottom.

Don't get me wrong I have thrown some understable Saints. I was just saying the majority of Saints I have are poptop and fly very similar to my Saint Pros. Everyone is going to throw a disc different and everyone has different arm speed. I'm just giving my personal experience. I like that I can interchange my Saints and Saint Pros for the same spots in my bag. I have 9 Saint/Saint Pros that are in the same stability class. Maybe I found some freak Saints.

I tried the Saint Pro but it just wasn't predictable enough for me. Its good for big glidey fairway distance shots but not for control. I have a sticker weight GL Saint that handles those shots for me. For control fairway shots that I know won't get squirrelly on me, the Convict and Felon have been my go to fairway drivers where the Felon is straight with an OS finish and the convict just rides straight a bit longer before fading. I'm really looking forward to possibly putting a Lucid Sampo in the bag because I think it will be a Saint Pro thats faster and more predictable with the higher low speed fade.

I tried the Saint Pro but it just wasn't predictable enough for me. Its good for big glidey fairway distance shots but not for control. I have a sticker weight GL Saint that handles those shots for me. For control fairway shots that I know won't get squirrelly on me, the Convict and Felon have been my go to fairway drivers where the Felon is straight with an OS finish and the convict just rides straight a bit longer before fading. I'm really looking forward to possibly putting a Lucid Sampo in the bag because I think it will be a Saint Pro thats faster and more predictable with the higher low speed fade.
This is quite interesting, since my experience with Saint / StP was completely opposite. While the beat StP would hold a straight line even in mild winds, the Saint would get squirrely and it could drop to the ground all of a sudden.

I only have the 174g Convicts, but even still they show some turn and a strong fade. Haven't thrown Innova, but based on the numbers alone it almost feels like Convict is like an Eagle and StP is like a Teebird.

EDIT: I also have some 171g Opto Saints that are more stable than 167g StPros.

This is quite interesting, since my experience with Saint / StP was completely opposite. While the beat StP would hold a straight line even in mild winds, the Saint would get squirrely and it could drop to the ground all of a sudden.

I only have the 174g Convicts, but even still they show some turn and a strong fade. Haven't thrown Innova, but based on the numbers alone it almost feels like Convict is like an Eagle and StP is like a Teebird.

EDIT: I also have some 171g Opto Saints that are more stable than 167g StPros.

I think I just got a really good Saint, it basically flies like the other Saint Pros. Its a gold gold line, the same one Feldberg bags.

I've been a bit frustrated with the Saint Pro in moderate winds. It's not as high speed stable as I would like, even though the fade is plenty strong (and I'm not a power thrower, about 320' with a speed 9 disc). I've just started testing an Escape in DecoDye. In my experience, a regular Escape has a mild fade but is still pretty resistant to high speed turning. Hoping that this is just the ticket. Anyone else try to reach the slot the Saint Pro is supposed to be in by using a stable plastic formula?

I don't think people really get what the saint pro disc is suppose to be. Its a great fairway driver that can handle a higher arm speed than the saint.

It is designed to be accurate and resist turn (higher arm speed). Where in the flight numbers or product description do you see that is a great windy driver?

Does the saint pro lose its fade or HSS first? Do they become s curve flyers with time?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Does the saint pro lose its fade or HSS first? Do they become s curve flyers with time?
I don't have a definitive answer for you, but I can say that they will start turning before losing all of the fade. So I don't think you can get the Saint Pro to replicate the Teebird flight where it will just go straight without turning or fading. IMHO.

The saints have kind of sneaked into place of my pros. The saints are long and so straight. The thunderbirds have kind of taken the pro spot because they penetrate the wind so much better.

If I had more room it would look like- saint, saint pro, thunderbird in that order of stability.

The Saint pro is more glidey and easier to release flat than the thunderbird. Don't get me wrong on what I like it is more like what I have room for.

If the wind is kicking up I would pull out the regular saints and put in the pros for that same straight stable fairway spot.

I don't have a big sample size with Saints and Saint Pros - but since the Culverin and Longbowman are out the Saint Pro feels very obsolete for me. To answer your question: they will loose the HSS first, especially since they don't have a lot of it from the get go.

I got a Opto Saint and a GL Saint Pro. In my experience I got a super flippy Saint which can do some serious good S turns for me. I parked it the other day on 449 feet elivated hole. Plays more or less like a 300-350 feet hole. My Saint Pro will just fly straight and give me a hard fade at the end. None of them are really beat in. As I only use the Pro for shorter flick shots.